Deal or no: A roughly 380USD used build

1 minute ago, killer5247 said:

you can see that he is only playing games not rendering and all that so mostly he should focus on the GPU there are too less games which are CPU based

:(

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Ryzen 3 would be a good option but that's not gonna be coming for a few months yet. 

Umm, to @killer5247, just to quickly add a bit of context for what I plan to use this PC for: while I indeed want to use it primarily for gaming, I would love a snappy and fast PC. (Hence, I do appreciate the suggestions such as to get extra RAM, and also an SSD.) Oh and @killer5247, maybe extra parts on top of what I already have here would be more useful as oppose to a wholly different build. Thanks for your tenacity!

I think I will be set on this second hand build, but the main question was: is this great value? (To which one person already said yes: and I would like to thank them too for helping me answer this question, albeit reinforcing or reinforming a possible stance I already hold LOL) ( I am looking at you @honor :P)

Thanks again to all. Will be reading this again later tomorrow. 

An i7 that you can overclock would be better value for money because you can OC. Also it wouldn't really bottleneck newer GPU's so OP still has a good upgrade path.

Just now, DJ_Gox3 said:

Umm, to Killer5247, just to quickly add a bit of context for what I plan to use this PC for: while I indeed want to use it primarily for gaming, I would love a snappy and fast PC. (Hence, I do appreciate the suggestions such as to get extra RAM, and also an SSD.)

I think I will be set on this second hand build, but the main question was: is this great value? (To which one person already said yes: and I would like to thank them too for helping me answer this question, albeit reinforcing or reinforming a possible stance I already hold LOL)

Thanks again to all. Will be reading this again later tomorrow.

yes its a great value but not a gaming machine

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

1 minute ago, killer5247 said:

Hmm, I am not extra sure I would agree though..

3 minutes ago, 1kv said:

An i7 that you can overclock would be better value for money because you can OC. Also it wouldn't really bottleneck newer GPU's so OP still has a good upgrade path.

Whereas this is something I think I have heard to be more true this days.

So my last post: I would like to leave you guys with this video from Gamer's Nexus, as it compares i7s from yesteryear to some newer CPUs from today. My only sad takeaway: it did not include the i7 3770k (OC, or even stock..)

3 minutes ago, killer5247 said:

If you're talking about the i7, It's more than capable of gaming. Paired with a decent GPU, it'd be a perfect build for the price. 

21 minutes ago, killer5247 said:

dude that cpu is dead ddr5 is gonna launch and you are still buying ddr3

Were still far off from DDR5 dude. DDR4 still has a couple years left in it.

Just now, DJ_Gox3 said:

Hmm, I am not extra sure I would agree though..

Whereas this is something I think I have heard to be more true this days.

So my last post: I would like to leave you guys with this video from Gamer's Nexus, as it compares i7s from yesteryear to some newer CPUs from today. My only sad takeaway: it did not include the i7 3770k (OC, or even stock..)

This build is great for the price. DDR3 is still a very viable option and if you could get a better than stock fan you could get some nice OCs with that processor. The only thing that really needs an upgrade in the GPU. Getting a budget RX 460 or something like it would be a good choice.

12 minutes ago, killer5247 said:

No offense intended, but I'm not sure how I can say this without avoiding it, but it seems like you're just getting into learning about PCs. A 3770k + 7970 would be a much more balanced build than a G4560 and a 1050ti. The G4560 and 1050ti will do better in some games that are restricted to 2 cores, but not by much at all. Certainly not by enough to cripple yourself with that pentium. Also the 1050ti doesn't really have a market, imo. Used GPUs are where it's at.

TL;DR: A 3770k + 7970 will crush your build.

Just now, RAM555789 said:

This build is great for the price. DDR3 is still a very viable option and if you could get a better than stock fan you could get some nice OCs with that processor. The only thing that really needs an upgrade in the GPU. Getting a budget RX 460 or something like it would be a good choice.

That's exactly what I've been trying to say. Bravo to you, sir. 

Hey man just ignore the new build. As i recently too was thinking of updating my system from an i5 2500k to an i5 7500. But in the end i only bought a new gpu. And used the extra cash for some other purposes. And i can still play all the games with 60fps on pretty good settings 

Well with the configuration you are getting you can easily play any games, just get a used hd 7970 and another 4gb of ram with an ssd. Not together but as and when you have cash. And well you can always think of oc as you do have a good board to support you with it. As i said all that earlier. And if you are on a tight budget you can always get some used stuffs.