Intel 7900x and Gigabyte X299 AORUS Gaming 7 leaked in benchmark

Just now, done12many2 said:

Do you have a z170 or z270 board?

No man not yet. I know everyone tells me at OCN me "you have to get a 7700k right now"  looking for a used apex/hero/code/formula currently.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Unless you're saying that the 5820K is an octocore going for ~1000 USD, and the 5960X goes for ~360USD with only 6 cores, I'd read my statement again, carefully.

The problem with my source is that, for the 5930K, the values are mislabeled, which I said occured with that particular CPU on HWBot. It should read that the average for air is 4.44GHz and that the average for water if 4.78. However, if one actually takes a moment, and is familiar with the subject at hand, they can figure out a simple error of mislabeling one thing.

My initial post was not a full 'considerations given' statement. It was a very brief responce as to why someone would use an HEDT CPU for gaming. I responded with a specific sku, with a decent overclock, can be a good option, and a different, specific sku isn't a good option in my opinion. I didn't actually specify why (albeit if anyone remembers my more recent ramblings, they'll remember why), because I wanted my responce to just be a short snippet. Someone wants an elaboration on my opinion, and I'll give them one.

When it came down to a difference of less than 100MHz on water, I introduced the third sku that averages better than both, because apparently, it was coming down to clockspeeds as being the big factor.

Yes, but here's the thing. I gave the link to the 5930K to show you the only issue I have with HWBot's stats. A clerical error. And, I pointed out, before giving the link, that I had issue with said error, for what should be obvious reason.

Otherwise, I'd just have given you the link to the 5960X. I know that you know a good deal of the finer points of computing. If you can't navigate the site, there's not much I can do, and I'm not the type to spoon feed everyone everything.

That depends on what you value. When I bought my 5930K, I valued having a system with more power than I needed at the time, but also had 2 extra cores to leverage CPU affinity, as well as maybe start game streaming or get back into animating. I valued having a system that was fun to build, and could easily be adapted into a workstation.

I'd offer to shut off 2 cores and have my 5960x outperform your 5930k in any task or benchmark of your choosing, but something tells me you'll have a long explanation of why not, which will drag on forever as well.  I've had all three chips being discussed at some point, so I'm beyond confident in demonstrating performance.  

Value?  Well you've covered that already with your "My initial post was not a full 'considerations given' statement.  Interestingly enough, my immediate response to that very statement was also without full 'considerations given.  Funny how @PCGuy_5960 asks "Who buys HEDT CPUs and only plays games?" and you manage to praise the 5820k and discredit the 5960x, yet skirt right by the CPU that most people find to be the least value in that series.  That being the 5930k, which you happen to own.  Weird.  

Why don't we just cut through all of the theoretical bullshit and overclock / test some CPUs?  I can paper race all day long, but it's boring.

32 minutes ago, dexT said:

No man not yet. I know everyone tells me at OCN me "you have to get a 7700k right now"  looking for a used apex/hero/code/formula currently.

If you have the means to get a board, I can send you a 7700k to do some cold testing with?  Are you in the states?  Seems like an easy way to rack up some points without spending much money.  Just send it back to me when you're done. 

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

but something tells me you'll have a long explanation of why not, which will drag on forever as well.

My H100i V2 gets heat soaked trying to cool my 5930K, and I'm not planning to put it under a more capable loop for some time. I've still got room to push up clocks, looking at voltage though.

Even then, I don't care that much about it. I genuinely don't give a shit about what one or two indiviual chips can do when I've got a source that has thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of samples either.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

11 hours ago, Drak3 said:

They didn't, but the die shot actually shows 2 separate IMCs, one in each CCX.

But then it doesn't have quad IMCs ... :/

44 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

But then it doesn't have quad IMCs ... :/

Threadripper has 2 dies, 2 CCXs each, for a grand total of 4 CCXs. Each has its own IMC.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Threadripper has 2 dies, 2 CCXs each, for a grand total of 4 CCXs. Each has its own IMC.

Ohhhh...
Now it makes sense :P Thanks

And I was already like: "Am I too stupid for basic math?" :D

11 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Funny how @PCGuy_5960 asks "Who buys HEDT CPUs and only plays games?" and you manage to praise the 5820k and discredit the 5960x, yet skirt right by the CPU that most people find to be the least value in that series.  That being the 5930k, which you happen to own.  Weird.  

The 5930K is the least value X99 CPU :P 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

12 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I ask, "Who the hell buys HEDT for value?"

Exactly, no one buys HEDT CPUs for value.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402