CPU power cable broke..

Friedmurloc

Soo during careful removal to install a new CPU cooler (which was a real b$%#@) to install, my cpu power cable broke, luckily my PSU is modular, so i can just replace it with a new 12V cable that goes into the PSU and the CPU power pins, BUT, i can't find any of these anywhere in the netherlands, all i get are extension cables, or 4-pin cpu power cables without the 12V cable for the PSU.

I am at my wits end, where can i find such cables? or will i have to save up for an entire new PSU?

You can't swim against the waves, but you can learn to surf them.

5 minutes ago, Friedmurloc said:

Soo during careful removal to install a new CPU cooler (which was a real b$%#@) to install, my cpu power cable broke, luckily my PSU is modular, so i can just replace it with a new 12V cable that goes into the PSU and the CPU power pins, BUT, i can't find any of these anywhere in the netherlands, all i get are extension cables, or 4-pin cpu power cables without the 12V cable for the PSU.

I am at my wits end, where can i find such cables? or will i have to save up for an entire new PSU?

You need a specific cable that is for your model of PSU, there are sleeved replacements you can get. What happened to the original cable exactly you can try contacting the manufacture to see if they can get you a replacement. 

Well, it turns out i'll just have to invest in a new one.

My current PSU is a MS-Tech, 750 watts, it has served me well but i cannot find any cables for it.

1 minute ago, Friedmurloc said:

Well, it turns out i'll just have to invest in a new one.
My current PSU is a MS-Tech, 750 watts, it has served me well but i cannot find any cables for it.

I would say it's a good idea as that's not a unit I've ever heard of. 

It's a german brand, over 82% effeciency, it did it's job just fine but it just irritates me that i cannot find a replacement cable.

Another €65 down the drain..

4 hours ago, Friedmurloc said:

It's a german brand, over 82% effeciency, it did it's job just fine but it just irritates me that i cannot find a replacement cable.

Another €65 down the drain..

Well marque and efficiency don't correlate to quality. I'm pretty well-read in power supplies and haven't heard of that brand.

Best replace it with an EVGA GS/GQ/G3/G2/B2, Corsair CXM - just something trustworthy.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||