G-Sync realisation ...

WereCat

OK, so I have had my G-Sync monitor for about 4 months now.

Usually, people limit their FPS just under the max Hz of the monitor to keep G-Sync working, other people enable V-Sync to make sure the FPS don't go above the max Hz of the monitor.

I have never seen anyone mention this third method that is there for owners of Maxwell and Pascal cards... until I found out myself, then I googled it and people actually know about this. Now I feel stupid for not knowing... but in case someone else there is in the unknown like I was...

You can actually enable G-Sync and Fast-Sync at the same time! So you can have any FPS and you will never get tearing with almost no additional input lag penalty unlike with V-Sync! Mindblown!

i've heard people enable Fast sync for frame rates below refresh rate of the panel. pretty sure that's not how fast sync is designed to function but i'm trying it out

Fast Sync only "works well", if your fps are twice as high, as your Refresh rate.

On a 60 Hz Monitor, that will be around 120 fps neded, to make Fast Sync work properly. Which means, you CAN get high input Lag, if your fps are not high enough. 

And it can lead to inconsistent frame spacing^^ Which will get eliminated, with high enough fps.

However, there is of course a possibility, that this "issue" is minimized by having 144+ Hz, and won't bother you at all, since 144 Hz can be fast enough for this. 

See: 

If you have a 144 or 165 Hz G-Sync monitor, there is no real reason to use fast sync. Except you paly CS:GO with 300 fps.

i would simply use G-Sync, and raise the Visual quality so much, untill you're in your range.

If you use 144 Hz, and your game puts out 300 fps at low/medium settings, just set it to ultra, so it runs at 140 fps~. Just as smooth, low input lag, no tearing, and looks better/sharper.