Math question

DAGEEK

i am helping my sister with her homework and was wondering what the difference was between a right angle and a reflex angle txs in advance

Reflex is just another way of saying more than 180. Right angle is just a perfect 90 degree angle

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Right angle is always equal to 90* and a reflex angle is greater than 180* and less than 360*.

Right angles vote conservative and Republican

A reflex is similar to the red dot sight

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

A right angle is always pi/2...

Lmao, knowing how he didn't know the answer to his quesiton, I highly doubt he'll get radians...

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Right angle is always equal to 90* and a reflex angle is greater than 180* and less than 360*.

you might want to clarify that by > kpi < 2kpi

Error: 410

Lmao, knowing how he didn't know the answer to his quesiton, I highly doubt he'll get radians...

Eh, I've never heard it called a reflex angle.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

you might want to clarify that by > kpi < 2kpi

That's horrible form. You never have equality signs going in different directions.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

That's horrible form. You never have equality signs going in different directions.

it get's the points across when I'm to lazy, if you read it allowed it works fine. 

Error: 410

Now comes the question... Who to select as best answer.. @DAGEEK

seems that honour will not be bestowed in this thread

Im still waiting..

i believe the quote "ok solved thx" means he is done with this current thread.

im sorry no award will be handed out

i believe the quote "ok solved thx" means he is done with this current thread.

im sorry no award will be handed out

Noooooooo :c

I am a happy wuffy

Noooooooo :c

Wferr ill give you an award if you can tell me the difference between an Wankel-engine and a ordinary 6syl :)

Wferr ill give you an award if you can tell me the difference between an Wankel-engine and a ordinary 6syl :)

Didnt copy and paste at all

Advantages

Rotary engines are usually simpler than other engines due to the fewer amount of moving parts. A two rotor engine has 3 moving parts (2 rotors and the eccentric shaft) where as the simplest 4 cylinder engine has at least 40 moving parts, including pistons, connecting rods, camshaft, valves, valve springs, rocker arms, timing belt, timing gears, crankshaft and so on.

Not only does fewer moving parts make the engine simpler to produce, it is also considerably lighter.

Also due to less moving parts, there is less energy and frictional losses due to the transfer of energy and motion from part to part. This makes the engine more efficient and able to produce more power and at higher rpms than a piston engine of comparable size.

Fewer moving parts also provides the engine with better reliability causing many aircraaft companies to choose rotary over piston engines.

Rotary engines are smoother. Since the rotary engines spin constantly in one direction, they are smoother than piston engines that must convert reciprocating motion into rotational motion and violently change direction as the pistons do.

Reliability is also increased due to the rotors spinning at 1/3 the speed of the eccentric shaft. This means the moving parts in a rotary engine move slower than those of a piston engine.

More/smoother power delivery due to rotors having 3 faces and the varying rotational rates of the rotors and eccentric shaft. This causes the rotary engine to have a 50 percent longer duration of combustion than a piston engine. A rotary engine delivers power via combustion for 3/4 of each revolution of the eccentric shaft, where as in a piston engine combustion only occurs for a 1/4 of each revolution of the crankshaft. This results in a higher horsepower to liter (size) ratio for the rotary engine over a piston engine. Thus, an equivalent piston engine to a rotary engine is 1.5 to 2 times the size of the rotary engine.

One of the most important factors is that Wankel rotary engines that operate within their normal design parameters are almost immune to catastrophic failure. A rotary engine that loses compression, cooling or oil pressure will lose a large amount of power, but the engine is still able to produce power and operate. Piston engines under similar circumstances are prone to seizing or breaking parts that will result in major damage of internal engine parts resulting in an instant loss of power and operation.

Can withstand being ran for longer periods of time at maximum power than piston engines.

Disadvantages

Very difficult to make a rotary engine pass US emission regulations.

In a rotary engine, the trailing side of the combustion chamber develops a squeeze stream which pushes back the flamefront. This allows there to be more carbon monoxide and unburnt hydrocarbons in the exhaust stream than produced by a piston engine. This makes it more difficult to pass emissions testing.

Due to the limited number of these engines produced, the manufacturing costs can be higher.

Rotary engines typically consume more fuel than a piston engine because the thermodynamic efficiency of the engine is reduced by the long combustion-chamber shape and low compression ratio (because they're often turbocharged).

Rotary engines are extremely susceptible to damage (possibly damaging an apex seal) from pre-ignition, aka knocking, resulting in dramatically losing compression. This is the reason I had to rebuild the engine in my Rx-7.

The apex seals are often less efficient at sealing the chambers than piston rings, which can be a factor in decreasing its efficiency and longevity. This sealing is less critical than in piston engines due to the leakage being between different chambers rather than into the crankcase and oil sump as in piston engines.

Due to deficiencies and damages of the apex seals that provide the engine's sealing and compression, the average life span for a rotary engine is normally less than that of a piston engine. This is normally result of poor maintainance and frequent abuse from racing the engine. Often these engines are turbocharged which can also produce additional stress to lower their lifespan.

In comparison to the piston engine, the rotary engine produces less torque at low rpms due to its smaller displacement and low compression. Although its overall horsepower will still be greater than that of a comparable piston engine. This lack in torque will mostly be noticeable in "daily driving" but not during racing conditions.

Most rotaries burn a small amount of oil by design because it is metered into the combustion chamber in order to preserve the apex seals. Thus, owners must add small amounts of oil which slightly increase the running costs.

As previously mentioned, the true engine displacement remains questioned as a result of the varying rotational rates of the rotors and eccentric shaft.

Less technical support for repair and maintainance are available, as well as fewer parts available for purchase, leading to an increase in the cost of repairs due to the lower production rate in comparison to piston engines.

When weighing all of these factors into consideration, it can be seen that a rotary engine is best suited in either high performance sports cars or race car applications that desire the simplicity, light weigt & compact design, and high rpm, high power output the engine provides while not caring about the difficulty in passing emission regulations, increased fuel and oil consumption, decrease in low rpm torque, and decrease in longevity of the engine.

i can give hug though

tumblr_mmglje8W3v1s8bpaio1_500.gif

Yes i want a hug :3

I am a happy wuffy

Didnt copy and paste at all

Advantages

Rotary engines are usually simpler than other engines due to the fewer amount of moving parts. A two rotor engine has 3 moving parts (2 rotors and the eccentric shaft) where as the simplest 4 cylinder engine has at least 40 moving parts, including pistons, connecting rods, camshaft, valves, valve springs, rocker arms, timing belt, timing gears, crankshaft and so on.

Not only does fewer moving parts make the engine simpler to produce, it is also considerably lighter.

Also due to less moving parts, there is less energy and frictional losses due to the transfer of energy and motion from part to part. This makes the engine more efficient and able to produce more power and at higher rpms than a piston engine of comparable size.

Fewer moving parts also provides the engine with better reliability causing many aircraaft companies to choose rotary over piston engines.

Rotary engines are smoother. Since the rotary engines spin constantly in one direction, they are smoother than piston engines that must convert reciprocating motion into rotational motion and violently change direction as the pistons do.

Reliability is also increased due to the rotors spinning at 1/3 the speed of the eccentric shaft. This means the moving parts in a rotary engine move slower than those of a piston engine.

More/smoother power delivery due to rotors having 3 faces and the varying rotational rates of the rotors and eccentric shaft. This causes the rotary engine to have a 50 percent longer duration of combustion than a piston engine. A rotary engine delivers power via combustion for 3/4 of each revolution of the eccentric shaft, where as in a piston engine combustion only occurs for a 1/4 of each revolution of the crankshaft. This results in a higher horsepower to liter (size) ratio for the rotary engine over a piston engine. Thus, an equivalent piston engine to a rotary engine is 1.5 to 2 times the size of the rotary engine.

One of the most important factors is that Wankel rotary engines that operate within their normal design parameters are almost immune to catastrophic failure. A rotary engine that loses compression, cooling or oil pressure will lose a large amount of power, but the engine is still able to produce power and operate. Piston engines under similar circumstances are prone to seizing or breaking parts that will result in major damage of internal engine parts resulting in an instant loss of power and operation.

Can withstand being ran for longer periods of time at maximum power than piston engines.

Disadvantages

Very difficult to make a rotary engine pass US emission regulations.

In a rotary engine, the trailing side of the combustion chamber develops a squeeze stream which pushes back the flamefront. This allows there to be more carbon monoxide and unburnt hydrocarbons in the exhaust stream than produced by a piston engine. This makes it more difficult to pass emissions testing.

Due to the limited number of these engines produced, the manufacturing costs can be higher.

Rotary engines typically consume more fuel than a piston engine because the thermodynamic efficiency of the engine is reduced by the long combustion-chamber shape and low compression ratio (because they're often turbocharged).

Rotary engines are extremely susceptible to damage (possibly damaging an apex seal) from pre-ignition, aka knocking, resulting in dramatically losing compression. This is the reason I had to rebuild the engine in my Rx-7.

The apex seals are often less efficient at sealing the chambers than piston rings, which can be a factor in decreasing its efficiency and longevity. This sealing is less critical than in piston engines due to the leakage being between different chambers rather than into the crankcase and oil sump as in piston engines.

Due to deficiencies and damages of the apex seals that provide the engine's sealing and compression, the average life span for a rotary engine is normally less than that of a piston engine. This is normally result of poor maintainance and frequent abuse from racing the engine. Often these engines are turbocharged which can also produce additional stress to lower their lifespan.

In comparison to the piston engine, the rotary engine produces less torque at low rpms due to its smaller displacement and low compression. Although its overall horsepower will still be greater than that of a comparable piston engine. This lack in torque will mostly be noticeable in "daily driving" but not during racing conditions.

Most rotaries burn a small amount of oil by design because it is metered into the combustion chamber in order to preserve the apex seals. Thus, owners must add small amounts of oil which slightly increase the running costs.

As previously mentioned, the true engine displacement remains questioned as a result of the varying rotational rates of the rotors and eccentric shaft.

Less technical support for repair and maintainance are available, as well as fewer parts available for purchase, leading to an increase in the cost of repairs due to the lower production rate in comparison to piston engines.

When weighing all of these factors into consideration, it can be seen that a rotary engine is best suited in either high performance sports cars or race car applications that desire the simplicity, light weigt & compact design, and high rpm, high power output the engine provides while not caring about the difficulty in passing emission regulations, increased fuel and oil consumption, decrease in low rpm torque, and decrease in longevity of the engine.

Yes i want a hug :3

that has to be the most advanced explanation ive ever heard. no awards shall be given

that has to be the most advanced explanation ive ever heard. no awards shall be given

noo I thought I did good

I am a happy wuffy

noo I thought I did good

we shall add a new deffinition to that word in the dictionary soon.

"Wferr's Definition of "GOOD"       |

Copy "randomlonglistofwords"          |

Paste said "randomlonglistofwords"    |

DONE                                    |

-------------------------------