Stolen laptop on University of Essex campus, police dismissed case under 24 hours

Someone jacked my sister's laptop from the university campus when she was in the gym. Security and police were called on site and he stole her keys too. Security knows exactly when the thief left from the gym and where he attempted to open random doors, and was also caught on camera multiple times. 

This is where it gets pretty stupid. 

The security started saying that the footage is too blurry to see who the suspect is, they refuse to show my sister the camera footage and police closed the case under 24 hours the same day. Now both police and security refuses to help her. Also the suspect turned on her laptop few hours ago and connected to the university wifi and apparently the laptop is only 2 minutes away. 

We plan on calling the Slovak embassy since nothing has worked so far. 

Also here is the chat log with the university in the attachment. 

It's a Windows 10 Home machine without find my device service disabled and it was recently patched. What should she do next? 

20170515_115430.jpg

Student services?

Student Union?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

wow in NZ the police would not attend a call out for a stolen laptop. they would just tell you to go to police station to fill a form for the insurance claim

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

private investigator and threaten to bring civil case against college/uni on some protection of property grounds. and who has cameras that don't take good photos just for insurance not protection.

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

If it's 2 minutes away get some friends together and go take your laptop back...

Problem is that it's known that it's nearby but not which room is it 

7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Student services?

Student Union?

I'm not familiar with that so I'll tell her to ask them for help too

3 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

If it's just 2 minutes away just take a bat and beat the shit out of him. That'll teach him to not steal again. Motherfuc-

6 minutes ago, thunderysteak said:

Problem is that it's known that it's nearby but not which room is it 

That's an F in the profile pic

Just now, Froody129 said:

Boi just call ur friends and go into every room that is 2 minutes away. Foking piece of shite stealing things. I'd strangle anyone that steals from me.

8 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Foking piece of shite stealing things. I'd strangle anyone that steals from me

Holy shit dude

10 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Boi just call ur friends and go into every room that is 2 minutes away. Foking piece of shite stealing things. I'd strangle anyone that steals from me.

Chill a little, that how you get arrested (Especially if you grab the wrong person). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

36 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

I cannot recommend this enough, http://preyproject.com/ its an open source free anti-theft software. It does GPS tracking, Wifi Tracking, webcam connection, remote lockdown, remote erase and more. I have it on all my laptops.

Has premium features for like $15

Ya

I run it myself on my devices (Cerberus app is a scam on Android) but she did not install anything like this. 

5 minutes ago, thunderysteak said:

Ya

I run it myself on my devices (Cerberus app is a scam on Android) but she did not install anything like this. 

Why is Cerberus a scam?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Should Bitlocker the laptop and take down the MAC ID ! but this info is of no use to you now lol sorry about your sisters laptop getting nicked!! Hope you find it! Just keep checking gumtree and local 2nd hand shops  

20 minutes ago, LUUD18 said:

Why is Cerberus a scam?

They promise you lifetime license and turn it off after a few months after paying 

Happened to me

1 hour ago, thunderysteak said:

They promise you lifetime license and turn it off after a few months after paying 

Happened to me

The license is yearly. At least it is for me.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6