How do I connect case fans to a motherboard

IAR117

Case- P400S, stock fans

Motherboard Z97 Anniversary

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

you just plug it into the motherboard fan headers?

I think I've got some weird connections, I'll post a pic of it

6 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

I think I've got some weird connections, I'll post a pic of it

You probably have fans with molex connectors then. Those would plug straight into your PSU.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Yes, no need to post pictures of your MB, they are already online. But if the connectors don't fit, post the connectors at your fans.

yea youll need to post the connector on the fan could be a number of options could be a proprietary case fan header as well

I'm pretty sure the Phanteks P400s comes with a PWM Fan hub, so I highly doubt the stock fans are on a molex connector.

Just read your case manual, it very clearly describes how to install and use the fan hub, check your motherboard manual (or picture above) on where to plug things into.

Does you mum know you're here?

Just got it lmao, me being stupid. Can I plug one of them into PWR Fan?

34 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

I believe you plug PWM fans into the connectors with the 4pin connectors on the motherboard. They will power on with the 3pin connectors but you won't be able to control the speed.

5 hours ago, IAR117 said:

A pwr_fan header will run the fan at 100% rpm. If you're fine with that, go ahead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

A pwr_fan header will run the fan at 100% rpm. If you're fine with that, go ahead.

Are there any other places to plug in the fans? Also can't I change the speed of the PWR FAN 1 fan?

1 hour ago, IAR117 said:

Are there any other places to plug in the fans? Also can't I change the speed of the PWR FAN 1 fan?

Check on mobo's manual. Trust me, thats best place to find answers to your questions. Your mobo has 1xCPU PWM, 2x chassis PWM's, CPU 3pin and said PWR 3pin. And according to manual, PWR fan doesn't have control chip. All others are controllable, CPU 1&2 with single controller, so maybe not individually.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv