CPU Cooler Help

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy an i5 7600k. I know it's capable of getting between a 4.9 and 5.0ghz overclock, but I'm not sure if I should get an AIO or just a bulky air cooler. What do you guys think? If so what air cooler or AIO do you recommend I get? Thanks!

Did you heard about silicon lottery?

In short, if you didn't win it, even the best CPU cooler and the best mobo in the market won't let your CPU OC well.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

15 minutes ago, WolfHunter said:

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy an i5 7600k. I know it's capable of getting between a 4.9 and 5.0ghz overclock, but I'm not sure if I should get an AIO or just a bulky air cooler. What do you guys think? If so what air cooler or AIO do you recommend I get? Thanks!

Idk if the Hyper 212 Evo will get YOUR job done but it is a really good overclock cooler and quiet cooler

I would recommend the Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power, it's only around $50 and has an amazing performance for its price. Only drawback is it's very tall, so make sure it can fit inside your case. I would've bought one in a heartbeat if it could fit in my case.

23 minutes ago, WolfHunter said:

Quick question, what was it again that you said you were getting the 7600k for? Because if the answer is "games", then forget it, you'd be much better served with a 7700.

8 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Idk if the Hyper 212 Evo will get YOUR job done but it is a really good overclock cooler and quiet cooler

It's not a good "oc cooler", its a good BUDGET cooler. There's a big difference there. The 212x is good because it's pretty cheap for what it offers, not because it's actually powerful or anything.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

the be quiet dark rock 3 is a nice air cooler. got mine i5 7600k to a stable 5Ghz, with 1.305V and a max temp of 69 degrees celcius

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite