AMD Dual GPU ‘Hawaii-XT’ Card Codenamed ‘Vesuvius’ Coming – R9 290X x2

JamesYang

R9 290x2? I liked the older name scheme better..

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Vesuvius because it's going to spit flames and explode.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/76449-dual-hawaii-xt-graphics-card/

This.

Two chips at 95C within 3 inches of each other? My God man. Melt the PCB why don't you?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Since the threads are gonna be merged anyway

> Why not just call it the R9 295x?

you would need to watercool that and have about 50 rads with nff12s ^_^

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Just call it R9 299X :D

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

should have been an R9 295X that would make room for an R9 295 non x :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

• 4 months later...

you would need to watercool that and have about 50 rads with nff12s ^_^

Watercooling with 50 rads for this card? Thats gonna be like trying to cool a nuclear reactor with a 80mm 1000rpm fan ^^,

Unless you have have molten lava spewing out the back of your pc, i suggest you go get some liquid nitrogen for this one. ;D

Hey AMD,

Fix your goddamn naming.

This should be what... A 8990? Doesn't an actual 8xxx series exist. Or did they just skip over that and get comfy with R5-R9 designations.

Hey AMD,

Fix your goddamn naming.

This should be what... A 8990? Doesn't an actual 8xxx series exist. Or did they just skip over that and get comfy with R5-R9 designations.

The 8XXX series were rebadged 7XXX series GPUs for OEM only things like laptops and such. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

why did you guys have to bump this old thread ugh

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.