144Hz vs 60Hz

Watashi
Just now, MrImnotMLG said:

It doesn't matter which game your playing.

He said that because AAA games are more demanding that "regular ones" on which he could be able to achieve those 144fps, I assume.

If you have v sync at 144 hz your cards will never clock down until they can hit that 144 hz so yes theoretically it is more taxing.

4 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

To take a full advantage of a 144Hz refresh rate, it would be ideal for the PC to deliver 144FPS. But really, if your PC can render about 100FPS, then that's good enough.

Lets just say theoretically I'm running a game at 75 fps on a 60 Hz monitor, would the game also run at 75 fps on the 144Hz Monitor?

4 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

Lets just say theoretically I'm running a game at 75 fps on a 60 Hz monitor, would the game also run at 75 fps on the 144Hz Monitor?

Yes, it would. Like I said, refresh rate is independent to the frames rendered.

But if you were to have more frames than the monitor's refresh rate, you might encounter screentearing.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Yes, it would. Like I said, refresh rate is independent to the frames rendered.

But if you were to have more frames than the monitor's refresh rate, you might encounter screentearing.

But! G-Sync is designed to help prevent screen tearing yes?

Just now, Doomerson said:

But! G-Sync is designed to help prevent screen tearing yes?

V-Sync also helps but it may produce a stuttering effect IIRC.

But yes, adaptive sync (FreeSync/G-Sync) removes screen tearing.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

On 5/1/2017 at 8:24 PM, HKZeroFive said:

V-Sync also helps but it may produce a stuttering effect IIRC.

But yes, adaptive sync (FreeSync/G-Sync) removes screen tearing.

Thank you for your reply, sorry it took me so long, I've been rather busy. 

On 5/1/2017 at 11:57 PM, Doomerson said:

Okay, but to take advantage of 144Hz, it would be ideal to have a high-end set up, to see the difference in triple A titles, correct?

Its all about the fps your system is putting out. SO if your system can put out 100+ frames on the games your looking to play, if your system can't it might be better to stick with a 60hz and upgrade your PC parts. A 60Hz monitor jsut caps your fps limit you see on it to 60fps (though your computer can do more the monitor cant show it any faster) While a 144hz monitor caps the amount of fps you can see up to 144fps.