Air vs Water

TubsAlwaysWins

Air vs Water  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Air vs Water

• BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3
    • Corsair H110i

Alright my Triton finally leaked. My 1060 has a little corrosion on the power connector. Still works (thank God). So what should I go for next? Air or water? Im between a 240mm Corsair cooler, a 360mm watercooler, or the Bequiet Dark Rock pro 3.

I run a i5-6600K @ 4.7Ghz. 80C under load on the triton. I think 1.38 or 1.4V. Going for silence, looks, and a shit load of overclocking

If you have a different cooler you recommend im happy to hear it. Want it to be black tho. Or at least fit in with a black and blue build.

Breaking things 1 day at a time

AIO doesn't give you significant better temp, get a decent air cooler

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Just now, ZM Fong said:

AIO doesn't give you significant better temp, get a decent air cooler

Any recommendations? Thinking the Dark rock pro 3 but idk

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Dark Rock Pro 3 is a good choice.  I'd probably go for the Noctua NH-D15, that thing is an absolute beast and is heaps easier to mount than the BeQuiet, but only if the Noctua poop brown doesn't ruin your colour scheme.

9 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Dark rock pro 3

my favorite air cooler is the dark rock pro 3, my wife has been using it on her 1800x, no problem so far.

9 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

The dark rock pro would be a good choice.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

10 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

I would go with the dark rock pro 3 since it looks awesome and reduces the temps very well.

Also you could think of a Noctua cooler.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

17 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Snip

I'ma go against the advice in this thread and recommend a liquid cooling AIO- the larger the better. If you can fit a 360 in your case, may as well do a 360. I say this because you're interested in the highest possible overclocks, which means you're going to want the lowest possible temperatures which means you need the most cooling available. Anyone can make any argument they want for air coolers, but AIO's above 240 (and even a lot of 240's) will objectively provide more cooling than air coolers will.

But if you've your heart set on an air cooler, I'd throw my money in with the R1 Ultimate from Cryorig. Best Air cooler on the market as far as the combination of performance/aesthetics go IMO.

yea water cooling only makes sense with large radiators. If radiator does not have more surface area than an aircooler, then it is a pointless expense.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I prefer water cooling over air cooling any day... BUT !!!.... always be aware ot the fact that with air cooling it is like taking the car to get there, if something goes wrong with the machine you can always pull over... with water cooling it is like taking the airplane to get there, if something goes wrong with the tech here... 99.8% of the time you can kiss your hardware goodby !!!

but like I said... I would water cool over air any day!

thx

Joe

+1 Air Cooling. Either bequiet dark rock pro 3 or something from cryorig or noctua.

Not gonna risk spilling water on my system. Not gonna risk having a broken pump in the long run.