List Some Programming Ideas... What Should I Create?

What Should I Program?

I'm Kind of Out of Ideas...

So I'm a itermediate programmer, and I've created websites and extensions and other web related items, but I'm looking branch out of web development. I want to create something new, but there's just so many options and I can't decide on one, so I was hoping you guys could list some ideas for what an intermediate (~2 yrs.) programmer can create? I'm really bored so anything exciting would be great!

A neural network type program in Node that can tell if the picture of a chair you supplied it is finished with wood, mesh, cloth, leather or suede 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

You know ruby?

Learn ruby.

Then learn ruby on rails.

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

A game (Mario, Snake, Bomberman, etc) in assembly/C for a Raspberry Pi? :D Something along these lines: 

Okay on a serious note, I wrote Reversi in my first year at university (granted it was in Python and I had 3 other people who barely contributed helping me) but you sound like you should be skilled enough to take any board game you want and be able to make it so that's an idea. Especially since you could make it in basically any language which would allow you to pick whichever language you want to learn or are good at.

On 23.4.2017 at 3:57 AM, Hazy125 said:

A neural network type program in Node that can tell if the picture of a chair you supplied it is finished with wood, mesh, cloth, leather or suede 

I wouldn't expect that to be very efficient or accurate. xD 

But machine learning is a very interesting topic which can come in very handy if you're planning to become a professional. You probably won't create anything new as a beginner, but there are some great (free!) resources out there to help you get started.