So Luke has now mentioned multiple times on videos that he wants to switch to Linux over Windows 10 due to some shady work by the overlord Microsoft. While I absolutely love Linux and all the flavors it comes in; I just can't leave Windows do to the lack of game support and direct x support on Linux. I would love to use Ubuntu or Linux Mint as my main OS I just play too many PC games and have a $3000 gaming computer to go with it. There just isn't many options for the Linux world and gaming... running games in WINE is a joke, most new games don't run on OpenGL (or well on OpenGL), a dual boot system just for games is a joke and time consuming switching OS'es, and lastly Virtual Machines are just not good enough on any playing field. This got me wondering if there were any other legit ways to have linux as your main os and enjoy the great gaming performance?? With Luke's recent comments this got me really really excited to see how he was going to try and pull this off? Is there anyone on the forums that have a better idea then mine or who have taken the step away from Windows, but somehow worked out the gaming ordeal. 

My future hope is that with the amazing performance VulkanAPI is showing, and how its made around OpenGL, we will see AAA games come to Linux with that top tier Vulkan performance! But I know I am just dreaming... :D

virtual machines work really well performance wise, they can have a 99.5% performance pass trough.

in the comment the guy in the video states:  "cool, didn't know about those hyper-v enlightements, managed to squeeze yet a bit more performance out of it, now I'm at 99.6% compared to native :-) "

5 hours ago, Ericarthurc said:

Wow... Literally having my mind blown already! Thanks guys; I am going to check VM passthrough out!

Just make sure your motherboard supports IOMMU otherwise it won't work for GPU passthrough