RX Vega

AMDPRO

I am starting this thread to gather as much information as is possible about the upcoming RX vega release.  I hope you guys are as hyped for it as I am!

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

5 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

I am starting this thread to gather as much information as is possible about the upcoming RX vega release.  I hope you guys are as hyped for it as I am!

If its good i am going to upgrade to it :D

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

From the thing we already know, its supposedly will!

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

What is disappointing about it?

Just now, XboxCarsForza said:

It's kind of disappointing considering how good ryzen is!

13 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

You know that those two pics were faked by WCCF for April Fools, right?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1600 Mhz with 4096 SM's when the 480's/580's having 2308 struggle a ton to reach 1500 through overclocking? No way.

1 minute ago, Hunter-97-G said:

1600 Mhz with 4096 SM's when the 480's/580's having 2308 struggle a ton to reach 1500 through overclocking? No way.

It's not true, read my post:

10 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Wooo HBM because memory bandwidth is always what limits my framerates... has anyone ever been limited by vram bandwidth? That didn't even matter on a 970.

Just now, DocSwag said:

It's not true, read my post:

I know it's not true, but it's always fun to talk about it. My optimistic prediction is 1400Mhz, which would make for 11.4 tflops. That would make it a significant improvement over the 1080 (15% or so), though it would lag like another 15% behind the Ti. The top model that is, which I guess will be sold for 550-600. A cut down VEGA for around 400-450 would be great to see, too.

Just now, Hunter-97-G said:

I know it's not true, but it's always fun to talk about it. My optimistic prediction is 1400Mhz, which would make for 11.4 tflops. That would make it a significant improvement over the 1080 (15% or so), though it would lag like another 15% behind the Ti. The top model that is, which I guess will be sold for 550-600. A cut down VEGA for around 400-450 would be great to see, too.

I agree, most likely the flagship Vega will be between the 1080 and 1080 ti, with the cut down version being around the 1080 ish.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Hunter-97-G said:

This is the* problem with teraflops. More cores and lower frequency is much less likely to be utilised than fewer cores at higher frequency, while being apparently equivalent.

...ok it's not the problem with teraflops. The real problem is that as a measure it's, uh, bollocks.

Just now, othertomperson said:

This is the problem with teraflops. More cores and lower frequency is much less likely to be utilised than fewer cores at higher frequency, while being apparently equivalent.

Not to mention that there are other things that affect performance per core as well.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

I agree, most likely the flagship Vega will be between the 1080 and 1080 ti, with the cut down version being around the 1080 ish.

Looks like a R9 Fury- Fury X situation all over again.

1 minute ago, othertomperson said:

This is the problem with teraflops. More cores and lower frequency is much less likely to be utilised than fewer cores at higher frequency, while being apparently equivalent.

Yes, the architecture of AMD even with the advatage of 14nm FinFET is still a bit less efficient than what Nvidia has on Pascal, which is pretty much Maxwell on 16nm with more CUDAs and dope clockspeeds.

Just now, Hunter-97-G said:

Yes, the architecture of AMD even with the advatage of 14nm FinFET is still a bit less efficient than what Nvidia has on Pascal, which is pretty much Maxwell on 16nm with more CUDAs and dope clockspeeds.

Honestly I think 14nm Samsung/GloFo is worse than 16nm TSMC, as evidenced by the lower clock speeds of the 1050 and 1050 ti, though Nvidia is still a little ahead of AMD when it comes to power efficiency, as evidenced by the 1050 vs 460.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Honestly I think 14nm Samsung/GloFo is worse than 16nm TSMC, as evidenced by the lower clock speeds of the 1050 and 1050 ti, though Nvidia is still a little ahead of AMD when it comes to power efficiency, as evidenced by the 1050 vs 460.

We'll see about VEGA's efficiency, if the top card is between the 1080 and the Ti 220W would make sense, and like 200 for the cut down version, but who knows, probably they'll run 250W or even 275 like the 390 series and the Furies.

5 hours ago, Hunter-97-G said:

It's a different gpu architecture so it's possible

5 hours ago, DocSwag said:

I dought that as they have released trailers in china that appear very similar and those came after April 1st

17 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

I dought that as they have released trailers in china that appear very similar and those came after April 1st

That wouldn't make sense that they appear IN THE EXACT SAME FORM afterwards and they were legit. It's impossible for wccf to have predicted EXACTLY what the slides would've looked like, every pixel accurately.

That's not to mention that the Rage X2 Fury has the pcie slot out of place lol.

Plus the card in the picture has no fan or vents, which makes even less sense.

These pics weren't shown before april 1st, so if these exact pics were shown afterwards they were copies of these which are FAKE.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

It's a different gpu architecture so it's possible

GCN just doesn't clock that high. That's just how it is.

Even Pascal doesn't have 1600 MHz stock on Samsung 14nm, but rather 1400 or so MHz. It's not gonna happen.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

10 hours ago, DocSwag said:

GCN just doesn't clock that high. That's just how it is.

Even Pascal doesn't have 1600 MHz stock on Samsung 14nm, but rather 1400 or so MHz. It's not gonna happen.

The 1080ti has a base clock at 1569 which makes 1600 pheasable 

12 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

The 1080ti has a base clock at 1569 which makes 1600 pheasable 

And it's on TSMC 16nm.

There's a reason why the 1050 and 1050 ti don't clock as high as a 1080 ti. They're made at Samsung instead of TSMC.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's fun to see all those speculations. Everyone knows Vega is coming, but AMD keeps doing shit with their marketing. What did we have so far ? "Poor Volta" in the first trailer ? The naming "RX Vega" ? Tee-shirts ? And Doom at 4K with a tad more fps than a 1080 with Vulkan ? Come on... I'd be itching to get a 1080/1080 Ti if I were in the market for a GPU right now, AMD is teasing Vega for too long with too little useful specs. 

But yeah, 1600MHz seems hard to reach, but who knows, maybe with all these secrets AMD is keeping, we'll have something completely breathtaking ! Titan XpPpP perf for 1070 price ! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits