Nintendo announces the new *New* Nintendo 2DS XL game console (not a joke)

GoodBytes
14 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Isn't this what the 3DS should have been to begin with? No gimmicky 3D feature?

I'd rather they add the 3D. Adding a new function and refining is better than coming out with PS3.5 or XBox360dividedby360. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

The dragon quest one tho

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

13 hours ago, TheKDub said:

I wish companies would stop being idiotic and drop "New" from product names, and then go with something like "v1, v2, v3, etc..", so instead of the new nintendo 2ds xl, the nintendo 2ds xl v2.

Nintendo's the only one that does this.

23 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Nintendo's the only one that does this.

How many ipads have been the "new ipad" since the original new ipad? nintendo is not the only one doing this retarded naming scheme.

3 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

How many ipads have been the "new ipad" since the original new ipad? nintendo is not the only one doing this retarded naming scheme.

There are no "New iPads." All of the iPads had a numerical iteration, except the latest one which they called simply "iPad." But most people affix the year it was released or the generation number to it

There's a difference in call a product "new" and naming it "New". Which again, Nintendo is pretty much the only company that actually names their products "New".

14 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Which is a big problem especially that already Nintendo has trouble with putting AA for some reason. 

A decent majority of Nintendo's games (probably) run on old engines that were really built from the pre-release GameCube era.

In recent memory, the only game I remember having AA that came from Nintendo was Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

In all fairness to them, with the Wii U at least, they pushed the visuals quite far and aliasing was never really a huge issue even if a good amount of their games ultimately ran at 720p.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

38 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

There are no "New iPads." All of the iPads had a numerical iteration, except the latest one which they called simply "iPad." But most people affix the year it was released or the generation number to it

There's a difference in call a product "new" and naming it "New". Which again, Nintendo is pretty much the only company that actually names their products "New".

I could have swore there was a controversy a few years ago because the new ipad was named "new ipad". It was around that time I stopped following anything apple offered, is if it did have a name then my bad.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

I could have swore there was a controversy a few years ago because the new ipad was named "new ipad". It was around that time I stopped following anything apple offered, is if it did have a name then my bad.

There is this review: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/new-ipad

Which I don't know why they're doing that when the official product name is just "iPad"