Linus would you consider?

Dear Linus and Team Techtips.

First and always thank you all so much for all your creativity, Hard work, and Passion.

So, I am a long time fan, first time post.  I have been recently watching Scrapyard Wars which has quickly

become my new love.  Great job everyone by the way.  And thought to myself if I could ask Linus what would it be.

Well it would be, Linus I love scrapyard wars, but dont you think most of us probablly buy online or at least like to,

would you consider doing a season or episode that is strickly based on buying on Amazon, or Online, or of that nature.  

Thank you very much for reading this and I wish you all the best.

Your Friend in Arizona, USA 

Garrett,    -Svornair.

It would be boring af watching some guy browsing Amazon site for 45 minutes . Srsly.

and driving around with a face-up view in a car is better.  It would be more about the assembly I guess.  but good point.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

It would be boring af watching some guy browsing Amazon site for 45 minutes . Srsly.

I agree

4 minutes ago, Svornair said:

Dear Linus and Team Techtips.

First and always thank you all so much for all your creativity, Hard work, and Passion.

So, I am a long time fan, first time post.  I have been recently watching Scrapyard Wars which has quickly

become my new love.  Great job everyone by the way.  And thought to myself if I could ask Linus what would it be.

Well it would be, Linus I love scrapyard wars, but dont you think most of us probablly buy online or at least like to,

would you consider doing a season or episode that is strickly based on buying on Amazon, or Online, or of that nature.  

Thank you very much for reading this and I wish you all the best.

Your Friend in Arizona, USA 

Garrett,    -Svornair.

But still a good idea for like "Scrapyard Wars Season 6"

Just now, NLD1st said:

Don't think they will but this should help getting it noticed by them @LinusTech @Slick

Neither of the two have notifications enable so that is pointless.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Scrapward wars work because they are limited in where they can get stuff, what is currently for sale and how reasonable the pricing are.

There wouldn't be any real suspense or "drama" if all they'd do is browse the web, click "buy" on a limitless supply of stuff and wait for the item in the mail.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Would be pretty boring, seeing them looking for parts online and ordering them. Not as good as them having to work to find deals and travel. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

7 hours ago, rn8686 said:

Would be pretty boring, seeing them looking for parts online and ordering them. Not as good as them having to work to find deals and travel. 

Yea they won't take a $6000 trip to Palo Alto to pick up a graphics card when they have free 2day shipping with Amazon prime.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

That doesn't sound very good.  Scrapyard wars is based around tracking down good deals on used stuff, and salvaging parts from broken stuff.  With online there is usually no negotiating prices (no matter how many lies you tell), and the deals just aren't as good with used stuff.  Online stores also usually have more than one of everything, so one person can't steal the deal from another.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Scrapyard wars is for fun not for education how to build/buy a pc.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

12 hours ago, Svornair said:

Hard work

Linus admitted many times that he does not work hard, that he just wings it, that there is no planning involved / or very little planning.

Searching from Craigslist and other sites for used stuff = Scrapyard Wars.

Searching from Amazon / Newegg / NCIX = All other build videos.

They could do cheapest possible build from new parts, but they've already done two of those. Kinda. One was on Austins channel and other hits YT sometime in future.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

They should really hit up a recycler and with no laptops available for research or planning, just plain knowledge build something up in a couple hours. Then do benchmarks and looks dont matter.