Building a PC for the future Wanna Help

Well I am planing a new PC for Gaming Only and may do a little video rending but not much any way. I don't really care about being on a budget I just want the best that will last me for a few years that being said I am trying to decided what CPU to get. I have been looking at i7 7700k CPU and I know it is the best CPU for gaming by most people opinion. But with games with like BF1 and Arma III and Others Would I not benefit from buying a CPU like the i7 6800k to make my PC last longer I know upgrading GPU is going to have to happen but Buying a 6 core CPU with last longer would it not? With the way games are going in the future being more CPU taxing. I know X299 should be coming out later this year and ryzen is a good option but after hearing a few people say gaming is not the best job for ryzen that said 2-9 FPS dose not make a differences to me. So to wrap up I am thinking if buying a CPU with more than 4 cores is a good idea for Gaming in the feature. Thanks please tell me your thoughts.  

ryzen 7 1800x got all those cores and it can game also or if you want blue team the 6800k for the same reasons

7 minutes ago, StarStreamFPS said:

Well I am planing a new PC for Gaming Only and may do a little video rending but not much any way. I don't really care about being on a budget I just want the best that will last me for a few years that being said I am trying to decided what CPU to get. I have been looking at i7 7700k CPU and I know it is the best CPU for gaming by most people opinion. But with games with like BF1 and Arma III and Others Would I not benefit from buying a CPU like the i7 6800k to make my PC last longer I know upgrading GPU is going to have to happen but Buying a 6 core CPU with last longer would it not? With the way games are going in the future being more CPU taxing. I know X299 should be coming out later this year and ryzen is a good option but after hearing a few people say gaming is not the best job for ryzen that said 2-9 FPS dose not make a differences to me. So to wrap up I am thinking if buying a CPU with more than 4 cores is a good idea for Gaming in the feature. Thanks please tell me your thoughts.  

Well, an affordable ryzen 1600 is great, it has 6 cores and 12 threads so great for rendering. The CPU may fall behind slightly to the  7700K But you can always overclock to at least bridge some of the gap in gaming. A 6-core CPU would last longer than a quad core and CPU intensive games will definitely enjoy pushing out fps with the extra cores and threads.

Delta R5 Build

CPU: AMD RYZEN 1600 Purchased

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS  Purchased

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000MHX (2X8GB) Purchased

CPU COOLER: DeepCool GAMMAXX 400 GT RGB Purchased

GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Aorus 6gb GTX 1060 Purchased

Case: NZXT S340 (White) Purchased

PSU: EVGA 550B3 Purchased

HDD: WD Blue 1TB  Purchased

SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB Purchased

Wifi Card: Asus PCE-N15 PCI-E 1X Purchased

--BUILD READY--

5 minutes ago, Colin Donoghue said:

ryzen 7 1800x got all those cores and it can game also or if you want blue team the 6800k for the same reasons

Get a 1700, OC to the same and same performance.  Waste of $200

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

11 minutes ago, StarStreamFPS said:

So to wrap up I am thinking if buying a CPU with more than 4 cores is a good idea for Gaming in the feature. Thanks please tell me your thoughts.  

Definitely true.  I suggest getting an r7 1700 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Really you can't go wrong with any of the new CPUs over 4c/4t (prices notwithstanding). The i7 7700 howver has had isolated heat issues no YMMV.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430