Should I buy this monitor? AOC agon 1440p, 27inch, 165hz

WilliDK

Hello Everyone

My name is William and I am going to buy a new monitor.

Therefore I need some advice quickly :)

I am currently choosing between:

- AOC Agon AG271qg -  SPECS: 165hz, 1440p, 27inch, IPS and some other cools stuff.

- Some 4k monitor with the same specs. Besides it having 60hz.

I am mainly gonna use the monitor for programming, graphical design and video editing, some gaming hereNthere and web browsing obviously.

The main factor is that I can save 150 dollars on the AOC monitor, so it only costs 650 dollars.

So I have 3 questions.

1. Should I go for the AOC monitor or the 4k monitor?

2. Do you have any suggestions for some good 4k monitors, with IPS, 4ms, 27inch or above, for less than 700 dollars max. Or maybe some cheaper ones for less than 650 dollars?

3. Do you know any sites where you can compare all monitors (already know PCpartpicker)?

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend.

- William

I have it and it its awesome... for games. If you don't spend a lot of time in games then isn't it kinda waste to get so expensive monitor for programming?

Go for it if you want an enjoyable gaming experience

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Hey Williams, 

Look you do both editing and programming, now thats a problem. I think you should go for the AOC monitor as it offers a lot of features for less money, but the problem  is that it happens to have 2k resolution. But yes it offers you IPS display. So my advice is that you take the AOC monitor, as it won't cause problem in editing and offer you more fun in gaming and slow motion editing. 

And yes if you are going for other 4k res monitor, go for 34"inch ultrawide monitors from LG or Samsung or Dell. 

Cheers

the AOC doesn't have 2k Resolution, it has WQHD / 1440p ^^"

Btw, beeing an "slower IPS" panel with 4 ms instead of 1 doesn't mean anything, even for Gaming (except maybe for some SLIGHT ghosting).

The problem is the HORRIBLE quality control. Or let me say, non-existent.

The AOC Monitor uses an AHVA Panel from AU-Optronics, which suffers from backlightbleed, dead pixels, etc etc etc. Forums are full of people complaining (the same issue with Acer/Asus/Viewsonig(Eizo with the same specs (IPS Panel with 27", 1440p and 144+ Hz (Freesync or g-Sync doesnt matter).

Many people tried like 5-10 units, and every single one has issues.

I tried only 1, and mine had pretty hard backlightbleeding. Oderall not that bad, but in the corners there were small but concentrated backlightbleeding spots. It bothered me, so i returned it (i'm actually more happy with TN now tbh.... lol. And yes, i would prefer VA or IPS over TN anytime of the day, if those "quality issues" were not present.)

So far to the facts... You can of course try it, and return if not good. There is a good chance, you might not even notice this, or get a good unit. If you do, you will have a very nice Monitor. ^^

But list your PC Parts before you buy. This Monitor does have G-Sync, and this Monitor only makes sense, if you use an Nvidia GPU for Gaming.