How much will my CPU bottleneck?

Hello i want to know how much ( not IF ) my cpu will bottleneck , i want to upgrade to a high end card , even though i know i dont really have the cpu for it.

my cpu is a amd fx 8350  AM3 Socket  with 32gb of DDR3 ram. ( i am planning to upgrade these but these things wont be upgraded soon )

i've checked a site to see what things would bottleneck my cpu. and so far it has said    1080 (13% bottleneck)   and a titan x ( 15% bottleneck ) it wasn't able to check for 1080ti and titan xp which was a bummer.

15% was still in the green area though so you'd still get "most" out of it but not its full potential. which i can deal with i can always upgrade my stuff later. but for now i'd have to live with a high-end gpu and a mid-end cpu.

how much would it bottleneck my cpu? i should still be in the green area if its under 20% bottleneck , and what would you recommend me getting out of the high end cards. in depth answers would be greatly appreciated. i am clearly not the best at this computer stuff but i really love it.

1 minute ago, Timotarius said:

i've checked a site to see what things would bottleneck my cpu. and so far it has said    1080 (13% bottleneck)   and a titan x ( 15% bottleneck ) it wasn't able to check for 1080ti and titan xp which was a bummer.

15% was still in the green area though so you'd still get "most" out of it but not its full potential. which i can deal with i can always upgrade my stuff later. but for now i'd have to live with a high-end gpu and a mid-end cpu.

what is this site? 

7 minutes ago, Timotarius said:

Hello i want to know how much ( not IF ) my cpu will bottleneck , i want to upgrade to a high end card , even though i know i dont really have the cpu for it.

my cpu is a amd fx 8350  AM3 Socket  with 32gb of DDR3 ram. ( i am planning to upgrade these but these things wont be upgraded soon )

how much would it bottleneck my cpu? i should still be in the green area if its under 20% bottleneck , and what would you recommend me getting out of the high end cards. in depth answers would be greatly appreciated. i am clearly not the best at this computer stuff but i really love it.

Each game utilize cpu differently so there is no simple answer to your question 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

My bottle is better at determining bottleneck than that site

You laugh but  my old Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40GHz was causing a 15-18% drop in performance/FPS compared to my new i7 7700K with a GTX1080

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Each game utilize cpu differently so there is no simple answer to your question 

For me this was most apparent in GTAV, Watchdogs/Watchdogs 2, CitySylines and Witcher 3

9 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

You laugh but  my old Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40GHz was causing a 15-18% drop in performance/FPS compared to my new i7 7700K with a GTX1080

Well, the i7-4930K is slower than the i7-7700K (3.9GHz turbo vs. 4.5GHz turbo) and most games today cap out at 8 threads. And it depends on the game.

Also that website you mentioned said the i7-4930K "will work great together"

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, the i7-4930K is slower than the i7-7700K (3.9GHz turbo vs. 4.5GHz turbo) and most games today cap out at 8 threads. And it depends on the game.

Also that website you mentioned said the i7-4930K "will work great together"

Stupid copy paste, it was a 4790 no K, sorry (used to be from an old Lenovo Erazer)

You're gonna have like a 13% bottleneck.

The geek himself.

Split the money for at least a i5 7600k and a gtx 1070 instead.

The geek himself.

What is your current GPU...Also If you will upgrade later(however long later implies) and have the money to get a 1080ti...then get the 1080ti and upgrade cpu etc...later. I would not stress too much about it. Unless you are going to wait years to upgrade your cpu platform

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

1 minute ago, Spudbilly said:

What is your current GPU...Also If you will upgrade later(however long later implies) and have the money to get a 1080ti...then get the 1080ti and upgrade cpu etc...later. I would not stress too much about it. Unless you are going to wait years to upgrade your cpu platform

I am indeed planning to upgrade the cpu and motherboard+ram in like a year or less.  my current GPU is a geforce 960 (2gb)

Just now, Timotarius said:

I am indeed planning to upgrade the cpu and motherboard+ram in like a year or less.  my current GPU is a geforce 960 (2gb)

1080ti and dont worry about it...if it fits your budget. If you wanna spend less get a 1080 or 980ti

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset