Reasons to buy Intel

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

yes i know he's been criticized a lot for heavily favoring AMD in his benchmarks, but even then intel is a clear winner when it comes to gaming.

Intel is a clear winner, but I still don't trust him.....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

yes i know he's been criticized a lot for heavily favoring AMD in his benchmarks, but even then intel is a clear winner when it comes to gaming.

Coincidence that Ryzen was the first free samples that Joker got from AMD and all of his benchmark results contradicted everything else that was published at the same time?

I don't think so.  I'm not hating on the guy because if someone send me some shit for free, I'd speak highly of them as well.  I wouldn't make shit up, but I might highlight only the strength or do my testing in a way to favor the parts.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Intel is a clear winner, but I still don't trust him.....

he is trust worthy he has all them CPU's both intel and AMD he makes a lot of ryzen builds but he was one of the few to properly do CPU benchmarking in games at 720p early on and even though he allegedly gimped is intel platform to make it looks ''not all that much better'' than ryzen in gaming the 7700K in his 720p video that got criticized to not be legit and favoring AMD still destroyed the ryzen chip in all the games by anywhere from 15 to 50%.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, done12many2 said:

Coincidence that Ryzen was the first free samples that Joker got from AMD and all of his benchmark results contradicted everything else that was published at the same time?

I don't think so.  I'm not hating on the guy because if someone send me some shit for free, I'd speak highly of them as well.  I wouldn't make shit up, but I might highlight only the strength or do my testing in a way to favor the parts.

yes...he did that...my point is: EVEN THEN intel was still kicking ryzen's butt all over the place in games...in his AMD ass licker videos...so IMHO that says a lot.

the video i linked was done a couple days ago and clearly once again AMD is getting wrecked...so is there a good reason to buy an intel CPU? well yeah...if your an hardcore gamer and gaming is mostly all you do...then yes for sure..intel is king.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

he is trust worthy he has all them CPU's both intel and AMD he makes a lot of ryzen builds but he was one of the few to properly do CPU benchmarking in games at 720p early on and even though he allegedly gimped is intel platform to make it looks ''not all that much better'' than ryzen in gaming the 7700K in his 720p video that got criticized to not be legit and favoring AMD still destroyed the ryzen chip in all the games by anywhere from 15 to 50%.

And which company sent him free CPUs? AMD, yeah, I don't really trust the guy. Even in his 720p video, Ryzen was performing way too close to the 7700K and I also don't like the fact that he compared the benchmark clips side by side. It makes it very hard to compare the 2 CPUs....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

And which company sent him free CPUs? AMD, yeah, I don't really trust the guy. Even in his 720p video, Ryzen was performing way too close to the 7700K and I also don't like the fact that he compared the benchmark clips side by side. It makes it very hard to compare the 2 CPUs....

fair enough, so take joker videos and add 15% to intel's performance...what does it change?! intel is still stomping the ryzen POS into the ground in all games...

10 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

he is trust worthy

Is this satire? Oxymoron?

Idk what's your relation or agenda with that guy, but going far to say trust worthy?

The only reason why all these fiasco with him is all about trust worthy, people trust him and he rig the test...

No one said " People trust me because I lied "

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

He does to.  He takes pictures of the screen with his phone and sends them.

Correction. Someone else takes the picture and posts for him.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

57 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

Is this satire? Oxymoron?

Idk what's your relation or agenda with that guy, but going far to say trust worthy?

The only reason why all these fiasco with him is all about trust worthy, people trust him and he rig the test...

No one said " People trust me because I lied "

He's definitely not trustworthy. Whenever I search for tech videos I always skip over his like the plague. The sad thing is, a lot of people don't recognize what he's done or too much of a fanboy to see.

Like @done12many2 said, if, for instance, NVidia was giving me free shit, I'd speak highly of their products, and recommend them highly against AMD, but I wouldn't purposefully make shit up or rig the benchmarks in a way that is deceitful to people who don't know better... like joker does. I can't stand people like that.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

i have an fx9590 :D £70 well spent. ghz for dayz and slow af, but its still one of the coolest cpu's ever made. what other cpu can claim to be so power that it isnt even supported by most of the motherboards of the same socket xD 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 minute ago, Jumper118 said:

i have an fx9590 :D £70 well spent. ghz for dayz and slow af, but its still one of the coolest cpu's ever made. what other cpu can claim to be so power that it isnt even supported by most of the motherboards of the same socket xD 

I was going to say that it is one of the hottest CPUs out there, but I just remembered that you're cooling it with LN2 xD

I was going to say that it is one of the hottest CPUs out there, but I just remembered that you're cooling it with LN2 xD

yeah well all am3 cpu's do full pot and are soldered so they are pretty chilla. they arent even as ln2 munchy as a 5960x, probably about the same ln2 usage as a core 2 quad :P 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

18 hours ago, Brian McKee said:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ryzen-game-perf-increases-with-new-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-patch.html

15% isn't underwhelming. And I'm sure there's more performance to be had especially in games that are built from the ground up for many cores.

They aren't the same though, especially under nvidia GPUs. Not that you'd expect them to right now.

But the real question is intel worth considering over Ryzen for a few frames? I'd probably say no.

Not sure what the Nvidia GPU has to do with anything. The Nvidia driver can completely utilise a 6 core Intel CPU, it's not a threading issue there.

6 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

yeah well all am3 cpu's do full pot and are soldered so they are pretty chilla. they arent even as ln2 munchy as a 5960x, probably about the same ln2 usage as a core 2 quad :P 

LN2 usage is probably based on how much work it actually does.  xD

Intel + Linux = no bigger problems

AMD + Linux = Grrrr !!!

AMD or Intel + Windows Maybe seconds before the end of the world.

Just now, GreenZombie said:

Qualcomm FTW! /s

On 8.6.2017 at 9:05 PM, GreenZombie said:

Intel + Linux = no bigger problems

AMD + Linux = Grrrr !!!

The rest of the Thread has become so much Intel-Fanboy Bullshit, that i'm going to ignore the majority of it, but i can't let this stand. That is so much Bullcrap, that at first i thought this is sarcasm. But i fear, it is not.

I have had SO MANY FRIGGIN problems with Intel and Linux, i can't even begin to write up all the hacks i had to do in nearly 10 years of Desktop-Linux and Intel GPUs. Yes, AMD Cards do have their quirks, but most of the time they are minor and at least they work, so you can do stuff with it. Yes, the Performance of FGLRX was apaling. Yes, it was sometimes a bit tedious to get it working with the newest Kernel release. But at least it worked and wasn't completely broken. Intel has F***** up so much in that regard, that at least for me, this was one of the main reasons to go all AMD.

But just some highlights of Intel GPUs with Linux:

- Random Xorg Crashes (STILL not solved! This bug exists since 2015 for Christ sake!)

- Random Xorg Freezes/lockups (Since mid 2016 and only on Sandy Bridge or newer - still, annoying)

- DRI2 incompatibilitys since 2011.

- Refresh rate of some DP-Connected F-HD Displays defaults to 30 Hz and can only be switched with heavy xorg.conf tinkering

I'm not even going to mention the problems i had with video acceleration.

Problems i had with AMD?

- Downgrading Xorg

- Back in the day with Compiz, Video Acceleration would crash everything when Compiz was running

- A bit lower performance.

Inconvenient. But nothing major. Performance not being on par with Windows is the same on NV, AMD and Intel. But personally, i don't care. Hitman 2016 runs with 60 FPS on my RX 480. Since i absolutely don't care for pointless *****-measuring contests, i'd rather have a system i can at least use and doesn't lock up every 20-30 Minutes. (And if you are running Openbox, LXDE or something else - a freaking calculator could run that)

And i'm not even going to begin with the appalling unfair commercial practices Intel committed over the years.

Am i an AMD Fanboy? Maybe. But it could also be VIA, Cyrix or IBM. I actually don't care, as long as it's everything but Intel. Unfortunately i still have to sell Intel Craptastic stuff in my day job. But this will change with Ryzen Pro. And you know what? The average customer doesn't care for peak performance. The average consumer, where the money is made, cares for future proof hardware, that can be upgraded. AM4 is going to be around at least till 2020.

There is not one single reason, why the average consumer should buy Intel. And even the advanced user doesn't have a single reason to buy Intel.

I have two Virtual Machines running on my Arch Linux Ryzen R5 1600. One is doing some...eh..."Musical Stuff" (if you know, what i mean), the other one is running Lightroom. Both have 2 Cores/4 Threads assigned each. And i can still use Linux to surf the web without any problems. The i3 is dead, the i5 will die and the i7 will be the Dodge Viper (Phase SR and ZB...the VX is basically a Ferrari)  nobody except some enthusiast want's to buy. Absolutely, blazingly fast in a straight line. Everywhere else, there are better alternatives, which are still very fast in a straight line - but can go round corners properly.

And since i am working in retail for a few years now - the enthusiast platform may be running pretty decent. But H110, B150, B250 are so crappy, i get at least one system per week, that isn't running properly. Not to mention, that TPM, vPro and other "Pro" stuff is missing on every chip, except the Q-Series, where even the A320 from AMD has a TPM.

Good news everyone...!