How does this look? What else do I need?

Go to solution Solved by DocSwag,

RAID is a way of combining two or more drives into one. There are many different types of RAID, the most common ones are RAID0 and RAID1. RAID0 basically "stripes" the data across the two drives, so you get doubled the capacity of one drive and theoretically double the performance (though it's not always that simple). However, if one drive fails, you lose all your data, so you're essentially twice as likely to lose your data (two fail points vs. 1). RAID1, on the other hand, mirrors the data between the two drives. It doesn't double the capacity, but it also theoretically doubles the performance and in this case, you need both drives to fail to lose your data, basically it makes it more likely for your data not to be lost. I don't recommend RAID0 since for SSDs unless you're doing professional stuff it doesn't give much of a performance jump and it makes you more likely to have drives fail. RAID1 you could do if you're really paranoid though unless you're keeping extremely sensitive info I don't recommend it either.

I made a few small changes, including swapping out the two 500gb SSDs for one 1 TB SSD (it's $35 cheaper), switching the psu for a cheaper yet better one, getting windows from Kinguin.net instead (I know it looks shady but it works, I would get the buyer protection thing just in case but there shouldn't be any issues, I've had friends use it no problem. If you really don't like it though you could get a $100 copy that is definitely legit but this should be fine), and removing the sound card (you shouldn't need it unless you have really good headphones).

Also, do you really need a cd card reader? The kinguin thing only comes with a code, not a cd, and you can get a Windows installation cd from Microsoft for free (assuming you have a flash drive with at least 5gb capacity). Idk if you have other uses for it.

And just make sure to get an aftermarket cooled 1080 ti. They should be out in a week or two.

Anyhow, here's the list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($449.95 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($124.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($257.99 @ PC Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($158.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($419.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($86.74 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founder Edition Video Card  ($979.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ NCIX) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($24.75 @ Vuugo) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM  140mm Fan  ($22.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Other: NZXT APERTURE M 5.25 Bay Multi-Media Mesh Style Card Reader  w. Dual  ($44.99 @ Memory Express) 
Other: Windows 10 Home ($38.39)
Total: $2854.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-26 09:34 EDT-0400

As for cable management, I personally just like to use Velcro straps and zip ties. Unless you want cable combs to really make it looks nice (though those cost quite a bit), zip ties and Velcro straps should suffice. You could get something like this, and just tell the guy building it:

Use the Velcro straps to keep cables neat.

I assume they've built pcs before so it shouldn't need too much instruction :P 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/NQx6jc

This PC is solely for gaming on 1440p. I'm a wuss when it comes to OC.

I've shamelessly gone with iBuyPower in the past, and yes...even got an Alienware laptop.

Go easy on me; I've already learned the error of my ways. Well, kinda...I still got a FE card. ;{

Anyway, this is my first build, and unfortunately, even though I've learned how dumb I was (iBuyPower sales still coat significantly more than building your own), I won't be the one putting this together.

So here are my questions:

•What will I need for putting it together with super cable management? Things like sleeves, extenders, mounts, ties, etc. (Please list exact product; I'm clueless) <3

•I read something about Raid with SSDs. What is that, what configuration, why that config, what risks, what benefits?

•I have the fan in the list because I already owned it. What other fans should I get, if needed? I don't care about appearance.

•What should I tell the guy I want done with my computer? I have nonverbal learning disability, so explaining things verbally tends to consist of 10% point, and 90% rambling and unnecessary, confusing information. Basically, give me a script (or list), word for word of what/how I want them to build it.

Lastly, I wanted to say that I'm happy I've been making an effort to try and learn more about computers. I've already had several questions answered by you guys, and I wanted to say how much I love this community. I honestly expected the usual condescending, toxic responses where the answer consists more of criticism than helpfulness. 

I'm going to be showering, so sorry for the late response. I'll be sure to select the answers, because I genuinely do appreciate the help.

Thanks.

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @ 4.8GHz || GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (Dual Fan) || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8) 3200MHZ || MotherboardAsus STRIX Z270-E GAMING || Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 Titanium (Windowless) || Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX300 1.1TB, Seagate- Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

Personally everything look great, I would suggest wait for custom 1080ti when it comes out in coming months (Early April or mid). Also no point have sound card, the built in audio solutions now is good enough unless you have one those 1000 dollars cans. With that budget you could get some more future proof (such as x99 or Ryzen build) - especially ryzen as it will be cheaper than x99 and similar price as z270.

Magical Pineapples

That board has supreme FX so I don't think you'll need that soundcard tbh. You "read something about RAID" then go to wikipedia and find what RAID you've been reading about because there are many, however I expect it's RAID 0 you've read about where you combine disks to get faster speeds, you will not see much if any benefits by raiding 2 SSDs (in a normal PC) and the con here is that you only get half the capacity. So I really wouldn't recomend that.

For clean cable runs, route the cables behind the motherboard trey and use zip ties or twist ties to secure them

I would swap out the 2 x 500GB SSD's for a single 1TB as it is cheaper. Also get a better psu such as the G2/G3 or Corsair RMx etc. You would also probably be better with an air cooler if you are going for a quiet build as you can then leave the top panels on.

Also no need for the soundcard.

What refresh rate is your 1440p monitor ? As a 1080 ti is overkill unless you have a 144Hz/165Hz one.

