Whats a Better MotherBoard For Gaming?

Whats better? :

The ASUS Z87- PRO (V Edition)

Or...

The ASUS H87 PRO

get the cheapest,

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Doesn't matter

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

So, what makes a motherboard a "gaming" motherboard?

A motherboard with PCI-E 3.0?

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

The cheapest one that has all the features you want

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Which ever one you like the best

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

The one that looks better in your opinion.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Whats better? :

Or...

The ASUS H87 PRO

heyyy that is just wrong. those aren`t the same chipset.

so the question has to be,which of these mobos is better for my cpu ? for gaming doesn`t matter man...

Guys, guys obviously "This" makes a gaming motherboard. Did you read the part about the gaming USB ports. A must have.

.. In all seriousness I have this board and it's great. But as of right now, nothing really makes a motherboard gaming or not. Just buy the board that fits your price range and has the features you want. 

CPU & iGPU Overclocking... 'Z' Series chipset

Just CPU overclocking ...      'H' Series chipset

No Overclocking...                'B' Series chipset

There is no need at all for a Z series board unless you need that little extra stuff. (like SRT etc.)

Remember, you still have epic 'B' Series gaming boards like this:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-b85-g43-gaming-intel-b85-s-1150-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-pcie-30-%28x16%29-d-sub-dvi-d-hdmi-atx

As opposed to the 'Z' series one:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-z87-g43-gaming-intel-z87-s-1150-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-raid-pcie-30-%28x16%29-d-sub-dvi-d-hdmi-atx

And the 'H' Series one:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-h87-g43-gaming-intel-h87-s-1150-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-raid-pcie-30-%28x16%29-dvi-d-hdmi-atx

The 'Z' Series one is more expensive. Pretty much the same board as the other two.

Edited by tomlambert01

Compatible with Windows 95

Whats better? :

Or...

The ASUS H87 PRO

z87 for Overclocking

H87 for not-Overclocking [Non-k processor]

Depends if you want to OC or not ^^

A motherboard with PCI-E 3.0?

PCI-e 3.0 is a marketing gimmick as of now. No GPU even remotely maxes out PCI-e 2.0. For the moment and probably the coming few years it's nothing but marketing ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

PCI-e 3.0 is a marketing gimmick as of now. No GPU even remotely maxes out PCI-e 2.0. For the moment and probably the coming few years it's nothing but marketing ^^

Really?

So PCI-E 2.0 would not bottleneck a 7990?

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

wat ?

With 'Z' series boards, you can overclock the internal GPU; If you can bring yourself to use it.

Compatible with Windows 95

Go for one that delivers a reliable experience, you don't want to purchase

a cheap board that you later find out can't do something you need it to, or worse

has power stability issues. It is especially important if you plan on overclocking.

I've had my fair share of the lower tier of boards before my current rig, the cheaper

bios, less updates and power delivery can really make for a bad experience .

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Really?

No, performance difference is in the 0.1-1% margin.

u got the money get the rog boards other wise get any thing asus never had an issue with my asus boards to this point and ive been using asus since my 486dx days

Honestly, "gaming" motherboards are just regular motherboards with features that someone like you wouldn't even utilize.  I always think "If you don't know what it is or how to use it, don't buy it!"

Most MSI & Gigabyte boards are pretty good. Hell even alot of the Asrock boards are fine, they just aren't as feature rich alot of the time.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

No, performance difference is in the 0.1-1% margin.

So you admit,that it does bottleneck a bit.

Most MSI & Gigabyte boards are pretty good. Hell even alot of the Asrock boards are fine, they just aren't as feature rich alot of the time.

I think the Extreme4 and above are pretty feature rich,with purity audio and stuff like that.

CPU & iGPU Overclocking... 'Z' Series chipset

Just CPU overclocking ...      'H' Series chipset

No Overclocking...                'B' Series chipset

Are you sure the H series can overclock the cpu. I mean actually overclock not just adjust base clock or something like that to get a little boost.

So you admit,that it does bottleneck a bit.

It's within margin of error, could be any other factor aswell.

And for the love of god, why can't people stop Q.Qing about bottlenecks? Sat on one?

Really?

you might get 0.5-2FPS difference from PCIe 2.0 to PCIe 3.0.

It's within margin of error, could be any other factor aswell.

And for the love of god, why can't people stop Q.Qing about bottlenecks? Sat on one?

Until you can find margins of errors that have PCIe 2.0 slightly faster than 3.0 because of the "margin of error",the simple fact will be that it does indeed bottleneck.