New loop, very high temps?

Completed the leak test on my GPU loop yesterday. I am able to browse/do basic computer functions with it running at high temps from 40c-80c within minutes if entering any game the tos hit mid 90s celcius and system crashes. Is there anything I can do aside from take the block aosry and re do the whole thing?

Did you double check to make sure you tubed it correctly?

Is the pump running?

Fans spinning?

2 minutes ago, Staryday said:

Completed the leak test on my GPU loop yesterday. I am able to browse/do basic computer functions with it running at high temps from 40c-80c within minutes if entering any game the tos hit mid 90s celcius and system crashes. Is there anything I can do aside from take the block aosry and re do the whole thing?

Maybe a few more details would be required on such sensitive matter.

Anyhow, my first question would be to check if you have topped everything of with the required amount of fluid, following on from that do you think your pump is functioning correctly? Thermal paste as well.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

You got air bubbles in your loop? could be stuck in the pump and have VERY little circulation.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

4 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you double check to make sure you tubed it correctly?

Is the pump running?

Fans spinning?can feel the pump running, all 6 fans are going. I'm pretty sure I put everything together properly? My loop goes pump/res (combo) -rad- gpu-pump, no leaks, no visible bubbles ect

4 hours ago, Jrock said:

You got air bubbles in your loop? could be stuck in the pump and have VERY little circulation.

Should I remove the little cap stopper from the top of the res to allow air out? I sealed the extra hole in after the leak test 

1 minute ago, Staryday said:

Should I remove the little cap stopper from the top of the res to allow air out? I sealed the extra hole in after the leak test 

Air will naturally accumulate in the ress as the loop is ran so removing the cap isn't necessary. If water is flowing, fans are spinning and the radiator(s) was tubed correctly so water flows through the entirety if it then I'm to guess you put an insufficient quantity of thermal compound on the GPU die or the block isn't screwed down enough.

Is there a way to

9 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Air will naturally accumulate in the ress as the loop is ran so removing the cap isn't necessary. If water is flowing, fans are spinning and the radiator(s) was tubed correctly so water flows through the entirety if it then I'm to guess you put an insufficient quantity of thermal compound on the GPU die or the block isn't screwed down enough.

Is there a way to tell for sure the water is flowing other than feeling the pump vibration? I have colored opaque tubing. I have an xsoc crossflow rad as well. There's only an in and out, no other option.

32 minutes ago, Staryday said:

Are you double check the flow ensuring that inlets are actually used as inlets and outlets as outlets on the blocks and pump? Did you remover the plastic on the blocks?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

7 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Are you double check the flow ensuring that inlets are actually used as inlets and outlets as outlets on the blocks and pump? Did you remover the plastic on the blocks?

I have removed the plastic. The pump is a res combo not labeled but I have the block that joins the pump to res as the out and the top of the res as the in. It clearly ran when I was first filling it (had to turn off many times to add water as it went into the tubing)

5 minutes ago, Staryday said:

I have removed the plastic. The pump is a res combo not labeled but I have the block that joins the pump to res as the out and the top of the res as the in. It clearly ran when I was first filling it (had to turn off many times to add water as it went into the tubing)

Turning off the pump during the filling process is normal, sometimes it can kill/damage a pump as the water empties but i doubt this is the case. GPU blocks can trap air in a loop and so too can some pump/res combos especially if it has a centrifugal pump.

I would advise, once you are sure you don't have any leaks, that you run the pump and lean the case so that the GPU is vertical with the GPU's outlet port being the first port you see if you were looking down at the case from the new position that you have turned it to, give it a slight shake to dislodge any air that may be trapped while looking for any air leaving the GPU block. 

Is the pump a strong pump?...strong meaning good-great flow and pressure head.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

2 hours ago, Staryday said:

Is there a way to

Is there a way to tell for sure the water is flowing other than feeling the pump vibration? I have colored opaque tubing. I have an xsoc crossflow rad as well. There's only an in and out, no other option.

If you were able to fill the loop and the pump is currently vibrating then the pump is plugged in correctly. What about the radiator? Any chance you connected the tubing to the same side of the radiator?

4 hours ago, Staryday said:

Is there a way to

What loop components do you have, can you take a photo of it that usually can help with solving the problem. 

What loop components do you have, can you take a photo of it that usually can help with solving the problem. 

@Staryday this right here.  A picture is literally worth a thousand words in this case :D

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

@Staryday this right here.  A picture is literally worth a thousand words in this case :D

I will try to get pics when I get home today. I took the waterblock apart and out it back on. It did look like there was not a good connection too the GPU unfortunately.  I'm hoping I did not fry it thiugh? It hit 93 degrees and shut down my computer. I turned it back on a few minutes later and everything booted fine, the temp was down to 46c I shut down computer and pulled waterblock off then remounted it, re did thermal  pads, paste backplate ext. Now my computer powers up and I can not get any signal to either monitor or tv. Did I kill it?

Just now, Staryday said:

I will try to get pics when I get home today. I took the waterblock apart and out it back on. It did look like there was not a good connection too the GPU unfortunately.  I'm hoping I did not fry it thiugh? It hit 93 degrees and shut down my computer. I turned it back on a few minutes later and everything booted fine, the temp was down to 46c I shut down computer and pulled waterblock off then remounted it, re did thermal  pads, paste backplate ext. Now my computer powers up and I can not get any signal to either monitor or tv. Did I kill it?

I don't think that it would fry from just a moment of those temps, especially if it turned back on after that.  Maybe try another slot and clear CMOS if that doesn't work.  Wiping all drivers might help too (assuming all the basics like power cables are taken care of)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

I don't think that it would fry from just a moment of those temps, especially if it turned back on after that.  Maybe try another slot and clear CMOS if that doesn't work.  Wiping all drivers might help too (assuming all the basics like power cables are taken care of)

Ok it seems to be working fine now. I changed pcie slots then cleared cmos. Everything booted up. Idle temps below 30, not passing mid 40s in game so far. Will try running at load and see how it goes.