Best headset for Battlefield 4

MikeDev

What would you guys consider the best battlefield 4 headset?

I would not suggest a headset, I would not suggest playing BF4 and I would not suggest getting a headset for a specific game.

But this is irrelevant so what is your budget? :) Then we can help you further.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Open headphones + mic.

HD558, AD700X, DT990

Good open sound stage for hearing enemy footsteps and gunfire. Saved me a bunch from getting knifed in the back and getting some nice counter knives.

Open headphones + mic.

HD558, AD700X, DT990

Good open sound stage for hearing enemy footsteps and gunfire. Saved me a bunch from getting knifed in the back and getting some nice counter knives.

Nice choices, but if he wants something cheaper depending on his budget something like the pioneer se-a1000 could be nice :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

ok, thanks 

I have teh astro a50, razer black shark, corsair 1400, or any of the logitech headsets in mind.

my budget is anything below 250 usd

ok, thanks 

I have teh astro a50, razer black shark, corsair 1400, or any of the logitech headsets in mind.

my budget is anything below 250 usd

Yeh I'd advise you not to go with any of those especially if 250 is your budget. (but hey, then again everyone asks for advice on here and some don't really take it anyway)

The sound quality and closed headsets don't give you that immersive feeling of being in open battlefield environments. The sound just feels like its all happening inside your head. (and if that's what you like, look at a pair of closed headphones)

As recommended look at an open pair of headphones and a mic, for 250 you can get a nice setup. Hey don't even take my word for it, go out and try it yourself, see if you can borrow a friends pair if he has some or if the store lets you test. Look at other models that people have suggested, not just my recommendations.

Anyway if you need more help deciding the best thing to do is look at the FAQ section linked at the top of the Audio section. You can learn a good deal from that and it'll help you make an educated purchase.

Goodluck mate

What would you recommend for "an open pair of headphones and a mic"

Many a things. Sennheiser 500 series is an option, Audio Technicas Air series, a few of Beyerdynamic headphones. And Snowflake from Blue, or a clip mic.

Many a things. Sennheiser 500 series is an option, Audio Technicas Air series, a few of Beyerdynamic headphones. And Snowflake from Blue, or a clip mic.

Don't forget the Ebay mic  :D

197_zpsd1a71ddd.jpg

What @EmoRarity posted, good options there for open designs or more specifically the one's I mentioned before HD558, AD700X, DT990. But as I mentioned, look at some reviews, some videos, gather as much info and make an educated purchase. There may be a better open headphone that I don't know about for good value, I'm definitely not the expert or only one with a suggestion, just my 2 cents.

As for a mic the snowflake is a good desk option or if you're looking at broadcasting then take a look at the snowball or yeti. Otherwise if you want the convenience get a zalman clip on or any other clip on, or you can do what I did and ghetto mount a line and use a flexible boom mic from ebay/amazon for less than $2 and have fairly good performance (better than any headset mic I've used).

Don't forget the Ebay mic  :D

What @EmoRarity posted, good options there for open designs or more specifically the one's I mentioned before HD558, AD700X, DT990. But as I mentioned, look at some reviews, some videos, gather as much info and make an educated purchase. There may be a better open headphone that I don't know about for good value, I'm definitely not the expert or only one with a suggestion, just my 2 cents.

As for a mic the snowflake is a good desk option or if you're looking at broadcasting then take a look at the snowball or yeti. Otherwise if you want the convenience get a zalman clip on or any other clip on, or you can do what I did and ghetto mount a line and use a flexible boom mic from ebay/amazon for less than $2 and have fairly good performance (better than any headset mic I've used).

Plenty of better headphones out there for the price, but its better to offer a brand name that way they can find more information on the product, and buy with confidence. 

• 1 year later...

I have the Astro A50 Headset and they are awesome. It has dolby surround and is important for positional audio in a game like BF4.

I tried Audio Technicas ATH-AG1 Premium Gaming Closed headset and they are not fit for FPS games where you need Dolby surround. It sounded weird and the bullets and most things sounded bad. You could never pin down a location precisely without dolby or 7.1 virtual surround. I retuned the AT's.

One mistake people make with the Astro A50 they use the Astro Headset option in the audio settings (very easy mistake to make) you must choose Digital Output (Optical) as only the optical cable can carry surround sound, otherwise you're just using the usb cable which isn't true dolby surround.

Proper dolby will help you locate a choppers position above your head something without it just gets confused or is inaccurate.

Gaming Rig:  i7 4770K  -  ASUS Maximus VI Formula  -  2x MSI R9 290X Gaming OC CXF  -  BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144hz Freesync  -  Corsair H80i  -  HyperX 16GB Ram  -  256 + 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD's  -  Seasonic 1000w 80 Plus Platnum...

What would you guys consider the best battlefield 4 headset?

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436241251&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd+598

They are on sale right now buy them!  Combine that with a mod mic or whatever your want for a mic and your good to go.

I have the Astro A50 Headset and they are awesome. It has dolby surround and is important for positional audio in a game like BF4.

I tried Audio Technicas ATH-AG1 Premium Gaming Closed headset and they are not fit for FPS games where you need Dolby surround. It sounded weird and the bullets and most things sounded bad. You could never pin down a location precisely without dolby or 7.1 virtual surround. I retuned the AT's.

One mistake people make with the Astro A50 they use the Astro Headset option in the audio settings (very easy mistake to make) you must choose Digital Output (Optical) as only the optical cable can carry surround sound, otherwise you're just using the usb cable which isn't true dolby surround.

Proper dolby will help you locate a choppers position above your head something without it just gets confused or is inaccurate.

I can say for sure that the 5.1 dolby digital is not necessary or important at all.  I use a pair of Beryerdynamic MMX300s and I have no problem tracking peoples movements through wall (in BF4) by sound, and they are just standard 2.0 stereo headphones with a mic (decently high quality though).

Edit: nevermind i just noticed they guy above me necroed the shit out of this post

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436241251&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd+598

They are on sale right now buy them!  Combine that with a mod mic or whatever your want for a mic and your good to go.

I can say for sure that the 5.1 dolby digital is not necessary or important at all.  I use a pair of Beryerdynamic MMX300s and I have no problem tracking peoples movements through wall (in BF4) by sound, and they are just standard 2.0 stereo headphones with a mic (decently high quality though).

Edit: nevermind i just noticed they guy above me necroed the shit out of this post

It's a trap!

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?