Is it possible to wire a socket to an existing socket?

pbx2

Is it PAT test passable to create my own "power strip" by wiring a UK socket into an original one via a plug?

Mains - > Socket -> Plug -> Flex -> Socket 

for example.

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

Yes it is possible. but I'm not familiar with Uk regs

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

technically yes

don't kill yourself

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, jools said:

sometimes called an extension lead lol

Guess that is why Bunnings (a hardware box store) sells extension leads cheaper than a piece of wall wire the same length...

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

don't kill yourself

...to make it harder for someone to kill themselves lol

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

if i understand correctly.. you're doing something that's actually been a common thing for years on end:

(as here demonstrated with european plugs ;))

schuko-apparaat-stekker-watt-2500-w.jpg

3_core_2.5mm2_tinned_copper_cable.jpg

(ignore this one has the wrong colors ;))

HQ_viervoudige_stekkerdoos_wit_zonder_ka

people have been putting together their own combination of plugs, cables, and sockets for ages, mostly in a few specific cases:

- if they want one with a REALLY long cable, because they're hard to find if not on a roll.

- if they want one with a REALLY short cable

- if they want one with different plug and socket types (for example a UK resident that goes to europe often, could make one with a EU plug on one end and a UK one on the other)

- if an old cord would for example have developed bad contacts over time, and because of mounting location (for example the cable has been managed in with lots of others) cant be as easily replaced in its entirety, people at times just replace the sockets at the end of the cable.

Image result for uk socket

Thanks everyone for replies, However you might not get that i actually want to wire the above type of socket into the end of the flex.

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

if i understand correctly.. you're doing something that's actually been a common thing for years on end:

(as here demonstrated with european plugs ;))

schuko-apparaat-stekker-watt-2500-w.jpg

3_core_2.5mm2_tinned_copper_cable.jpg

(ignore this one has the wrong colors ;))

HQ_viervoudige_stekkerdoos_wit_zonder_ka

people have been putting together their own combination of plugs, cables, and sockets for ages, mostly in a few specific cases:

- if they want one with a REALLY long cable, because they're hard to find if not on a roll.

- if they want one with a REALLY short cable

- if they want one with different plug and socket types (for example a UK resident that goes to europe often, could make one with a EU plug on one end and a UK one on the other)

- if an old cord would for example have developed bad contacts over time, and because of mounting location (for example the cable has been managed in with lots of others) cant be as easily replaced in its entirety, people at times just replace the sockets at the end of the cable.

2 hours ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Guess that is why Bunnings (a hardware box store) sells extension leads cheaper than a piece of wall wire the same length...

...to make it harder for someone to kill themselves lol

2 hours ago, jools said:

sometimes called an extension lead lol

3 hours ago, themctipers said:

technically yes

don't kill yourself

3 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Yes it is possible. but I'm not familiar with Uk regs

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

On 3/30/2017 at 8:35 PM, jools said:

And that works without wiring it into the back? I want to wire it into a plug that fits into the front.

--- Purple Prime ---

--- Proteus Server ---

--- Camera Stuff ---
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

should work and be safer because a plug has a fuse just use proper heavy duty flex

On 4/1/2017 at 9:20 AM, pbx2 said:

And that works without wiring it into the back? I want to wire it into a plug that fits into the front.

As mentioned it would be no different than getting a power bar with a long lead. You can wire one yourself but in most cases it will be cheaper to just purchase one. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brennenstuhl-1951183100-Premium-Line-extension-socket/dp/B00P142TPY/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1491198453&sr=8-33