what is the insecure content on the site....

Screenshot?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

that won't be of use, as my machine is set to the dutch language.

i'll describe. the site renders exactly the same to my eyes, but there is an indicator on the right of the adress bar, that says that opera blocked insecure content on this site.

2 minutes ago, LUUD18 said:

Screenshot?

She/Her

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

okay, so i use the opera browser, and on this site, it says it blocked material. 

here is their explanation: http://help.opera.com/opera/Windows/2393/en/private.html#blocked

i'm just wondering why it's blocking stuff here, because the site renders fine. 

I believe this is mostly caused by hot-linked images that people put in their posts.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

Just now, Limecat86 said:

I believe this is mostly caused by hot-linked images that people put in their posts.

okay, but it also does it on the homepage... 

She/Her

I am dutch aswell. Just want to know what you see on the website.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

okay, but it also does it on the homepage... 

Really? When I look in Firefox's inspector I don't see any http sources loaded on the homepage. Only https.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

This website is secured and encrypted. That's why you get the little lock in the address bar. This is good because you can type in your password and such without worrying.

However, some parts of the website, such as some images people link to, and what appears to be the search box, are not encrypted. They are loaded from external, non-encrypted websites. That's what Opera is blocking and warning you about.

On some other site it might not be the search box that's not encrypted. It might be the login box that's sent in plain text. That would mean that while you think you are safe and nobody can read your password, everyone could. Opera (and other web browsers) would therefore block that unsecure login box.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

This website is secured and encrypted. That's why you get the little lock in the address bar. This is good because you can type in your password and such without worrying.

However, some parts of the website, such as some images people link to, and what appears to be the search box, are not encrypted. They are loaded from external, non-encrypted websites. That's what Opera is blocking and warning you about.

On some other site it might not be the search box that's not encrypted. It might be the login box that's sent in plain text. That would mean that while you think you are safe and nobody can read your password, everyone could. Opera (and other web browsers) would therefore block that unsecure login box.

okay, i get it. thanks!

She/Her

I use opera and have never seen it though. Are you on a public Wi-Fi by any chance?

Just now, LUUD18 said:

I use opera and have never seen it though. Are you on a public Wi-Fi by any chance?

yeah, school wifi... why would that matter?

She/Her

Doesn't Opera automatically block all ads not from Google's ad service? I don't use Opera so I don't know any specifics. It might provide a notification when it blocks those ads.

2 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

Doesn't Opera automatically block all ads not from Google's ad service? I don't use Opera so I don't know any specifics. It might provide a notification when it blocks those ads.

correct.

while i havent had a chance to use it yet, the latest version of opera(reborn) automatically blocks ads.(with exception for google, facebook, and a couple other domains).

this site, while is really good about it, does display a couple ads which are probably getting blocked by opera.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

17 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

yeah, school wifi... why would that matter?

Because someone might be intercepting your traffic then. When you get the unsecure certificate (or anything like that) it might be because someone is doing a man-in-the-middle attack. 

5 hours ago, LUUD18 said:

Because someone might be intercepting your traffic then. When you get the unsecure certificate (or anything like that) it might be because someone is doing a man-in-the-middle attack. 

oh wow really... now that you say that... i'm at home now and it is gone...

She/Her