How much does 60 FPS matter to videos

I have a new camera that can record 1080p 60FPS or 4K 30fps.I want to use it to make YouTube videos. Every video i've made has been in 60fps. Do you prefer higher frame rates or higher resolution. . 

Depends on what kind of videos you make.

For games, I would argue that the 60FPS makes total sense, not so much for movie-like videos or video logs.

For youtube, upload resolution is more important than either native resolution or framerate. Getting a higher bitrate is very important.

But recording at a high res does make it a little simpler to also upload at a high res. Just don't expect to upload super-crisp 4K footage and have everyone see just as crisp of a picture when watching it through youtube. The bitrate still won't be good enough for that - but at least it won't be as much of a blurry mess as it would be with youtube's 1080p bitrate.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Depends on what kind of videos you make.

For games, I would argue that the 60FPS makes total sense, not so much for movie-like videos or video logs.

I make videos Kind of like the ones Linus makes. Tech reviews and things.

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

For youtube, upload resolution is more important than either native resolution or framerate. Getting a higher bitrate is very important.

But recording at a high res does make it a little simpler to also upload at a high res. Just don't expect to upload super-crisp 4K footage and have everyone see just as crisp of a picture when watching it through youtube. The bitrate still won't be good enough for that - but at least it won't be as much of a blurry mess as it would be with youtube's 1080p bitrate.

Should I record in 4k or record in 1080p and upscale

Just now, borisdarker said:

Then I wouldn't really bother with 60FPS. Go with 4k 30FPS. Even if most people don't have 4k monitors (me included) I prefer watching YT videos in 4k as the higher bitrate allows for quite a lot better quality over the 1080p YT streaming.

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Then I wouldn't really bother with 60FPS. Go with 4k 30FPS. Even if most people don't have 4k monitors (me included) I prefer watching YT videos in 4k as the higher bitrate allows for quite a lot better quality over the 1080p YT streaming.

OK, Thanks for the help

5 minutes ago, borisdarker said:

Should I record in 4k or record in 1080p and upscale

For your kind of content I don't think 60FPS will really matter, so I'd say record in 4K.

Just now, borisdarker said:

OK, Thanks for the help

You're welcome, obviously, take my opinion with a grain of salt. Everyone has different preferences. This is just what I prefer and I think that most people as well.

58 minutes ago, borisdarker said:

I have a new camera that can record 1080p 60FPS or 4K 30fps.I want to use it to make YouTube videos. Every video i've made has been in 60fps. Do you prefer higher frame rates or higher resolution. . 

For what intent?  What are you filming?  The frame rate you choose to record with the camera and the frame rate you choose for your export always depends on your intent and what you are filming.

54 minutes ago, borisdarker said:

If it's for this, use whatever settings gives you the best picture quality and data that you can work with so when you process it and render it out in preparation for uploading to YouTube, you don't lose much in terms of quality.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Personally I never render anything in 60FPS unless it's gaming. However I often shoot in higher framerates to allow for versatile slow motion later. I find it makes great b-roll footage for vlogs/videos that aren't just like one shot sports stuff. If what you're going for is detailed footage of your extreme sport or really anything super fast paced, I'd say go for 1080p 60fps.

4K isn't quite mainstream yet, but personally I've made the switch. I don't buy a camera if it isn't 4K. I upscale anything that isn't instead of downscaling my 4K.

For youtube, becasue if bitrate limitation, I would say 1080p 60fps, but upscaled to 4k 60 fps before you upload.

But 4k 30 fps would be good too.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Native 1080p is great.  Even 1080p@30fps is fine unless you're just a super bitchy person.  Even if I had a 4K monitor, I'd still watch most stuff at 1080p.  Lots of people don't have that kind of bandwidth.  I will often go for 720p to eliminate any chance of stuttering.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440