Is this PC a good PC?

Javs

Man, you guys are really frightened by a non tier PSU more than a girl on a chair off a mouse.

OP I'm so confident on your PSU that I'll make a bet on it. Of course if the girl that replied to your topic takes the bet.

I bet the worth of your system that your current PSU will hold at least 5 years from now on. If not, if you get a PSU failure I will pay for the components that the PSU took with it when failed. If not, after 5 years the girls should buy a beer each, one for me and one for you from each of the girls that replied to the post and said you should replace your PSU.

Done? Do you girls agree?

Edited by r3loAded

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

7 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Man, you guys are really frightened by a non tier PSU more than a girl on a chair off a mouse.

OP I'm so confident on your PSU that I'll make a bet on it. Of course if the girl that replied to your topic takes the bet.

I bet the worth of your system that your current PSU will hold at least 5 years from now on. If not, if you get a PSU failure I will pay for the components that the PSU took with it when failed. If not, after 5 years the girls should buy a beer each, one for me and one for you from each of the girls that replied to the post and said you should replace your PSU.

To be fair, I'm blaming maybe the wall power, not the PSU.  It could be a lot worse hah.

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Hi everyone, I'm kinda noob at this mounting PC stuff, so I've ended up with this setup, which from time to time fucks some games up a little bit. It contains:

Intel i7 4790

Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming OC Edition

Gigabyte B85M-D3H

16 gb DDR3 RAM

PSU: Nox Urano VX (650W)

And a HDD ripped off from my old computer, I thinks it's a 2 tb one from WD, but I'm not sure.

So, am I lacking something? Are there any components fucking up others? Why does this machine do some weird stuff from time to time? (Like not loading a match of Overwatch, or a guy from GW2 or lagging a lot when using the Nvida Share thing).

Any help is trully appreciated,

Thank you for reading

I would suggest doing the following: 

-replace PSU with something of higher quality

-install an SSD and reinstall windows on that as your primary boot drive

-Upgrade GPU, but only if you are not satisfied with it's performance (after doing the above)

And in that order. 

1 hour ago, r3loAded said:

As long you don't use as much wattage as close to it's rated limit you should be fine. Of course a brand source is more efficient and reliable. but by looking at your specs you should be fine with this one. I don't think you'll use more than 50% of it's power in full load and that's easily handled by the PSU.

Of course I cannot guarantee for it and tell you that it's the best PSU ever. it's just a decent one that would work just fine for you.

It's not about the wattage, it's about the quality and design. Voltage regulation and ripple need to be tightly controlled. It doesn't matter if you have a 400w or a 1000w PSU, if the unit can't provide clean enough power, it can still kill your system. 

22 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

You're brave. If it were my system, purchased with my own hard-earned money, I would not chance it. Nor would I recommend to someone else to potentially risk their own system. I could never, in good conscience, do that. Could it last 5 year? Yeah, it might. Personally, I wouldn't take that gamble. I've had higher quality PSUs than this one kill 2 GPUs on me in less than a year.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

56 minutes ago, roundtopsam said:

Powered okay step 1 is usually not plugging your PSU directly into the wall.  Definitely want to make sure you're doing some kind of power conditioning (even just with a solid surge protector) especially with a less than note-able power supply in your rig.  I have some doubts, but it stands to reason that higher power draws are maybe not being liked by a potentially dirty source.  Beyond that, I'm not an electrician, but modern, grounded sources are always going to be your safest bet.  Old construction can sometimes have very questionable electrical wiring.  My current apartment included in the States, which still includes a proprietary power connector for a radio from the early 20th century that looks like an Australian plug.

Only other thing I can think is that the rig itself needs some more air or cooling.  Have you done much in the way of case fans, etc.?  Sorry if you answered this above.

Although I kept the default fan for the processor, the case itself included two fans (one in front of each other, one at the back one below the power button). I coudln't afford liquid stuff, so the rest of the components have their normal fans (the graphics card has two, and the psu has one)

54 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Hahahahaha

Idk what's wrong with my PSU, but my wall plug is fully functional (the guys who installed optic fiber checked it out), the PSU itself is not doing weird things and it had good reviews on Amazon. So yeah, I'd agree

36 minutes ago, Javs said:

Although I kept the default fan for the processor, the case itself included two fans (one in front of each other, one at the back one below the power button). I coudln't afford liquid stuff, so the rest of the components have their normal fans (the graphics card has two, and the psu has one)

Shouldn't be a huge problem, just curious.  I'd at least consider making sure you're delivering clean-ish power to rule that out, but I bet if you dial back settings in some programs you'll be in good shape.

I can't honestly say I've ever had grounding/power cleanliness issues that were obvious on PCs, but the practice with high wattage sound equipment setups (PA systems, etc) has made all the difference in that the problem is literally dirty power noise over our speakers.

