CPU throttling (severe FPS drops) while playing Modded Minecraft

Specs;
CPU: AMD FX 9590
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Launcher used: MultiMC
RAM Allocated: 4GB

I've been bashing my head against a wall, trying to figure out just what the heck is going on here. Now, I used to have a 4350, and everytime I launched Modded Minecraft, it felt like it was sucking my resources out with a straw (constantly at 100% usage).
As for ingame, I was getting around 50'ish FPS in places of my Minecraft base. But at the center of it (coming from certain angles), my FPS tanked to 5 or so (and didn't go away 'till I moved out of the area).
I was told to get a new CPU. The thing is, what was suggested would not only require me to replace my motherboard/RAM...but my OS. I prefer to stay with Windows 7 for as long as possible (for personal(and security) reasons), so I was suggested the CPU that I currently have installed.

The "sucking my resources out with a straw" thing is virtually gone, but once ingame...I get periodic FPS drops. I've been monitoring the CPU's temperature(with CoreTemp and a trial version of AIDA64 Extreme), and I am definitely seeing throttling (the core speed drops from 4968.82 to 1399.65, which is a major drop for all cores). What is odd about this, is it doesn't always throttle down when at high heat (sometimes around 60-65*C). Now I have a stock CPU cooler that came with the 4350. I had bought a new one at the same time of the CPU, but upon installation, it's way too big and completely covers my RAM (it sits right next to the fan housing).
Now I have a x4 4GB configuration. Even if I went with a x2 8GB configuration, the cooler would still be too big to fit.

Now I tried to move away from my base and fly around the world, but at a certain point when the chunks load, the FPS tanks again (getting throttling). I don't remember this ever happening when I was on my 4350.

Before it's asked, I have played other games with this CPU, but javaw is the only one giving me issues. I have the latest 64 bit version of Java. I don't know if it's just my Minecraft world causing it, or Java being the CPU eater it's known for.
I seriously need expert help with this. I don't know where to turn to.

what motherboard? sounds like vrm throttling

idk

My motherboard's a MSI 970A-G43 (MS-7693).

4 minutes ago, Benie said:

CPU: AMD FX 9590

there's your problem.

in general.. there's your problem...

--

making fun of FX9590 aside.. your issue with minecraft specificly is that it's VERY cpu sided (as we all know) and essentially requires your CPU to run at full tilt constantly, resulting in yay thermals. for both the CPU, and your mobo VRMs because we all know how efficient an FX9590 is :D

3 minutes ago, Benie said:

My motherboard's a MSI 970A-G43 (MS-7693).

so.. you're trying to run an FX9590 off of that? or am i misinterpreting what i'm seeing here? :P

Just now, manikyath said:

there's your problem.

in general.. there's your problem...

--

making fun of FX9590 aside.. your issue with minecraft specificly is that it's VERY cpu sided (as we all know) and essentially requires your CPU to run at full tilt constantly, resulting in yay thermals. for both the CPU, and your mobo VRMs because we all know how efficient an FX9590 is :D

its competitive with my 3770k,. 

im going to tell you how bad ftb infinity evolved is with my 3770k, 22fps 2 chunks :P

fucking microblocks..

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

So what most of you are saying to me is, I should had never upgraded and just stuck with my 4350, that the only way I'll ever have a good CPU is be forced to get Windows 10?

Is that it?

4 minutes ago, Benie said:

So what most of you are saying to me is, I should had never upgraded and just stuck with my 4350, that the only way I'll ever have a good CPU is be forced to get Windows 10?

Is that it?

amd or intel.. i dont know shit about amd fx cpus

also, you can always use skylake and lower with windows 7.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

also, you can always use skylake and lower with windows 7.

The problem is, a friend told me that "Skylake" is only compatible with Windows 10. And I saw this again somewhere else.

Just now, Benie said:

The problem is, a friend told me that "Skylake" is only compatible with Windows 10. And I saw this again somewhere else.

skylake is compatible with w7/8.1/10.. i think hes thinking about kaby lake.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

49 minutes ago, Benie said:

Windows 7 for as long as possible (for personal(and security) reasons),

Is windows 7 more secure?  I'd think that Windows 10 would be better since it is newer.

Also, except for drivers, CPUs should work with any operating system.

10 hours ago, themctipers said:

its competitive with my 3770k,. 

im going to tell you how bad ftb infinity evolved is with my 3770k, 22fps 2 chunks :P

fucking microblocks..

that's a you problem, my 2nd gen mobile i7 does better ;)

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

that's a you problem, my 2nd gen mobile i7 does better ;)

It was like 25x25x5 filled with microblocks and machines. after you move a while away its 56fps again..

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

It was like 25x25x5 filled with microblocks and machines. after you move a while away its 56fps again..

~20K microblocks bunker, 60fps vsync, get on my haswell level :D

12 minutes ago, manikyath said:

~20K microblocks bunker, 60fps vsync, get on my haswell level :D

I was running the server aswell and there were ram leaks with the server. Starts at 4gb, after half an hour it's 14gb..

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.