Budgetish gaming build looking for opinions

I'm planning on building the part list listed here whenever prices are extra low or just Black Friday. The only problem is the fact that I have no monitor so I'm wondering what type of monitor would work well. Preferable lower than 150$. Also just looking for general opinions about the list.

normal link for the list listed here also 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PolishedKarma13/saved/gpjMpg

13 minutes ago, PolishedKarma13 said:

I'm planning on building the part list listed here whenever prices are extra low or just Black Friday. The only problem is the fact that I have no monitor so I'm wondering what type of monitor would work well. Preferable lower than 150$. Also just looking for general opinions about the list.

normal link for the list listed here also 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PolishedKarma13/saved/gpjMpg

You should really get a Seagate Barracuda 1TB. 2 dollars cheaper and it's Seagate. 

Edit: Change The PSU to A CXM550W. NOW DO IT

Just now, FirstOfHisName said:

You should really get a Seagate Barracuda 1TB. 2 dollars cheaper and it's Seagate.

Seagate's drives are reliable like Western Digital's

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

2 minutes ago, FirstOfHisName said:

1 minute ago, domandric034 said:

Seagate's drives are reliable like Western Digital's

They're also loud as fuck.

You both seem to have some unneeded brand loyalty here.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

6600K is a garbage choice when compared to a 1600.  Same price and the 1600  will be much better, much longer.  

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

6 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

They're also loud as fuck.

You both seem to have some unneeded brand loyalty here.

Well then get a WD Green. it's a 5400rpm drive but is quiet. Honestly my 2TB Seagate Barracuda isn't loud at all. And I also have a WD Blue next to it

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article29-page2.html

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

6600K is a garbage choice when compared to a 1600.  Same price and the 1600  will be much better, much longer.  

prices might be different so thats why hes going for the 6600k

Just now, FirstOfHisName said:

prices might be different so thats why hes going for the 6600k

6600k.  Is.  A.  Stupid.  Pointless.  CPU.  That.  Won't.  Be.  Usable.  In.  A.  Year's.  Time.

Think about it.  6 threads will soon be the absolute minimum to even launch games and the price is basically the same all the time, plus the z170 mobo costs more than a B350 mobo and a 6600K requires an additional $40 on heatsink.

37 minutes ago, Damascus said:

6600k.  Is.  A.  Stupid.  Pointless.  CPU.  That.  Won't.  Be.  Usable.  In.  A.  Year's.  Time.

Think about it.  6 threads will soon be the absolute minimum to even launch games and the price is basically the same all the time, plus the z170 mobo costs more than a B350 mobo and a 6600K requires an additional $40 on heatsink.

He's getting them for cheap. Black Friday.

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

The 6600K is not garbage. Currently, it's an excellent CPU for gaming that after an overclock can reliably achieve 60 FPS on maximum settings even with a high-end graphics card.

With Ryzen 5 out, if you're just gaming, then yes, you're almost always better off buying AMD if you want a mid-ranged CPU rather than an Intel Core i5, and this comes down to the fact that you're getting a better value. The Ryzen 5 1400 is cheaper than even the i5-7400 while still being unlocked, and B350 boards are pretty cheap, as well. If you don't want to overclock, A320 boards rival the prices of H110 boards.

58 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I imagine in exactly one year from now, people who are using the then 7-year-old i7-2600Ks and i5-2500Ks will still be using these processors exactly the same as they are now without a care in the world

Joking aside, if you look at Steam's hardware survey, over 50% are using quad core CPUs, and 44% are using dual core CPUs. Saying this will all change so drastically in a year, that the 6600K will no longer be usable, is a bit far-fetched.

