Panasonic GH5 v.s. Fujifilm X-T2?

Hey everyone,

Would absolutely love some help/insight here.... I'm looking to get a new camera for both photo and video (not sure which one i'll be shooting more of at the moment), and have been researching:

Panasonic GH5: https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DC-GH5KBODY-Mirrorless-Camera-Bluetooth/dp/B01MZ3LQQ5

with this lens: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic-lumix-42-5mm-f-1-7-g-asph-optical-telephoto-lens-for-micro-four-thirds-black/4331867.p?skuId=4331867

Fujifilm X-T2: https://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-X-T2-Mirrorless-Digital-Body/dp/B01I3LNMAM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491359469&sr=1-3&keywords=fujifilm+X-T2

with this lens: https://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-16418649-Fujinon-XF56mmF1-2-R/dp/B00HK8Z9AG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491359741&sr=1-1&keywords=fujinon+56mm+1.2

Clearly I'm allocating more money for a better lens on the fuji, considering the lesser price of its body. But I feel the more research I do, the more torn I become between the two. They both seem stellar, with the fujifilm being more focused on photos it seems, and the panasonic focused on videos. My main requirement for videos is 4k and good/fast autofocus while recording, and have heard people are disappointed with the GH5's autofocusing. 60fps at 4k isn't really a big deal for me, so which camera do you guys suggest I go with?

Again, any insight would be phenomenal. Thanks!

I am honestly in the same boat moving from a 7D Mark II. I am leaning more towards the GH5. For video are both cameras going to be used for fun? If not you shouldn't be using auto focus anyways

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

7 minutes ago, SamStrecker said:

I am honestly in the same boat moving from a 7D Mark II. I am leaning more towards the GH5. For video are both cameras going to be used for fun? If not you shouldn't be using auto focus anyways

For fun absolutely, but I am actually heavily considering starting a youtube channel, in which I would be in front of the camera. So I would need it to be focused on me when I move around, go in and out of frame, etc. I have heard though since the new update came out for the X-T2, the autofocus has improved dramatically. Still not sure which to lean towards though...

Personally I would probably go with the Fuji if you are planning to take pictures. It has good enough video and its AF and image quality will most likley be better. But if you are mainly doing video, or almost only video the GH5 may be good. 

Have you thought about a Sony A6300/6500? 

I would say one of those fits in the same catagory. Great video (except for some rolling shutter) and great stills. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

What is your budget? Those lenses are going to be quite long given the crop factors. Have you considered a wider option?

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

2 hours ago, cc143 said:

What is your budget? Those lenses are going to be quite long given the crop factors. Have you considered a wider option?

I'm looking to keep the budget between $2300 - $2500. In what way do you mean they'd be long? I am open to other lens options, these were just two of my favorites that I picked out after reading tons of "Best Fuji Lenses" or "Best Panasonic Lenses" articles.

8 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

Personally I would probably go with the Fuji if you are planning to take pictures. It has good enough video and its AF and image quality will most likley be better. But if you are mainly doing video, or almost only video the GH5 may be good. 

Have you thought about a Sony A6300/6500? 

I would say one of those fits in the same catagory. Great video (except for some rolling shutter) and great stills. 

I haven't considered it until you mentioned it and I looked it up, it does seem like another good option. i only researched it for a bit, but would I be correct to say it would rank third out of the three in terms of photo and video quality? The articles/videos I've seen were direct comparisons between the three cameras

7 minutes ago, SteGA said:

I'm looking to keep the budget between $2300 - $2500. In what way do you mean they'd be long? I am open to other lens options, these were just two of my favorites that I picked out after reading tons of "Best Fuji Lenses" or "Best Panasonic Lenses" articles.

I haven't considered it until you mentioned it and I looked it up, it does seem like another good option. i only researched it for a bit, but would I be correct to say it would rank third out of the three in terms of photo and video quality? The articles/videos I've seen were direct comparisons between the three cameras

I mean that on the gh5 and xt 2  those lenses would give an 82mm equivalent field of view, which is quite telephoto, i.e. zoomed in a lot. And I hope the cameras don't add crop when shooting 4k as well like the 5d4 or d500. 

I would personally go with an a6500 and possibly a 35mm lens and a 10-18mm if I could afford it instead. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

6 minutes ago, cc143 said:

I mean that on the gh5 that those lenses would give an 82mm equivalent field of view, which is quite telephoto, i.e. zoomed in a lot. And I hope the cameras don't add crop when shooting 4k as well like the 5d4 or d500. 

I would personally go with an a6500 and possibly a 35mm lens and a 10-18mm if I could afford it instead. 

Very good point, I seem to have overlooked that. I'll still have to look more into the a6500 (which has overheating issues, no?), but do you have any recommendations for Panasonic or Fuji Lenses based on what i'm looking for? Obviously for video i'll be shooting in a tight room, so you're right, the lenses I linked to are too long.

EDIT: I know this Fuji lense is great as well, and its 16mm (32mm equivalent): https://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-XF-16mm-F1-4-WR/dp/B00W6VZLFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491402146&sr=1-1&keywords=fujinon+16mm

40 minutes ago, SteGA said:

For stills I would go with the A6500 every day. Video wise is a bit harder though considering it has two flaws. Some rolling shutter, and some overheating issues but I think it isn't too bad unless you will do long shots at 10+ min all the time. 

It does have in body stabilization witch is nice and the best AF out of the three. The GH5 is the worst in AF, or from what I read its quite bad at AF in general. 

But as said on video its a harder choice. 

4 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

For stills I would go with the A6500 every day. Video wise is a bit harder though considering it has two flaws. Some rolling shutter, and some overheating issues but I think it isn't too bad unless you will do long shots at 10+ min all the time. 

It does have in body stabilization witch is nice and the best AF out of the three. The GH5 is the worst in AF, or from what I read its quite bad at AF in general. 

But as said on video its a harder choice. 

Well this just became a considerably harder choice :S It does look like the sony lense family is scarce compared to fuji and panasonic though, and they are generally more expensive.

2 hours ago, SteGA said:

Well this just became a considerably harder choice :S It does look like the sony lense family is scarce compared to fuji and panasonic though, and they are generally more expensive.

The lenses are quite expensive, yes, but I find most of the well built and good. And of course you can adapt a lot of other lenses. But I do still see you considering this. 

However I wouldn't say there is that many more lenses for Fuji's X mount. Panasonic defentivly has the most lens options. Sony and fuji are quite similar imo. 

Really I don't think you would be dissapointed with any of these cameras at all. If I had to chose it would be between the Fuji and Sony though for the better stills and smaller bodies as I do a lot more photography than videography. My best tip is always to go and try the cameras in a store. See how they feel in the hand, how you like the size, menu system, buttons and things like focusing or EVF's. 

6 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

The lenses are quite expensive, yes, but I find most of the well built and good. And of course you can adapt a lot of other lenses. But I do still see you considering this. 

However I wouldn't say there is that many more lenses for Fuji's X mount. Panasonic defentivly has the most lens options. Sony and fuji are quite similar imo. 

Really I don't think you would be dissapointed with any of these cameras at all. If I had to chose it would be between the Fuji and Sony though for the better stills and smaller bodies as I do a lot more photography than videography. My best tip is always to go and try the cameras in a store. See how they feel in the hand, how you like the size, menu system, buttons and things like focusing or EVF's. 

That was my next step, going to check out the cameras in store. Now just to find a store that has them. I think i'm leaning a bit more heavily on the X-T2, I keep reading fantastic testimonials, but we'll see. Thank you so much for taking the time to help! Really appreciate it

Just now, SteGA said:

That was my next step, going to check out the cameras in store. Now just to find a store that has them. I think i'm leaning a bit more heavily on the X-T2, I keep reading fantastic testimonials, but we'll see. Thank you so much for taking the time to help! Really appreciate it

Np, what lenses have you considerd? I'd defentivly reccomend the XT-2 though for its stellar reviews. Kinda want one myself. 

4 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Np, what lenses have you considerd? I'd defentivly reccomend the XT-2 though for its stellar reviews. Kinda want one myself. 

I'm definitely interested in the XF16mm f1.4 here: https://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-XF-16mm-F1-4-WR/dp/B00W6VZLFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491402146&sr=1-1&keywords=fujinon+16mm

How do you think it would fair photography wise? I'm mainly considering it cause it's a great option for filming in a tight space, so the camera doesn't have to be too far away from me

Everything you have considered thus far is a prime lens I believe, Why not look at a versatile zoom? 

This looks like a good standard focal length zooom: https://www.amazon.com/Fujinon-XF16-55mmF2-8-R-LM-WR/dp/B00RSQTDMA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491418710&sr=1-1&keywords=xf+16-55mm+f2.8

This looks like a good wideanlge: 

https://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-16412188-Fujinon-XF10-24mmF4-OIS/dp/B00FPKDPF2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491418789&sr=1-1&keywords=xf+10-24mm

And this would be another option for a standard zoom: https://www.amazon.com/Fujinon-XF18-55mmF2-8-4-R-LM-OIS/dp/B0092MD6S0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491418827&sr=1-1&keywords=xf+18-55mm

The lens choice is pretty slim on the fuji that is true, even though I do sort of like the camera, It's just that I'm not entirely sure I can justify spending that much on a crop body or even worse, on crop lenses. (I mean that's a ~$1000 prime!). I'm also not sure if the fuji system is worth investing in. Why not go with Sony and have the ability to go for the a7riii or whatever in the future if you can?  

@xQubeZx correct me if I'm wrong, but crop sony bodies can take FF lenses can they not? 

If that is the case, why not the a6500 with an ultrawide angle zoom for FF, which would be in the standard range on APS-C and collect lenses that way and maybe upgrade to a FF in the future. I assume, you can do with a 16-35mm on APS-C and maybe a 35mm f/1.8 or f1.4 or whatever there is on the sony side. 

2 minutes ago, cc143 said:

Everything you have considered thus far is a prime lens I believe, Why not look at a versatile zoom? 

This looks like a good standard focal length zooom: https://www.amazon.com/Fujinon-XF16-55mmF2-8-R-LM-WR/dp/B00RSQTDMA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491418710&sr=1-1&keywords=xf+16-55mm+f2.8

https://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-16412188-Fujinon-XF10-24mmF4-OIS/dp/B00FPKDPF2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491418789&sr=1-1&keywords=xf+10-24mm

And this would be another option for a standard zoom: https://www.amazon.com/Fujinon-XF18-55mmF2-8-4-R-LM-OIS/dp/B0092MD6S0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491418827&sr=1-1&keywords=xf+18-55mm

The lens choice is pretty slim on the fuji that is true, even though I do sort of like the camera, It's just that I'm not entirely sure I can justify spending that much on a crop body or even worse, on crop lenses. (I mean that's a ~$1000 prime!). I'm also not sure if the fuji system is worth investing in. Why not go with Sony and have the ability to go for the a7riii or whatever in the future if you can?  

@xQubeZx correct me if I'm wrong, but crop sony bodies can take FF lenses can they not? 

If that is the case, why not the a6500 with an ultrawide angle zoom for FF, which would be in the standard range on APS-C and collect lenses that way and maybe upgrade to a FF in the future. I assume, you can do with a 16-35mm on APS-C and maybe a 35mm f/1.8 or f1.4 or whatever there is on the sony side. 

You can mount Full Frame Sony E glass without troubles on the cropped bodies. They are quite a bit more expensive though but I can name several fullframe lenses I would use on my cropped body if I could afford them. The 70-200 f/4 seems to be a popular choice together with the A6300/A6500. Defentivly the best kit if you shoot extreme sports in less than ideal locations where you want to keep the weight and size down. Or well, that kit is usable for basically everything. 

8 minutes ago, cc143 said:

Once again, you make a great point. I was talking to one of my friends who does photography, he recommended the a6500 as well. Which of the 2 would you say takes better photos though? Also, any lens recommendations for sony aside from the 70-200 f/4?

3 minutes ago, SteGA said:

Once again, you make a great point. I was talking to one of my friends who does photography, he recommended the a6500 as well. Which of the 2 would you say takes better photos though? Also, any lens recommendations for sony aside from the 70-200 f/4?

The sensors perform so close its the photographer behind the camera that will decide that imo. What lenses you pair it with will however affect the sharpness. But on the Fuji side I'd probably say you can't go wrong. On Sony I'd stay away from the kit zoom and I highly reccomend the Sigmas, and almost all Sony lenses above 300US perform very well as far as I know. The Zeiss Batis line is very good but costs a premium. The new 85 1.8 is said to be very good. The 10-18 is said to be nice but is kinda overpriced, try to find a used. The G master line is basically like Canons L series.

I thought the fuji took better photos which is why i was leaning more towards it. If thats not the case, then im definitely considering the a6500.

With that said, what do you think of this lens? https://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-RK21M-E-Speed-Angle-Black/dp/B015IUDPJE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=mirrorlesscamerasnet-20&linkId=74a75f1bb1faf5a2f1c72e298877e785

Would be up for anything lense wise honestly. Low aperature is somewhat a priority

1 minute ago, SteGA said:

I thought the fuji took better photos which is why i was leaning more towards it. If thats not the case, then im definitely considering the a6500.

With that said, what do you think of this lens? https://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-RK21M-E-Speed-Angle-Black/dp/B015IUDPJE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=mirrorlesscamerasnet-20&linkId=74a75f1bb1faf5a2f1c72e298877e785

The differences in image quality is so tiny its not worth considering imo. Things like body, buttons, focusing, and features are a lot more deciding on what to get in my mind. 

It's a manual focus only lens and will be about 30mm on a cropped body. However I think it is a good lens. Can also reccomend the Rokinon 12mm f/2 if you want more wide angle. 

10 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

The differences in image quality is so tiny its not worth considering imo. Things like body, buttons, focusing, and features are a lot more deciding on what to get in my mind. 

It's a manual focus only lens and will be about 30mm on a cropped body. However I think it is a good lens. Can also reccomend the Rokinon 12mm f/2 if you want more wide angle. 

Oh I didn't notice it was manual focus. Are there any lenses in particular you would recommend that would be good for both photo and video?

The two have similar sensors, the sony will perform better in low light and has a higher native maximum ISO. But are very similar image quality wise. 

There's the 10-18mm ultrawide, the 16-35mm is nice but quite overpriced imo. The e mount kit 16-50mm is indeed quite awful, 

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SEL1018-10-18mm-Wide-Angle-Zoom/dp/B0096W1ONK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491421725&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+10-18mm

The 35mm 1.8

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SEL35F18-35mm-Prime-Fixed/dp/B0096W1P5W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491421820&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+35mm

And there's the 16-70mm f/4 for a standard zoom:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SEL1670Z-Vario-Tessar-16-70mm-OSS/dp/B00ENZRPG0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491421915&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+16-70mm+f4+za+oss

6 minutes ago, SteGA said:

Oh I didn't notice it was manual focus. Are there any lenses in particular you would recommend that would be good for both photo and video?

I can list a few AF ones that cover a lot of price ranges.

FE basically says it fits on the Full frame Sonys aswell which the regular APS-C lenses wont, or well, the glass is slightly to small to cover the entire full frame sensor.

• Sony 10-18 f/4
  • Sony FE 16-34 f/4
  • Sony 35 f/1.8
  • Sigma 30 f/1.4
  • Sigma 60 f/2.8
  • Sigma 30 f/2.8
  • Sony FE 85 f/1.8
  • Sony FE G master 84 f/1.4
  • Sony FE 70-200 f/4
  • Sony 16-70 f/4
  • Sony 18-105 f/4
  • Sony 55-210 f/4.5-6.3 (Not the sharpest but the best tele zoom option if you won't be getting the 70-200 imo)
  • Rokinon 12 f/2 (This one is MF but amazing for shooting the nightsky)
  • Sony 55 f/1.8

These are probably the ones I would reccomend. They all vary in prices ranging from 200-1000US, except for the 70-200 and 85 f/1.4 which are more like 1500US. All these lenses will perform very well and fits most people. I did not count in lenses above 1000US as I don't think you would be to intrested in those, but if you are just ask. There we find the lovley f/1.4 primes or f/2.8 zooms.

If you are only getting one two I'd get the 18-105 and the 35 1.8. The 18-105 is an affordable allround zoom and the 35 1.8 is a sharp portrait lens for a pretty good price. Both have image stabilization wich are sweet for handheld video. But keep in mind the A6500 has a stabalized sensor in the body. 

If you are nerdy you can adapt almost any lens, however most will only MF except for a few Sigma ART's and Canon EF's that have half decent AF speeds with an expensive adapter (~300US) 

5 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

Actually bad rolling shutter if one is not careful.  Especially when panning horizontally or filming scenes where there are horizontally moving elements.  But you can minimize this by filming in a high frame rate and conforming in post to the more standard frame rate you might prefer.  E.g. Film the scene in 1080p 120fps, and conform it to 24p in post.

Overheating issues, not as bad as some people claim.

Remember, I own a A6500.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

@AkiraDaarkst @xQubeZx @cc143

Ok so i've cut it down to two body + lens options:

1. Sony a6500 with 35mm f/1.8 OSS Lens - $1,846.00

2. Fujifilm X-T2 with XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS Zoom Lens - $1899.00

The Fuji is still in contention due to its dual SD slots and longer battery life (even longer with battery grip, which I plan on getting down the road). The a6500 has no such option for a battery grip if i'm not mistaken?

With that said, which do you guys think is the better option? Again, thank you guys so much for the help! You've been extremely knowledgable and kind about everything