Any recommendations on my Ryzen Build?

Go to solution Solved by tom_w141,

@Ordinarily_Greater

Better allocation of your funds imo, no need for the X model CPU and no need for the X370 chipset. If you cut those and overclock on the B350 board look at what you can get:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($316.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($126.94 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card  ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.89 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer G257HU smidpx 25.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($219.99 @ Newegg)
Other: Simbadda Speakers (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $1561.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-03 08:07 EDT-0400

You can do mild 700-800 MHz overclocks with ease on the wraith spire RGB stock cooler. I didn't change your M.2 SSD even though it is unnecessary and won't speed up boots or games (they are only good for file transfers really). I swapped your RAM to one that will run at its rated speed on Ryzen, bumped you all the way up to a GTX 1080 and a 1440p IPS monitor. I left your case choice as it was as that is entirely personal preference.

Hi everyone! I am new to this community and i think now it's perfect to post my upcoming build in June maybe?

1. Location and Budget

Actually i want to have a PC below $600, because of obsession i am now maximum $1600 (can add some cents and few bucks). Now for the location i am currently in Indonesia so the currency is Rp (IDR)

2. Aim

My friends are inviting me to a YouTube Channel group that produce non gaming videos, so i decided to make this PC as a YouTube Workstation and the most important, Gaming.

Gaming for now is in 1080p High and above, but i won't touch 1440p because the budget limitations. Racing games and free roam games is what i like. Also i will take care of Special Syncs later. And Maybe the heaviest game that i can afford is Mass Effect: Andromeda (anyways is it a Mature Game?)

3. Monitors

I am currently in a Dell monitor that's old, now i want that budget (in my mind) monitor LG 25UM58-P.

No dual monitor setup for now

4. Peripherals

I already have three keyboards and mouse, from Logitech and old unknown brands. I need Windows 10, though

5. Reason for Upgrading

I have two sets of LGA 775 PC and i really want to upgrade, one i already broke it down and get:

160GB HDD

Pixelview GF9400GT

Unknown Core 2 Duo

Asus motherboard in DDR3

So yeah why not a Ryzen nowadays?

Here's the list of what am i getting:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Ordinarily_great/saved/ygpJxr

Thank you community!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

I would get a cheaper CPU cooler and spend more on your PSU. Last thing you want with all your expensive components is for them to be fried :/ 

Specs:

CPU: i5-6500 3.2 GHz Mobo: ASRock H110M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition Storage: 120GB Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB WD HDD 7200 RPM PSU: Antec VP600P 600W Display: CrossOver 2795QHD 2560x1440 105 Hz OC OS: Windows 10 64 bit

6 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Hi everyone! I am new to this community and i think now it's perfect to post my upcoming build in June maybe?

1. Location and Budget

Actually i want to have a PC below $600, because of obsession i am now maximum $1600 (can add some cents and few bucks). Now for the location i am currently in Indonesia so the currency is Rp (IDR)

2. Aim

My friends are inviting me to a YouTube Channel group that produce non gaming videos, so i decided to make this PC as a YouTube Workstation and the most important, Gaming.

Gaming for now is in 1080p High and above, but i won't touch 1440p because the budget limitations. Racing games and free roam games is what i like. Also i will take care of Special Syncs later. And Maybe the heaviest game that i can afford is Mass Effect: Andromeda (anyways is it a Mature Game?)

3. Monitors

I am currently in a Dell monitor that's old, now i want that budget (in my mind) monitor LG 25UM58-P.

No dual monitor setup for now

4. Peripherals

I already have three keyboards and mouse, from Logitech and old unknown brands. I need Windows 10, though

5. Reason for Upgrading

I have two sets of LGA 775 PC and i really want to upgrade, one i already broke it down and get:

160GB HDD

Pixelview GF9400GT

Unknown Core 2 Duo

Asus motherboard in DDR3

So yeah why not a Ryzen nowadays?

Here's the list of what am i getting:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Ordinarily_great/saved/ygpJxr

Thank you community!

X370 isn't the only overclocking chipset but are you going to be SLI'ing in the future if not save some money and get a B350 and an R5 1500 or R5 1600 would be fine and you would be able to save some more for a better gpu like the RX 580

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Is there any good reason for getting 2x 1 tb drives? Seagate also produces 2 tb baracuda drives... And they are cheaper when looking at gb/$.

I can imagine why you would want 2 drives. Back-ups and failsafe. But do you really need that, and are you going to use them in that way? It will your case fill up moar, reducing upgradability.

8 minutes ago, Speshul_ said:

I would get a cheaper CPU cooler and spend more on your PSU. Last thing you want with all your expensive components is for them to be fried :/ 

It's a tier 2... a tier 2 PSU.

3 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Ah my bad, though prices were in Aussie Dollars haha :/

Still no need for the noctua CPU cooler

Specs:

CPU: i5-6500 3.2 GHz Mobo: ASRock H110M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition Storage: 120GB Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB WD HDD 7200 RPM PSU: Antec VP600P 600W Display: CrossOver 2795QHD 2560x1440 105 Hz OC OS: Windows 10 64 bit

It never hurts to have an overkill CPU cooler. In the past, I had a CPU cooler which was moar expencive then my CPU itself. Kept temps really nice, and when the cooler was filled with dust (zero airflow) it would still not thermal throttle. (just run at high temps)

@Ordinarily_Greater

Better allocation of your funds imo, no need for the X model CPU and no need for the X370 chipset. If you cut those and overclock on the B350 board look at what you can get:

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($126.94 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card  ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.89 @ Newegg)

You can do mild 700-800 MHz overclocks with ease on the wraith spire RGB stock cooler. I didn't change your M.2 SSD even though it is unnecessary and won't speed up boots or games (they are only good for file transfers really). I swapped your RAM to one that will run at its rated speed on Ryzen, bumped you all the way up to a GTX 1080 and a 1440p IPS monitor. I left your case choice as it was as that is entirely personal preference.

26 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Yeah you know it, And probably going to RMx later

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Leonard said:

@Ordinarily_Greater 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hY7YBP

Terrible allocation of funds imo... Look what I got with the same money :P Also never buy a Ryzen X model and sounds like 50% of the job of this PC will be workstation so he should get a 1700.

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

I'd say drop the cpu to a 1700, get rid of the NH-D15, change the 2x1TB to a 1x2TB drive also change the x370 to a B350 (practically the same for your use). Then with the money saved you could either buy a better gpu now or even buy an RX 570/470 and save for vega that should be coming out within a month or 2.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

1 hour ago, Billy_Mays said:

X370 isn't the only overclocking chipset but are you going to be SLI'ing in the future if not save some money and get a B350 and an R5 1500 or R5 1600 would be fine and you would be able to save some more for a better gpu like the RX 580

Well i would get a GTX 1070 later, no crossfire or SLI but might come in handy

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 minutes ago, RedSpade said:

I'd say drop the cpu to a 1700, get rid of the NH-D15, change the 2x1TB to a 1x2TB drive also change the x370 to a B350 (practically the same for your use). Then with the money saved you could either buy a better gpu now or even buy an RX 570/470 and save for vega that should be coming out within a month or 2.

Well i am motivated to do 1x2TB! Thank you for telling me!

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 hour ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Also you can save some money going for a cheaper case. They aren't all bad...

Well, i don't mind the case. But I'll try to find something better (if i can)

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 hour ago, tom_w141 said:

@Ordinarily_Greater

Yeah you're right about transfers, i am ordered to directly upload the video lol

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

58 minutes ago, domandric034 said:

If i do that, i don't know where to get AM4 bracket in my country. But thank you anyways! I am interested with GTX 1070 now...

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

15 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Yeah you're right about transfers, i am ordered to directly upload the video lol

12 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

If i do that, i don't know where to get AM4 bracket in my country. But thank you anyways! I am interested with GTX 1070 now...

Why a 1070? On your budget I got a 1080 in there.

46 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Why a 1070? On your budget I got a 1080 in there.

Thank you! You have the best answer. I honor you to have it (XD)

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :