Info on Skylake-X

EDIT:
I screwed up I mean skylake-X and the platform x299, ignore a lot of info below

basin-falls.jpg

Does anyone have any info on Skylake-EP

Is it finally an platform for my to upgrade my i7-4930k with out a huge expense?

What do you guys expect to see on the motherboards and so on.

I hope for a nice 6 or 8 core CPU at a similar price point to the current 6830k, maybe called the 7930k/7830k running 6 core base 4Ghz and boost 4.5ghz.
More PCIe lanes
Boards standard with 2x m.2 slots that auto raid 0

Faster UEFI boards for faster boot times

Same memory but more stable high speed DDR4

Better Cooling with the larger die size

6 channel memory will be weird though I used to use x58 tripple channel, so maybe 48 or 96GB of ram. I would just opt for 48GB my video editing doesn't seem to use that much at the moment, I actually don't know of many prosumer applications using more than 64GB ram at home.

24 minutes ago, lawrencep93 said:

Boards standard with 2x m.2 slots that auto raid 0

hah! no. Raid0 for SSDs is super unsafe for any critical data

25 minutes ago, lawrencep93 said:

Faster UEFI boards for faster boot times

Remember - EP and EX architecture is workstation/server, so this won't happen. There needs to be support for literally EVERYTHING on the UEFI. 

26 minutes ago, lawrencep93 said:

Same memory but more stable high speed DDR4

Better Cooling with the larger die size

Depends - DDR4 is stable now but X-series have always had issues with higher end memory. I'd say it'll stay the same - the point of this architecture is NOT consumers, it's mostly for Xeon and Xeon-WS (big business)

Die size I hope they do something with, that's a bloody good point. 

IMHO Keep X79. Drop in a Xeon E5-2670v1 or v2, and you're golden. They're like $70 used on eBay for 8 physical cores and ECC support. 

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

hah! no. Raid0 for SSDs is super unsafe for any critical data

Remember - EP and EX architecture is workstation/server, so this won't happen. There needs to be support for literally EVERYTHING on the UEFI. 

Depends - DDR4 is stable now but X-series have always had issues with higher end memory. I'd say it'll stay the same - the point of this architecture is NOT consumers, it's mostly for Xeon and Xeon-WS (big business)

Die size I hope they do something with, that's a bloody good point. 

IMHO Keep X79. Drop in a Xeon E5-2670v1 or v2, and you're golden. They're like $70 used on eBay for 8 physical cores and ECC support. 

I was thinking raid 0 for a boot drive where you would store the OS, games, working files, everything else would be backed up on a RAID 5 or NAS with super essential stuff on cloud as well.

So I got the point of the architecture wrong thinking it was an upgrade to the current x99 platform, whoops got to keen on hoping for some new smash from intel and a new base I could have upgraded to

2 minutes ago, lawrencep93 said:

I was thinking raid 0 for a boot drive where you would store the OS, games, working files, everything else would be backed up on a RAID 5 or NAS with super essential stuff on cloud as well.

So I got the point of the architecture wrong thinking it was an upgrade to the current x99 platform, whoops got to keen on hoping for some new smash from intel and a new base I could have upgraded to

Well, from what we've heard it's an upgrade, but not much - been really, really silent. 

idk

There isn't going to be a 4Ghz 6 core Skylake-E part. 

2 4 core Kaby Lake X parts

6,8,10,12 core Skylake based X parts.

All on the 2066 socket that's inevitably going to be more expensive than Z270, all support 4 channel DDR4 except KBL-X.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)