How LTT turned me into an addict. Thanks Linus.

mrzoltowski
Just now, stealth80 said:

This has got "I'm going custom loop" written all over it! 

Im scared! I am very accident prone!

Just now, mrzoltowski said:

LOL, aww I hope you know I was just kidding :) ....

I used to hang out around these sorts of heaps as a young kid. My dad designed microprocessors.

Omg, you sound like a really fun person to hang out with. Your dad designed microprocessors?! I'm in heaven. I know you're kidding. I do have too many computers though. .

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Im scared! I am very accident prone!

Nah you'll be fine, go rigid from the off don't mess around with flex

LAT494g.jpg

go on, no balls xDxD

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

"That's a cool giveaway that I will never win" - I said to myself

So I created an account for that when I stumbled across one of the LTT videos

Half a year later, "Wait what giveaway?"

Damn I wish I joined LTT before I bought my prebuilt

But for some reason I still feel very happy with the fact I got it for such a price and that could ease me out a bit but the fact I made over 1000 of pcpp links of build while having a prebuilt isn't something pleasing. ($500 US got me i5 4460, 8gb ram, 1tb hdd. dvd optical drive, gtx 760, mouse, keyboard and suprisingly a delta 500w)

Well I didn't ask for advice in computer while I was on Toms Hardware too. When I join I did want to give some of my help but the new site and its new design wasn't familiar to me yet so I stuck to TH for a while, until I got banned. Permanently. Well the ban expires in 100 years. But who lives long enough for that?

And now ~20.000 post count later I now have a shitty life, a shitty RX 480 that I bought again, without consulting people and a G710+ keyboard with a G402 mouse that is the only thing I am happy about and also on the verge of leaving forum permanently in few months.

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Nah you'll be fine, go rigid from the off don't mess around with flex

LAT494g.jpg

go on, no balls xDxD

Is that yours? Wow ... I bow down to your greatness.

And I always prefer to go rigid ... *innuendo*

Is that yours? Wow ... I bow down to your greatness.

ye, check my signature for build logs, Iced Blood started as flex then changed to rigid. It aint greatness, just time planning the loop and getting colour coding right, I am kinda pissed as since I build this INWIN have a released the 303C which is completely white (see the inside of my case is black) 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

11 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Omg, you sound like a really fun person to hang out with. Your dad designed microprocessors?! I'm in heaven. I know you're kidding. I do have too many computers though. .

He designed microchips that were used in washing machines, and electronics ... he also taught engineering in a technical colegium ...

He also repaired everyone's TV's, HiFi's etc as a hobby, his workshop was full of tech (pretty retro these days) ..

I took apart my first VCR and put it back together when I was 8. I used to steal his components to mod Lego's to life ... motors, batteries, led's etc ...

I grew up around tech, its in my blood.

5 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

ye, check my signature for build logs, Iced Blood started as flex then changed to rigid. It aint greatness, just time planning the loop and getting colour coding right, I am kinda pissed as since I build this INWIN have a released the 303C which is completely white (see the inside of my case is black) 

I am designing and prototpying a Stempunk DrFrankenstein Case Mod, something as a project for the next year or so .... that would look pretty cool with clear pipes and liquid in them ...

34 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Wow, what a cool childhood! I have had computers since I could get one, but nothing like all that you had. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

16 hours ago, mrzoltowski said:

-Snip-

Ah, I remember when I started watching LTT. My brother couldn't stop me from watching it. I just want to build a scrap PC. This IGPU laptop makes me angry...

48 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Hard pipe with white liquid that squirts out to the CPU and GPU, so they can use it to shoot more back?

17 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

My goal is make the most overkill PC possible without using a single RGB to spite Linus :P

please do and post here I'm sick of rgb. Lights should be white to bring out the colours you spent ages putting together to match.  

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

same thing is happening to me. I made the mistake of looking at r/mechanicalkeyboards. Worst decision in my life.

Today I have re applied thermal compound on my AIO for the 4th time, continuously trying new TIM's and pressures ... got it down another 4c!

I have a problem. 

Today I have re applied thermal compound on my AIO for the 4th time, continuously trying new TIM's and pressures ... got it down another 4c!

I have a problem. 

If you've reapplied it four times now, that's not good. I usually forget to apply thermal compound (and wonder why my temps are at 77c). 

37 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

I have a problem. 

Don't do the little pea and put the AIO on it, the better way is to put small amount down, and then use a paper spreader and then get it over the whole cpu 

Just now, Haeking said:

Don't do the little pea and put the AIO on it, the better way is to put small amount down, and then use a paper spreader and then get it over the whole cpu 

Yeah have to be careful though as you can get air-gaps, so far best temps are with a thin line in the middle, plus Arctic MX-4 is performing the best so far, better than Arctic Silver 5 which is a bitch to apply as you have to preheat it ..

4 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Yeah have to be careful though as you can get air-gaps, so far best temps are with a thin line in the middle, plus Arctic MX-4 is performing the best so far, better than Arctic Silver 5 which is a bitch to apply as you have to preheat it ..

I've spread so much, no air gaps, always better temps than the pea technique. And Arctic silver 5 is a big bee when it comes to apply hate that 

1 minute ago, NoTxtWhileDrive said:

That first picture tho.... so majestic. Nice camera work man.

Thanks!