Will AMD and Intel's competition hit the low-end market?

We've seen competition in the enthusiast market with Core i9 and Threadripper and the new Kaby Lake X, but will AMD compete with the 60$ beast, the G4560?

If Ryzen 3 is released, will there be a competitor for the G4560 (other than the old Athlon X4) at its 60$ price range?

3 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

We've seen competition in the enthusiast market with Core i9 and Threadripper and the new Kaby Lake X, but will AMD compete with the 60$ beast, the G4560?

If Ryzen 3 is released, will there be a competitor for the G4560 (other than the old Athlon X4) at its 60$ price range?

There will be when ryzen apus come out, but otherwise, nope.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

in all honesty its pretty good the way it is now, G4650 for entry level up to 1060. R5 1400 for main stream, and R5 1600 for power users. They all really well priced and proven performance. 

You'd be pretty mad to buy anything from intel except maybe the 7700K, which looks like come August intel launches Coffeelake and you outdated where the ryzen AM4 will keep going till 2020 giving you better life span. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

eh don't think so. 60 bucks already is a really low price. the r3 is supposedly clocked lower and has a lower IPC so im not sure how that would translate into real world performance. i don't think the g4560 will be dethroned but i do think some consumers will get sucked to amd if they offer some good r3 APU's.

there will probably be something, it might be an apu but thats a good think 

Lol they could launch an insanely cheap hyperthreaded dual-core

31 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

in all honesty its pretty good the way it is now, G4650 for entry level up to 1060. R5 1400 for main stream, and R5 1600 for power users. They all really well priced and proven performance. 

You'd be pretty mad to buy anything from intel except maybe the 7700K, which looks like come August intel launches Coffeelake and you outdated where the ryzen AM4 will keep going till 2020 giving you better life span. 

You've got that right! Intel has been dominating the market for years, now that AMD is back in the game we can see more competition, more price-cuts, more releases and satisfaction for all customers!

Just now, Vespertine said:

You've got that right! Intel has been dominating the market for years, now that AMD is back in the game we can see more competition, more price-cuts, more releases and satisfaction for all customers!

That's the problem with monopolies, (cough cough) they always drive up prices since they have no competition. Even if people don't want to buy Ryzen, they should be glad it exists because as a result of that Intel is forced to cut prices on their products to compete.

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

hahaha think intel should read this, Their idea of competition seems to be just open the flood gates and scramble to release everything in every market without logic, Both Linus and Jay2c videos are great on explaining it. 

@MegaVoltz yip agree there, even if you fan boy and only want intel look at the price difference between X99 and X299 CPU's thats a direct result of AMD. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I don't think it makes sense to release a dual core for AMD. Would they have only one core on each CCX? Or would they have one CCX with two cores enabled, and sacrifice cache, and use that to make room for a Vega GPU? I don't see them disabling half of an entire CCX personally. Their architecture and Infinity Fabric don't lend themselves to relying on single core performance either.

1 minute ago, othertomperson said:

I don't think it makes sense to release a dual core for AMD. Would they have only one core on each CCX? Or would they have one CCX with two cores enabled, and sacrifice cache, and use that to make room for a Vega GPU? I don't see them disabling half of an entire CCX personally. Their architecture and Infinity Fabric don't lend themselves to relying on single core performance either.

Maybe a faulty chip in the future could get them to do that.

1 hour ago, MegaVoltz said:

Maybe a faulty chip in the future could get them to do that.

You're talking an awful lot of wasted silicon, on a part that's going to have to retail sub-£100. They have to make money on it. There's a reason Intel's dual cores are different silicon to their 8-cores. AMD's wouldn't be.

AMD wants to push the core count norm up, not down. Even if it were economical to sell dual cores they probably wouldn't.

4 hours ago, othertomperson said:

A low clocked quad core, ULV Apu in a nuc case would make a very appealing option. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

the 1400 reaches i3 prices when it is on discount. am4 motherboards aren't that expensive. around 80$.  Asrock Pro4

It goes for 139$ here with promo PJUNESAVINGS10  http://www.ebay.com/itm/262941708241.

ram for 35$ CT16G4DFD8213 which is possible to overclock (on qvl)    https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC4-17000-Unbuffered-288-Pin-CT4G4DFS8213/dp/B00MMLUYPQ

very similar price to i3 7100 with b250.

btw I don't why intel released the g4560 with 4 threads hyperthreaded that is essentially an i3 processor for less $. 

check my PC build here: https://valid.x86.fr/jyjc2n

b350 tomhawk arctic h.51 bios, Corsair LPX ram running at 3200mhz

case is a 35$ Zalman Z3 plus white with a cooler master 10$ (15MIR)hyper t4 cooler

20$ EVGA 450w bt (black cables)

150$ 1060 3gb@2.1ghz

21 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

A low clocked quad core, ULV Apu in a nuc case would make a very appealing option. 

True. Maybe an APU that could hold up in 1080p gaming? That would be awesome so a lot of people wouldn't need a dGPU.

20 hours ago, tim11111111 said:

the 1400 reaches i3 prices when it is on discount. am4 motherboards aren't that expensive. around 80$.  Asrock Pro4

It goes for 139$ here with promo PJUNESAVINGS10  http://www.ebay.com/itm/262941708241.

ram for 35$ CT16G4DFD8213 which is possible to overclock (on qvl)    https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC4-17000-Unbuffered-288-Pin-CT4G4DFS8213/dp/B00MMLUYPQ

very similar price to i3 7100 with b250.

btw I don't why intel released the g4560 with 4 threads hyperthreaded that is essentially an i3 processor for less $. 

They should have slashed the price of the i3s.