Scottish Independence

Nexus

As some of you probably know, there is a huge debate going on in right now in Scotland and the rest of the United Kingdom regarding Scotland's future in the union. Im am curious as to what people from all over the world think on this matter. Is it good? Is it bad? What reasons do you base your opinion on?

I think this could be an interesting discussion topic.

Personally i am pro independence for several reasons:

Scotland at the current moment does not have enough power to decide on Scotlands future.

Scotland would have a strong economy.

No more nuclear weapons within Scottish borders.

The ability to negotiate our own terms of entry into the EU (no abandoning our fishing rights in our waters).

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I am all for it. enough said

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I've been to Scotland, awesome place and nice hills and lakes

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

I'm up for it, mainly because we control about 1/4 of Europe's current renewable energy and we've got all that (Admittedly dwindling) North sea oil. 

As for Salmond, kick him out once we have it ^_^

Though, it is hard to hate him, being a trekkie and all

sQhnlnw.jpg?1

We should also join the Scandinavians, because they're awesome and we hold so much common history. Also their economy is booming atm

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I've been to Scotland, awesome place and nice hills and lakes

Never under any circumstances go to Glasgow. It will destroy your impression. The local wildlife is most unusual:

glasgow-neds-glasgow-ned-retard-bad-clot

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I'm up for it, mainly because we control about 1/4 of Europe's current renewable energy and we've got all that (Admittedly dwindling) North sea oil. 

As for Salmond, kick him out once we have it ^_^

Though, it is hard to hate him, being a trekkie and all

sQhnlnw.jpg?1

We should also join the Scandinavians, because they're awesome and we hold so much common history. Also their economy is booming atm

The fact that Westminster have not taken advantage of our renewable energy is troubling. People have been saying the north sea oil is running out for years. We always seem to find more. It will eventually run out but we will have moved on to other energy sources by then.

Salmond is an awesome politician. I disagree with some of the SNP policies in general, but i think they have done an amazing job over the years (meeting many of their manifesto points despite initially having a minority government) and doing our wee country justice when dealing with issues that have international implications (the Megrah incident). Salmond also seems to be a decent guy (giving his Westminster wage to charity, and joking at the loss of a by-election). I think it is a shame that we will most likely retire after the referendum.

I do like the idea of being able to join the Nordic Council, it would be a good alternative to the EU.

Well, it looks like the Linus Tech Tips Scottish division has spoken.

Aint you tried to brake off the queen for a long time?

If i would have anything to say, i would say - AYE!

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Well, it looks like the Linus Tech Tips Scottish division has spoken.

If only this was the actual referendum.

Aint you tried to brake off the queen for a long time?

If i would have anything to say, i would say - AYE!

We have been trying to leave the union for years. We reached a high point the 60-70s but it was crushed when the McCrone report was covered up. We are not trying to remove the Queen as head of state though.  After all it was a Scottish King (James the VI of Scotland and I of England) that united the crowns (not creating the political union) in the 1600s.

We have been trying to leave the union for years. We reached a high point the 60-70s but it was crushed when the McCrone report was covered up. We are not trying to remove the Queen as head of state though.  After all it was a Scottish King (James the VI of Scotland and I of England) that united the crowns (not creating the political union) in the 1600s.

You need Mel Gibson to lead you again :P

I only wonder if you would cut from the UK would you be still in EU (or UE; depends how you say it).

Ministry of StopIt!

You need Mel Gibson to lead you again :P

I only wonder if you would cut from the UK would you be still in EU (or UE; depends how you say it).

This is one of the points that the unionist have made, but it could be easily resolved if David Cameron would actually ask but he refuses to do so.

The concern lies with the fact that to be granted EU membership there has to be a unanimous decision made by all the current members. Some have suggest that Spain may be against this due to the independence movements withing their country.

Time will tell though.

This is one of the points that the unionist have made, but it could be easily resolved if David Cameron would actually ask but he refuses to do so.

The concern lies with the fact that to be granted EU membership there has to be a unanimous decision made by all the current members. Some have suggest that Spain may be against this due to the independence movements withing their country.

Time will tell though.

Mostly asking because in half year im thinking of "invading" either Scotland of England for work. Would prefer the first country thought...

In Poland we have great problems when people pay in Scottish pounds instead of English, because there is only one exchange in my city that will accept Scottish ones. Aint that for a little messed up...

Ministry of StopIt!

The fact that Westminster have not taken advantage of our renewable energy is troubling. People have been saying the north sea oil is running out for years. We always seem to find more. It will eventually run out but we will have moved on to other energy sources by then.

Salmond is an awesome politician. I disagree with some of the SNP policies in general, but i think they have done an amazing job over the years (meeting many of their manifesto points despite initially having a minority government) and doing our wee country justice when dealing with issues that have international implications (the Megrah incident). Salmond also seems to be a decent guy (giving his Westminster wage to charity, and joking at the loss of a by-election). I think it is a shame that we will most likely retire after the referendum.

I do like the idea of being able to join the Nordic Council, it would be a good alternative to the EU.

I agree completely, Salmond is a great guy, I just feel that once that we have independence, the SNP won't really have anything left to do, imo.

I'd love to join the Nordics and stay in the EU, with all the benefits that come with the EU (all the free movement stuff)

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

I'd love to join the Nordics and stay in the EU, with all the benefits that come with the EU (all the free movement stuff)

Ill drink to that...

Ministry of StopIt!

Never under any circumstances go to Glasgow. It will destroy your impression. The local wildlife is most unusual:

glasgow-neds-glasgow-ned-retard-bad-clot

Ey! Ye cannae beat talkin' leik dis like! Am' gonnae pump yer maw!!!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I fucking love your accent there in Scotland.

Ministry of StopIt!

I fucking love your accent there in Scotland.

Hah! Can't beat it!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ken man, nae budy cun unerstaun it lik. 

Bloody hell its hard to type like that.

That vid is bloody fantastic. Reminds me of this from a few years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLMU_84BLLM

Ken man, nae budy cun unerstaun it lik. 

Bloody hell its hard to type like that.

That vid is bloody fantastic. Reminds me of this from a few years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLMU_84BLLM

Good lord, i had almost forgotten about that song! ahahaha. Class!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I understand english, but it seems i dont understand Scottish

Ministry of StopIt!

Where do you even find this? And why does he have no mince? Why are we awake? Too many questions.

I understand english, but it seems i dont understand Scottish

Hah! It takes a good bit of listening :P

Where do you even find this? And why does he have no mince? Why are we awake? Too many questions.

I..... I have no idea.

Save me

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

What will Scotland honestly gain from independence? Pride? Surely the economy will be worse off if they leave GB?