Cannot boot to Windows 10 - BSODs

ShadowGamer

I am having difficulty booting into windows 10 as I get a BSOD no matter what I try. When I boot normally, the computer turns on fine, but a few seconds after I login, I get "SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION". This appears to have to do with drivers, so it would make sense that it is only happening after I login, and not on the login page itself. I tried booting into safe mode using the startup settings options (shift click restart), however when I get to the screen where you select the boot option you want with a number or FN keys, it does not do anything after I press I press 4 or F4 (or any other number). I tried a different keyboard and have the same issue. I then tried booting to a windows recovery usb, and get "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". By messing around with boot options, I eventually got to the USB, but then realized I couldn't do an in place upgrade with a usb - you can only do it from a working windows installation. I then tried using command prompt "bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal" but this did not help me get into safe mode. Does anyone have any tips they could give me to fix this problem?

My computer specs are:

i7 6700k

Gigabyte H170M-DS3H

Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G

2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

i7 6700K, Gigabyte 1080ti, Corsair 16GB, 850 Evo 500GB

Corsair Strafe RGB Brown

Is everything seated properly like the ram or your video card or any hardware just check if everything plugged in properly

and you could try moving the memory around to check if it is the socket and you could try it with one memory stick in.

18 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

This may not be a driver problem, but a hardware issue. Have you run your RAM through a few rounds of MemTest or similar?

I have not tried a memory test, but have tried using only one of the two sticks, and in different slots. I will do a memory test soon. Also, I can successfully boot into a Linux live USB without it crashing at all.

16 minutes ago, Colin Donoghue said:

Is everything seated properly like the ram or your video card or any hardware just check if everything plugged in properly

Yes. I just double checked, and get the same issue.

Corsair Strafe RGB Brown

Update: Memtest86 passed successfully on both RAM sticks, so the issue must be Windows related. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Corsair Strafe RGB Brown

If anyone has new help, it would be greatly appreciated. I have added a few minidump files to this post (note that they are all created by the same blue screen, SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION. Note that I was not able to get into windows to get these files-instead I used a recovery usb to copy them to another usb drive. I also tried this guide (again launching the program from cmd): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 but it didn't do anything. Thanks in advance!

042617-6312-01.dmp

042617-16296-01.dmp

042417-8265-01.dmp

042617-6296-01.dmp

Corsair Strafe RGB Brown