Headphones that sound warm? The quest for my perfect headphones.

RGProductions
3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Who cares if they are old now? It doesn't make them any worse and you can get them really cheap now

yeah, hd600/650 are like 20+ years old

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

18 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

All you really would need is an HD650 and a Fulla 2.  So at the current price of the HD650 on Amazon you would be looking at $414 w/o tax.

And a dac. Point is, too expensive!

14 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Who cares if they are old now? It doesn't make them any worse and you can get them really cheap now

Exactly

10 hours ago, spwath said:

yeah, hd600/650 are like 20+ years old

The 600s are, the 650s are a bit newer.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

11 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

And a dac. Point is, too expensive!

Exactly

fulla 2 is a dac/amp combo

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

8 minutes ago, spwath said:

fulla 2 is a dac/amp combo

oh! Lol forgot.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Really cheap? I see that the Creative Aurvana Live! are 60$ on amazon. There's a lot of competition here. And they have a non-removable cable that sucks. And the Status Audio CB-1 is $80. 

4 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Really cheap? I see that the Creative Aurvana Live! are 60$ on amazon. There's a lot of competition here. And they have a non-removable cable that sucks. And the Status Audio CB-1 is $80. 

and they used to be up around 80-90$....

sure there is a lot of competition there, but most of it sucks in one way or another. the Live!'s are still great headphones for the price, there is no way around it. Sure they don't have a removable cable, but it would be outright idiotic to not recommend a headphone because it doesn't have a removable cable. (not calling you an idiot, just want to make that clear)

Do you really want to use CB-1s on the go? I sure don't, bulky, cheap plastic and ugly, the ugly doesn't really matter to me, but the other two does.

6 hours ago, RGProductions said:

the driver in them aren't, as far as I know then their driver was first used in the HD 580 precision's which are still good headphones, they sound like a mix of HD600's and HD650's. Plus they were released around 1993 and then a jubilee version was released in 95/96 that sounds a lot like the HD600's, because they tweaked the deiver. The HD600's appeared in 1997.... So yeah HD600's are 20 years old now and still among the best in their budget. (tells you how little age matters in audio)

I might be wrong about the driver stuff, but no matter what the HD600's are 20 years now.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I do not remember the details, but the HD 600 now uses the same driver as the HD 650, which was a new development from the HD 580/600 before. The baffle material has also undergone a number of revisions, as have the pads.

I am not recommending the CB-1 because the treble can be harsh. And yeah, non-removable cables are a major dealbreaker (for me, at least) because I never had a headphone with a non-removable cable work for more than ~12 months. The audio jack always fails. It doesn't matter if it's angled or not, or if the cable is thick.