Future of pc gaming

apaar123

What do you guys/girls think that in 4 years what will be the situation of pc gaming. Basically GPU an CPU. How strong will they become?

Um.. 2 times the power for GPUs

More cores and more Ghz for the CPU

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

only time will tell, moore law is slowing down. i really hope more cores become popular especially with cheap 6 and 8 core consumer CPUs. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

only time will tell, moore law is slowing down. i really hope more cores become popular especially with cheap 6 and 8 core consumer CPUs. 

Well amd has started doing it

It all becomes a plateua anyhow for most users.

Games in general too.

Maybe it will become more of a Windows 10 Skylake/Kabylake dillema as well. Greedy bastards, I hate when it goes down that road.

4 cores for budget, 6 for regular consumers, 8 minimum for the i7 line.

4k 60fps being achievable for most gamers with mid/higher end gear, high settings

1440p with 60fps being possible with iGPU (low/medium settings)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

more Ghz

aint gonna happen for processors unless we have HUGE changes.

we're at a point where the frequency is actually turning two traces next to each other into a notable value capacitor, and poses issues with the distance electricity can travel.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

4k 60fps being achievable for most gamers with mid/higher end gear, even at low settings

1080p with 60fps being possible with iGPU (lowest settings)

This is easily achievable now .. what ?

Just now, Flavlus said:

This is easily achievable now .. what ?

really?

i dont know shit about igpu, and the 1080ti just barely does 4k 60fps high

(wait, my clause.. low settings.. shit, better change that to high)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

i hope 1080p 60fps will still be the minimum target for pc game development. of course it depends on the game so i don't expect 60fps from every game (for aesthetic purposes i guess?), but at least from AAA titles a mid-range rig should be able to run said game at 1080p60 high settings.

1080p is still here to stay for several more years, though 4k is growing gradually. so perhaps with the more bigger game developments, said game should utilize 4k with 4k textures, 4k optimization, etc. so with that end, have a GPU that can 4k 60fps high settings without costing a fortune. 

also HDR. i would love to see more HDR implemented in pc games. perhaps even added in existing games, though that can be a little more tricky. 

perhaps more games use more CPU cores and power. don't move away from 4-cores too much, but have the game scale reasonably well with more cores, maybe drop-off at over 8-cores (unless it's a CPU-bound title). my 60fps point still stands though - it should be reachable on even 4-cores. just for more than 60 fps more cores will work better. 

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

really?

i dont know shit about igpu, and the 1080ti just barely does 4k 60fps high

(wait, my clause.. low settings.. shit, better change that to high)

1080ti does 4k 60fps on most games very easily. igpu can do low to medium settings 1080p now days.  This is part of the reason some GPUs are useless.. for example the 1050 and the 460 as for the type of games they run .. and iGPU is not much slower . 

Just now, Flavlus said:

1080ti does 4k 60fps on most games very easily. igpu can do low to medium settings 1080p now days.  This is part of the reason some GPUs are useless.. for example the 1050 and the 460 as for the type of games they run .. and iGPU is not much slower . 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ im probably thinking of the 980ti barely doing it

havent seen any benches with a 1080ti (well , that i've remembered)

im stuck with hd 3000, so.. yeah :P

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ im probably thinking of the 980ti barely doing it

havent seen any benches with a 1080ti (well , that i've remembered)

im stuck with hd 3000, so.. yeah :P

Yeah I have a 980ti and it barely does it yes. But 1080ti is something like 45% faster than a 980ti