Why did you pair a 4790 with a GTX 1050 TI? a 4790 is still a good CPU,and a GTX 1060/1070 or maybe even 1080/1080 TI won't bottleneck it.That PSU is fine untill you hit the wattage limit,then it's probably done for,definately replace that old 7200 RPM drive,since Windows 10 is hell to use on a HDD (unless it is a fast HDD).Don't download driver programs unless they are by the manufacturer (example:Don't use DriverScape,use the Intel Utility (for Chipset,etc)ok) And best is,just hover around the Web to find latest drivers,since I used to use driverscape on my old thinkpad r61,it installed the video driver,absolutely messed it up,so do it yourself rather than using 3rd-Party driver utilites 

13 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

No need to change video card

That CPU is not budget,The GPU is,and that GPU will definately limit the full potential of a 4790

13 hours ago, Javs said:

Knowing my graphics card had that really low power consumption, I searched a "enough" big PSU in case something like that could happen. I don't know, it works well, it saved my computer from an electric storm, its silent and doesn't do any weird stuff

Why a 1050 TI then? a 1060 is less enough power consumption,probably even 1070/1080 would work in that PSU since it has enough wattage,but I definately wouldn't recommend going for a 1080/1080 TI unless you change the PSU to a reputable one,since the wattage on the current one would be maxed out,and probably PSU fail could occur and literaly could BLOW Up and kill the other parts as well,how much did you pay for the PSU,if cheap... just get a Corsair Or EVGA PSU with more than enough wattage than your needs (so you don't have to buy another PSU with more wattage when you upgrade)

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

5 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Why did you pair a 4790 with a GTX 1050 TI?

Maybe because You didn't buy it for him?

Just now, Blebekblebek said:

Maybe because You didn't buy it for him?

200$+ CPU,$100 GPU,Brilliant,I'm not gonna pay for it since you can clearly see my specs in the signature

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

200$+ CPU,$100 GPU,Brilliant,I'm not gonna pay for it since you can clearly see my specs in the signature

if you want to give suggestion that's great, but your whole post indicating the OP are making bad decision because his purchase decision.

Same thing goes for you?
Why you  bought 8400GS? at that time there are lot's of other option better than that, HD 3650, HD4550, HD4650 Why 8400?

The answer is probably simple.

Because money I assume.

if you want to give suggestion that's great, but your whole post indicating the OP are making bad decision because his purchase decision.

Same thing goes for you?
Why you  bought 8400GS? at that time there are lot's of other option better than that, HD 3650, HD4550, HD4650 Why 8400?

The answer is probably simple.

Because money I assume.

It's not a 8400 GS,just the 8400,and I didn't buy it,my father did when the 8300 GS died in later part of 2012/2011,and we just needed a simple replacement (the original board to my system was working back then,now its just a crappy generic board in there) and I'm already planning to upgrade the GPU and CPU (to like a HD 6xxx or 7xxx,Core 2 Quad) and I still have the 8300 GS with me.

It's not a 8400 GS,just the 8400,and I didn't buy it,my father did when the 8300 GS died in later part of 2012/2011,and we just needed a simple replacement (the original board to my system was working back then,now its just a crappy generic board in there) and I'm already planning to upgrade the GPU and CPU (to like a HD 6xxx or 7xxx,Core 2 Quad) and I still have the 8300 GS with me.

this is not the point

The point your post is what's holding you back to get better one?

this is not the point

The point your post is what's holding you back to get better one?

That is money and time,but when my dad got the 8400,there was no problem of money,it's just that at the time we didn't need so much GPU power and just simply a simple solution

Just now, Gaurav S Rao said:

That is money and time,but when my dad got the 8400,there was no problem of money,it's just that at the time we didn't need so much GPU power and just simply a simple solution

a CPU has a longer lifespan than a GPU. 

Well it isn't a problem of money,just my dad doesn't want to buy me a better one,and I'm happy with the 8400,let me live with it for as long as i can

Then you already answer it your self.

27 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Why did you pair a 4790 with a GTX 1050 TI?

That is money and time

18 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

That CPU is not budget,The GPU is,and that GPU will definately limit the full potential of a 4790

OP can worry about limiting 4790 potential after he replaces the weakest component first. Majority of the time bottlenecks isn't a major problem.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

OP can worry about limiting 4790 potential after he replaces the weakest component first. Majority of the time bottlenecks isn't a major problem.

I know it is the SSD and PSU,but JUST WHY CHEAP OUT ON THE GPU FOR A GOOD CPU,FFS

I know it is the SSD and PSU,but JUST WHY CHEAP OUT ON THE GPU FOR A GOOD CPU,FFS

not enough money i am assuming, a 1050ti is not bad. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not enough money i am assuming, a 1050ti is not bad. 

THEN WHY GET A 4790 INSTEAD OF A G4560 OR i3 

THEN WHY GET A 4790 INSTEAD OF A G4560 OR i3 

because a CPU has a longer lifespan 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

because a CPU has a longer lifespan 

Yea get a budget GPU and a High end CPU,great,perfect choice,why not just get a Qx6700 then,sure it is old and is not as good as his i7,but will easily kill in budget titles with a 1050 TI

5 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

Same reason why your dad bought it for you instead of yourself

I didn't know about computers at the time,he just bought a simple fix for the computer (not just my computer,means it's mine now,it was the family computer)