Amount of Tubes

Guest Storm10

How many tubes would I need?

7 minutes ago, Storm10 said:

How many tubes would I need?

If you're a beginner then get a lot. Depending on the size, like a 50cm long tube then get about 10.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

what kind of tubes? what kind of loop? you can easily measure this out by planning the positioning of all the fittings and then looking at the distance between them. 

if you go hardline i highly suggest you get more than you need tough, as you might kink some bends when first starting.

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

what kind of tubes? what kind of loop? you can easily measure this out by planning the positioning of all the fittings and then looking at the distance between them. 

if you go hardline i highly suggest you get more than you need tough, as you might kink some bends when first starting.

EK-HD PETG Tube 12/16mm 500mm, and I do not what kind of loop I'm going to do yet?

53 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Rule of thumb is to get double of what you think you need. And remember the silicon insert if you plan to bend them.

What is silicon insert?

11 minutes ago, Storm10 said:

EK-HD PETG Tube 12/16mm 500mm, and I do not what kind of loop I'm going to do yet?

well, you should figure out what kind of loop you want before buying the parts :P

also, that's hardline tubing, so you need a special insert to make the bends. if you try to bend it without some kind of insert you are prety much guaranteed to mess up your corners. 

here's a silicon bending insert -> http://www.performance-pcs.com/primochill-3-8in-od-rigid-tube-silicone-bending-insert-solid-cord-3-foot-for-3-8in-id-rigid-tube.html

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

well, you should figure out what kind of loop you want before buying the parts :P

also, that's hardline tubing, so you need a special insert to make the bends. if you try to bend it without some kind of insert you are prety much guaranteed to mess up your corners. 

here's a silicon bending insert -> http://www.performance-pcs.com/primochill-3-8in-od-rigid-tube-silicone-bending-insert-solid-cord-3-foot-for-3-8in-id-rigid-tube.html

So, you put the silicone insert in when you're bending and take it out after you're done bending?

1 minute ago, Storm10 said:

So, you put the silicone insert in when you're bending and take it out after you're done bending?

yep! this prevents the tube from kinking when it's soft. you should put it in, then heat up the tube & bend it, let it cool off and take it out again.

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

yep! this prevents the tube from kinking when it's soft. you should put it in, then heat up the tube & bend it, let it cool off and take it out again.

Thanks, didn't know that!

2 minutes ago, Storm10 said:

Thanks, didn't know that!

Read the stickies on watercooling in this forum and look up singularity computers and jayztwocents on you tube for video guides on how to do hardline.

you need to do more research before getting your feet wet.

17 hours ago, RollinLower said:

What is maximum amount tubes I can have?