Best headphones for gaming? ($150)

FineVisionz

Hyper X clouds are good.And anything from Logitech.The m50x are great and have very little diortion. Not what you rooking for when your gaming. I would recommend something a little bass heavier to hear those gunshots or whatever which is why I recommend the g930

My life

Anything Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic is gud

I tried the Cloud 2, Sennheiser 598, Steelseries Arctis, and a few logitech ones. It came down to personal preference over what I thought would be functionality. The Cloud 2s I liked the most. The Senns sounds the best but adding the ModMic was not for me. I didnt like a secondary heavy chord hanging.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

9 hours ago, FriendlyNonMurderingSort said:

Sennheiser and Massdrop collaboration PC37X headset. Takes 50 ohms to drive. 4 days left as of this post.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset?mode=guest_open

This one is $50 over your budget (not including shipping), but in case you were interested. 62 ohms to drive. Has memory foam padding. 20 hours left as of this post.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones?mode=guest_open

it doesn't "take 50 ohms to drive".

it has an impedance of 50 ohms. The amp doesn't have to output 50 ohms or anything, that's not a thing.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

There isn't a "best". There isn't a headphone benchmark to tell you which performs better because that's not how it works.

What would be "best for you" is a totally different question, in which we would need to know your set of tastes in a headphone to help you make a decision.

If I were you, i would just pick up:

- Philips SHP 9500 for ~$70 (Newegg or Amazon)

- V-moda Boom-Pro ~$30 (Amazon)

That's all you need really. You get the comfiest, lightest pair of headphones with a mic that puts every headset to shame. And the sound is so good! 

On 3/26/2017 at 9:59 PM, Himommies said:

Hyper X clouds are good.And anything from Logitech.The m50x are great and have very little diortion. Not what you rooking for when your gaming. I would recommend something a little bass heavier to hear those gunshots or whatever which is why I recommend the g930

Wierd id think you would want less bass so the gunshots dont over power other things like foot steps lol