GPU with built in LCD a future trend?

8 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

It's Colorful, most things they do are this crazy and people just forget about them almost immediately.

I posted that card in this other thread about a month ago to the sound of frogs and crickets.

So yeah, they're forgotten almost immediately.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Reminds me of aquacomputers "Vision" cpu blocks and such

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Another way to fleece more money out of us I reckon. LCDs are cheap to make but would add 100+ to the price of a card. 

6 hours ago, WereCat said:

Unless you OC under LN2 I can't see how you would break NVIDIA card by overclocking considering all their restrictions.

Well, for AMD cards that do let you do stuff at all with them

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

BIOS modding?

6 hours ago, WereCat said:

As far as I know that doesn't help much for NVIDIA as there are many hardware restrictions as well. I think you need to do both, BIOS and physical modifications to your card to circumvent some (not all) of these restrictions.

Hard mod and/or BIOS mod. Bridge these resistors pads for an unlocked power limit:

nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-internal-Front_PCB.png

Kind of worthless if you have a case which dont have a window in it :(

fucking useless

my fucking gpu faces towards the wall inside a 1999 pc case

its like that 'wallpaper engine' thing

do you guys really stare at your desktop, all day? is this what you bought a gtx 1080 for?

do you stare at your gpu all day?

did you buy, a fucking 1080ti just for a tiny display on it?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

45 minutes ago, dexT said:

Hard mod and/or BIOS mod. Bridge these resistors pads for an unlocked power limit:

nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-internal-Front_PCB.png

you should uhh

show me

:)

my 1070 is a piece of shit, it'll boost only to 1950mhz and get stuck at 1.04v

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

fucking useless

my fucking gpu faces towards the wall inside a 1999 pc case

its like that 'wallpaper engine' thing

do you guys really stare at your desktop, all day? is this what you bought a gtx 1080 for?

do you stare at your gpu all day?

did you buy, a fucking 1080ti just for a tiny display on it?

While I do agree that putting an LCD on a graphics card will probably increase the price of it for more than it's worth. (If this does become mainstream and more companies do this, then hopefully it comes down in price), but I do like to look at my computer. I don't believe that my computer is solely a workstation. I believe that it can be a piece of art as well. Which is why I spend the money that I do on building a computer. I don't necessarily need to watercool my system either, because I don't push it to the max, however it just looks good, so I am planning on doing it. I get that this isn't the same for everyone. I have a friend who doesn't care whatsoever about what his computer looks like, as long as it works and to the best ability that it can work. But for me a computer is a workstation and art at the same time.

Why am I getting a sense that these GPUs will be entire desktops in the near future?

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

as i get older, i don't care about showing off my gear anymore. I just want something stealthy and gets the job done.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

1 hour ago, cadencejames said:

While I do agree that putting an LCD on a graphics card will probably increase the price of it for more than it's worth. (If this does become mainstream and more companies do this, then hopefully it comes down in price), but I do like to look at my computer. I don't believe that my computer is solely a workstation. I believe that it can be a piece of art as well. Which is why I spend the money that I do on building a computer. I don't necessarily need to watercool my system either, because I don't push it to the max, however it just looks good, so I am planning on doing it. I get that this isn't the same for everyone. I have a friend who doesn't care whatsoever about what his computer looks like, as long as it works and to the best ability that it can work. But for me a computer is a workstation and art at the same time.

Totally 100% agree with you there. Not only is my computer workspace looking nice and sorted out the way i like it. It looks great my Windows 7 system is a WORK OF ART lol. 

I have changed it completely. All the icons is changed that includes the control panel icons, the icons in the menus etc etc. The icons on the screen i have got rid of and i have icons which enlarge and is a set theme. Everything including the start menu button is changed. The sounds and icon cursor all changed. I have boxes with info on the front page it all looks like a PROPER windows 7 desktop which look like something you can admire. :) 

No this windows 10 crap which is seriously UGLY errrr. 

4 hours ago, cadencejames said:

For me, I believe that it's only supposed to be a workstation and not a art piece that needs to be showcased. Sure, making it look nice is nice , I can't argue against that but there's no way I'm spending more money than I need to whole gaining no performance at all  

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

a screen on a GPU...

i wounder if the manufacturer will allow people to use it as a scend screen with included software...

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

So more crap to artificially drive up GPU prices? How about no?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro