Final nail in the Windows Phone coffin: Microsoft to sell customized version of the Galaxy S8

Nowak
3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

The previewers program proves that Windows Mobile is alive and strong.

But for how much longer? That seems to be a pretty big question right now.

My phones are in my sig but just to answer I have both a L925 and L950XL. I still have my HTC7 ... memories.

I have personally have had no battery issues. I do remember one build about a year ago that killed my battery life but that was fixed in about 2 weeks 2 builds later. Sad to see you have had a bad string of luck with those. :( 

Agreed. Some things are unclear with those choices but I an willing to see were it goes. As mentioned in my earlier comment;

Ah, I knew I should've clicked the show more button on your sig, sorry about that. Yeah, the battery runtime life itself is pretty good to me, but I hardly use my phone so it's odd to me why my batteries keep dying like no tomorrow (I really only make calls / texts for maybe 20-30 min a day, that's it. I don't run any apps or games on it). Most of the time (I'd say 95%) it lives life on the wireless charging pad. I'm deadly thankful the battery is removable though...I find it strange Microsoft will not sell the original battery to me though (The Windows store I went to said to try third party batteries...).

Yeah, I'm probably going to jump ship to one of the new Nokia phones that are coming out if the battery thing keeps up (I was a nokia fan before anything else). I need a phone that just works before I even think of OS. haha.

Yeah, I'm also willing to see where things go (Not the phone previews though), but my friend and I are the only two people in our circle of friends that have a Windows Phone. It is a worry that the platform might die or disappear some day to us.

But yeah, I don't think it's going to die (Otherwise the preview builds would be stopped long ago..).

4 minutes ago, Daring said:

But for how much longer? That seems to be a pretty big question right now.

Fairly open question. I wouldn't know. Right now they are expending quite the resources for it so as far as I see it, for some time.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Fairly open question. I wouldn't know. Right now they are expending quite the resources for it so as far as I see it, for some time.

I guess we won't know the fate of Windows Phone for sure until next month.

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

I guess we won't know the fate of Windows Phone for sure until next month.

Final thought then I am gonna have to drop this;

I told my brother this 12 years ago (very literally) when he made fun of me for buying into the windows phone thing, if it dies, it dies but until then I wont hold my breath, it is now 12 years later and guess we will see.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER