Severe Screen Tearing With ACER K2 Series K272HUL

So for about two weeks now i have been using this monitor, Found it at a great deal on Newegg, But with YouTube Videos, And games i have been having some really bad Horizontal Screen Tearing, Was wondering before i RMA it if anyone could give me some pointers as to if i can get this little bugger fixed first. By the way if this is the wrong place to post this by all means move it to the appropriate place in the forums, I could not find anything regarding Monitors so i just plopped it down here.

If you want a link to the monitor, Check it out.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009969

~{ Xelriel }~

What GPU are you using?

And does the monitor have drivers it needs installed?

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Just now, JR8 said:

What GPU are you using?

And does the monitor have drivers it needs installed?

I'm using a Gigabyte GTX 1060 and ACER Tech Support had me download some type of .icm file but when i explained to them that double clicking on it did nothing they said my OS must already have the best one installed.

~{ Xelriel }~

Just now, xh3x3nx said:

I'm using a Gigabyte GTX 1060 and ACER Tech Support had me download some type of .icm file but when i explained to them that double clicking on it did nothing they said my OS must already have the best one installed.

Did you try a fresh install of your GPU's drivers?

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

1 minute ago, JR8 said:

Did you try a fresh install of your GPU's drivers?

Actually i did, Sadly there was no change :/ Figured that might have helped in the end.

~{ Xelriel }~

4 minutes ago, xh3x3nx said:

Are you getting screen tearing on everything or only gaming? Does YouTube tear? MS Word, etc? Trying to see if its GPU bound or Monitor issue.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

No offense, but in my experience, ACER tech support is garbage... Seriously. That's why I will never purchase an ACER product or recommend one as long as I live.

Are you getting screen tearing on everything or only gaming? Does YouTube tear? MS Word, etc? Trying to see if its GPU bound or Monitor issue.

As far as i can see, IT only effects YouTube, Skyrim ( 2011 Edition ) and that is it, So far i have not seen it happen anywhere else, And for future reference, What Monitor Brands would you recommend? Especially those with thin bezels and on a budget.

~{ Xelriel }~

Maybe try switching to integrated graphics. If the problem persists, then RMA the monitor.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

Just now, JR8 said:

Maybe try switching to integrated graphics. If the problem persists, then RMA the monitor.

Sadly i do not have an integrated GPU, I am using a AMD 8350 Black Edition CPU.

~{ Xelriel }~

Just now, xh3x3nx said:

As far as i can see, IT only effects YouTube, Skyrim ( 2011 Edition ) and that is it, So far i have not seen it happen anywhere else, And for future reference, What Monitor Brands would you recommend? Especially those with thin bezels and on a budget.

I generally stick with ASUS; however, I do have an ACER gaming monitor. I ONLY got it because reviews from friends were great, and it was much cheaper than the ASUS competitor. But I purchased it knowing I wouldn't have to deal with ACER tech support.

Have you attempted to change resolutions and see if that is an issue? Also, do you have any other electronic devices near by? I've had some cheap monitors that would have issues with phones or tablets near them for some odd reason.

1 minute ago, xh3x3nx said:

Sadly i do not have an integrated GPU, I am using a AMD 8350 Black Edition CPU.

Do you have another GPU to try?

Try changing resolutions to something smaller. Maybe OC your GPU a bit? Also, forgot to ask earlier, but what cable are you using to connect your GPU to Monitor?

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Do you have another GPU to try?

Try changing resolutions to something smaller. Maybe OC your GPU a bit? Also, forgot to ask earlier, but what cable are you using to connect your GPU to Monitor?

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I generally stick with ASUS; however, I do have an ACER gaming monitor. I ONLY got it because reviews from friends were great, and it was much cheaper than the ASUS competitor. But I purchased it knowing I wouldn't have to deal with ACER tech support.

Have you attempted to change resolutions and see if that is an issue? Also, do you have any other electronic devices near by? I've had some cheap monitors that would have issues with phones or tablets near them for some odd reason.

I have also tried lowering it from 1440p to 1080p but the problem still persists, And i am using the Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming engine running in OC Mode the whole time, And i am using a Display Port from my GPU to the monitor directly. And i will need to look into Asus Monitors from now on.The only other electronics i have near by is the second monitor and my two Logitech speakers. and about 3 feet away the Modem Router.

~{ Xelriel }~

Just now, xh3x3nx said:

I have also tried lowering it from 1440p to 1080p but the problem still persists, And i am using the Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming engine running in OC Mode the whole time, And i am using a Display Port from my GPU to the monitor directly. And i will need to look into Asus Monitors from now on.The only other electronics i have near by is the second monitor and my two Logitech speakers. and about 3 feet away the Modem Router.

I haven't had any issues with my ACER gaming monitor, so I'm happy with that. I guess I would be drastic to completely swear of their company for a couple bad tech support experiences, but I definitely wouldn't look at ACER for budget electronics. ASUS would be better IMO.

Remove your OC and see if you still have that issue. It could be a bad OC. Also, check your secondary monitor and see if the issue persists on that. If it is only on the ACER monitor, even after removing OC, then I'd say RMA it. Your 1060 shouldn't be struggling on that resolution.

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I haven't had any issues with my ACER gaming monitor, so I'm happy with that. I guess I would be drastic to completely swear of their company for a couple bad tech support experiences, but I definitely wouldn't look at ACER for budget electronics. ASUS would be better IMO.

Remove your OC and see if you still have that issue. It could be a bad OC. Also, check your secondary monitor and see if the issue persists on that. If it is only on the ACER monitor, even after removing OC, then I'd say RMA it. Your 1060 shouldn't be struggling on that resolution.

Actually both monitors are an ACER K2 Series K272HL, My secondary is a 1080p and the problematic one is the 1440p which is a ACER K2 Series K272HUL, And the problem never happens on the secondary monitor :/ and a 200$ ( $50 More ) for just a 27" 1080 at 5ms is pretty expensive :o At least for my wife and i xD

~{ Xelriel }~

2 hours ago, xh3x3nx said:

Actually both monitors are an ACER K2 Series K272HL, My secondary is a 1080p and the problematic one is the 1440p which is a ACER K2 Series K272HUL, And the problem never happens on the secondary monitor :/ and a 200$ ( $50 More ) for just a 27" 1080 at 5ms is pretty expensive :o At least for my wife and i xD

I try to convince my wife it's a necessity. I generally work out the budget fist, then parts after.  Here is the ACER one I got. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DHTWZRQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again, ASUS was more.

If you're having tearing on the 1440p, I'd venture to guess its definitely monitor bound. It shouldn't be having those issues on anything browser related. If you knock resolution down to 1080, and still have the issue, I'd venture to guess its definitely monitor related. I'd send it back. If it's a very recent purchase, you can generally trade through the vendor. I've done that with Amazon a couple times. Prevents me having to go through RMA for something that failed to perform within the first several weeks.

9 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I try to convince my wife it's a necessity. I generally work out the budget fist, then parts after.  Here is the ACER one I got. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DHTWZRQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again, ASUS was more.

If you're having tearing on the 1440p, I'd venture to guess its definitely monitor bound. It shouldn't be having those issues on anything browser related. If you knock resolution down to 1080, and still have the issue, I'd venture to guess its definitely monitor related. I'd send it back. If it's a very recent purchase, you can generally trade through the vendor. I've done that with Amazon a couple times. Prevents me having to go through RMA for something that failed to perform within the first several weeks.

Should i not Send it to ACER ( Even though i got it through Newegg) and see if it might just be the panel that is broken? or should i just return it and find a different monitor? One thing i hate is my monitors looking different than the others which i figured it was smart to buy the same series of monitors, but the 1440p version. I'm pretty messed up in the head over all of this and i am not sure what the best option right now would be. And i have looked at the ASUS monitors over at Newegg, MicroCenter and TigerDirect and they are fairly expensive compared to the ones we own, two $150 monitors and this $220 Monitor, Cheapest we can afford you know? Maybe i should look on amazon...

EDIT: I just found this puppy actually, Think this would be a good replacement? https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB277Q-WQHD-2560x1440-Monitor/dp/B01EN3Z7QQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1493315207&sr=1-3&keywords=ASUS+1440p+monitor

~{ Xelriel }~

11 minutes ago, xh3x3nx said:

Should i not Send it to ACER ( Even though i got it through Newegg) and see if it might just be the panel that is broken? or should i just return it and find a different monitor? One thing i hate is my monitors looking different than the others which i figured it was smart to buy the same series of monitors, but the 1440p version. I'm pretty messed up in the head over all of this and i am not sure what the best option right now would be. And i have looked at the ASUS monitors over at Newegg, MicroCenter and TigerDirect and they are fairly expensive compared to the ones we own, two $150 monitors and this $220 Monitor, Cheapest we can afford you know? Maybe i should look on amazon...

EDIT: I just found this puppy actually, Think this would be a good replacement? https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB277Q-WQHD-2560x1440-Monitor/dp/B01EN3Z7QQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1493315207&sr=1-3&keywords=ASUS+1440p+monitor

If you're within the NewEgg return policy, I'd just return it through them. Because you paid for a monitor, you should have one damnit. Don't RMA. If you seriously RMA right after purchase, your confidence will be shot. I'd get the return. That ASUS looks pretty good. Not sure what Eye Care is, but everything else looks great.  If it's within budget, go for it.

16 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

If you're within the NewEgg return policy, I'd just return it through them. Because you paid for a monitor, you should have one damnit. Don't RMA. If you seriously RMA right after purchase, your confidence will be shot. I'd get the return. That ASUS looks pretty good. Not sure what Eye Care is, but everything else looks great.  If it's within budget, go for it.

One last question, Should i even look at 144Hz monitors?

EDIT: Just issued a Return To Newegg.com and i am going to have to pay for shipping because they did not issue a shipping label :'( Less money to spend on the new monitor plus i do not even have a single buck to send the monitor back :o

~{ Xelriel }~

1 hour ago, xh3x3nx said:

One last question, Should i even look at 144Hz monitors?

EDIT: Just issued a Return To Newegg.com and i am going to have to pay for shipping because they did not issue a shipping label :'( Less money to spend on the new monitor plus i do not even have a single buck to send the monitor back :o

Generally if you argue they will give it back to you. Amazon does that for me when I'm upset about a product not working. I had already paid shipping and it doesn't work. You gotta be an ass. Nice guys finish last.... And pay for shipping.

37 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Generally if you argue they will give it back to you. Amazon does that for me when I'm upset about a product not working. I had already paid shipping and it doesn't work. You gotta be an ass. Nice guys finish last.... And pay for shipping.

Yea actually i was fairly stupid, Just took a bit for the second Email to come through for the Mail order for free shipping and what not, Just came home from UPS and they told me it's a FedEx Shipping Label... I am retarded -_- So back out i go to the right place this time xD ( It does say FedEx on the label )

~{ Xelriel }~