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Well then get a WD Green. it's a 5400rpm drive but is quiet. Honestly my 2TB Seagate Barracuda isn't loud at all. And I also have a WD Blue next to it

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article29-page2.html

I find it oddly suspicious I've owned 4 1TB Barracudas and all have been loud as fuck. Maybe the 2TB ones are different but the 1TB ones are fucking loud.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

I imagine in exactly one year from now, people who are using the then 7-year-old i7-2600Ks and i5-2500Ks will still be using these processors exactly the same as they are now without a care in the world

Check the trends.  Last few years have drastically increased the need for cores,  Modern games will often not even boot with at least 4 threads.  Any mainstream big budget game needs cores.  Add to that a bunch of developers vowing to start using high core count in games and you have a delicious stew of market trends leading down the path of high core counts being a necessity. 

Add to that intel is rolling out either 6c/6t or 4c/8t i5's in the next gen and you have every current gen CPU that is gaming associated with minimum 6 threads.  Intel will not hesitate to throw gamers with 4c chips under the bus as it will necessitate getting new chips.  Combine all that and with the 1600 being both better in games (lows and maxes too sometimes) and the choice is obvious IMO

One final point, I said 6 threads, not cores.  old i7 folks will actually benefit from these trends

2 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

over 50% are using quad core CPUs

Ahh but how many of those are hyperthreaded?  Current games and even a lot of upcoming games will run fine but sooner than later that is going to be a whole nother story

3 hours ago, FirstOfHisName said:

He's getting them for cheap. Black Friday.

Yeah, black friday doesn't affect AMD right?  Right guys?

Ahh but how many of those are hyperthreaded?  Current games and even a lot of upcoming games will run fine but sooner than later that is going to be a whole nother story

You're also forgetting I said dual cores make up almost half as well. Quad cores have been mainstream for at least a decade, yet most AAA games released in the past couple of years will launch and play just fine on an i3. Also I highly doubt that most people on a quad core buy i7s.

My point was that the 6600K is not going to be useless in one year just because six core CPUs are suddenly more affordable. Maybe it won't be so viable within a few years down the line, but saying it'd be within one year is way too much of a stretch. I'll believe it when I see it, but right now I just don't see it.

One final point, I said 6 threads, not cores.  old i7 folks will actually benefit from these trends

You lost me here. Could you remind me about which i7 had 6 threads but not 6 cores (3 cores I'm guessing?) because I'm pretty sure every single i7 ever released has had an even number of cores, and that every single core has two threads.

Just now, Kavawuvi said:

You lost me here. Could you remind me about which i7 had 6 threads but not 6 cores (3 cores I'm guessing?) because I'm pretty sure every single i7 ever released has had an even number of cores, and that every single core has two threads.

Srry, not talking about that.  I was saying that someone with a 2600k will actually gain from core optimization

10 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

The 6600K is not garbage. Currently, it's an excellent CPU for gaming that after an overclock can reliably achieve 60 FPS on maximum settings even with a high-end graphics card.

With Ryzen 5 out, if you're just gaming, then yes, you're almost always better off buying AMD if you want a mid-ranged CPU rather than an Intel Core i5, and this comes down to the fact that you're getting a better value. The Ryzen 5 1400 is cheaper than even the i5-7400 while still being unlocked, and B350 boards are pretty cheap, as well. If you don't want to overclock, A320 boards rival the prices of H110 boards.

Joking aside, if you look at Steam's hardware survey, over 50% are using quad core CPUs, and 44% are using dual core CPUs. Saying this will all change so drastically in a year, that the 6600K will no longer be usable, is a bit far-fetched.

The reason for the 6600k is the fact that my local microcenter has them for 199.99 and an extra 30$ if a compatible motherboard is purchased with it. Paired with the motherboard which is typically 120 is only 34$ because I'm buying it open box with a rebate. So it comes out to about 30-50 dollars cheaper 

10 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

The reason for the 6600k is the fact that my local microcenter has them for 199.99 and an extra 30$ if a compatible motherboard is purchased with it. Paired with the motherboard which is typically 120 is only 34$ because I'm buying it open box with a rebate. So it comes out to about 30-50 dollars cheaper 

17 hours ago, PolishedKarma13 said:

Micro Center has been selling Intel CPUs for pretty big discounts for a while. It's not a bad idea to take advantage of these sales.