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($98.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($419.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $623.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-26 09:19 EDT-0400

3 minutes ago, Cotroneo said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/NQx6jc

This PC is solely for gaming on 1440p. I'm a wuss when it comes to OC.

I've shamelessly gone with iBuyPower in the past, and yes...even got an Alienware laptop.

Go easy on me; I've already learned the error of my ways. Well, kinda...I still got a FE card. ;{

Anyway, this is my first build, and unfortunately, even though I've learned how dumb I was (iBuyPower sales still coat significantly more than building your own), I won't be the one putting this together.

So here are my questions:

•What will I need for putting it together with super cable management? Things like sleeves, extenders, mounts, ties, etc. (Please list exact product; I'm clueless) <3

•I read something about Raid with SSDs. What is that, what configuration, why that config, what risks, what benefits?

•I have the fan in the list because I already owned it. What other fans should I get, if needed? I don't care about appearance.

•What should I tell the guy I want done with my computer? I have nonverbal learning disability, so explaining things verbally tends to consist of 10% point, and 90% rambling and unnecessary, confusing information. Basically, give me a script (or list), word for word of what/how I want them to build it.

Lastly, I wanted to say that I'm happy I've been making an effort to try and learn more about computers. I've already had several questions answered by you guys, and I wanted to say how much I love this community. I honestly expected the usual condescending, toxic responses where the answer consists more of criticism than helpfulness. 

I'm going to be showering, so sorry for the late response. I'll be sure to select the answers, because I genuinely do appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Well, i dont have specific cable management products, but i can say so much that if you want to do nice cable management go look at a video on youtube, you will find alot of help there. They also usualy link their products. 

As with RAID, there's many different kinds of it. Watch Linus's TechQuickie video about RAID. 

Companies like Noctua and Corsair make good fans. if you dont care about looks, and just preformance and acoustics, i would recomend Noctua NF-F12's vhttps://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-PWM-Cooling-Fan/dp/B00650P2ZC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490533917&sr=8-2&keywords=noctua

The last one i really cant help you with, i think you have to write that yourself. 

Also, if you say that you dont know much about computer's i am kinda shocked about the componnents you've chosen for this rig. A GTX 1080Ti and a 7700k is kinda overkill for gaming atleast. But if you want the absolute best preformance you can get, well you really cant go wrong with that. 

RAID is a way of combining two or more drives into one. There are many different types of RAID, the most common ones are RAID0 and RAID1. RAID0 basically "stripes" the data across the two drives, so you get doubled the capacity of one drive and theoretically double the performance (though it's not always that simple). However, if one drive fails, you lose all your data, so you're essentially twice as likely to lose your data (two fail points vs. 1). RAID1, on the other hand, mirrors the data between the two drives. It doesn't double the capacity, but it also theoretically doubles the performance and in this case, you need both drives to fail to lose your data, basically it makes it more likely for your data not to be lost. I don't recommend RAID0 since for SSDs unless you're doing professional stuff it doesn't give much of a performance jump and it makes you more likely to have drives fail. RAID1 you could do if you're really paranoid though unless you're keeping extremely sensitive info I don't recommend it either.

I made a few small changes, including swapping out the two 500gb SSDs for one 1 TB SSD (it's $35 cheaper), switching the psu for a cheaper yet better one, getting windows from Kinguin.net instead (I know it looks shady but it works, I would get the buyer protection thing just in case but there shouldn't be any issues, I've had friends use it no problem. If you really don't like it though you could get a $100 copy that is definitely legit but this should be fine), and removing the sound card (you shouldn't need it unless you have really good headphones).

Also, do you really need a cd card reader? The kinguin thing only comes with a code, not a cd, and you can get a Windows installation cd from Microsoft for free (assuming you have a flash drive with at least 5gb capacity). Idk if you have other uses for it.

And just make sure to get an aftermarket cooled 1080 ti. They should be out in a week or two.

Anyhow, here's the list:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($449.95 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($124.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($257.99 @ PC Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($158.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($86.74 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founder Edition Video Card  ($979.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($24.75 @ Vuugo) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM  140mm Fan  ($22.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Other: NZXT APERTURE M 5.25 Bay Multi-Media Mesh Style Card Reader  w. Dual  ($44.99 @ Memory Express) 
Other: Windows 10 Home ($38.39)
Total: $2854.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-26 09:34 EDT-0400

As for cable management, I personally just like to use Velcro straps and zip ties. Unless you want cable combs to really make it looks nice (though those cost quite a bit), zip ties and Velcro straps should suffice. You could get something like this, and just tell the guy building it:

Use the Velcro straps to keep cables neat.

I assume they've built pcs before so it shouldn't need too much instruction :P 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Thanks everyone for the awesome responses. I wasn't sure about the soundcard, so I'll be scrapping that. I think I'm going to swap out the optical drive for some USB ports as well. The second SSD was actually a gift, since I was initially only able to fit 1 500gb into the budget. I think I'll also skip out on the optical drive and opt for USB expansion. I bought the cooler certified refurbished, but I'm not sure as of right now; I might return it for an air cooler. However, I don't care about the sound since I use active noise cancelling headphones. Another factor is that I don't have space to have my tower in any spot other than under a desk on carpet, backed directly against a wall with my power bar as a divider... it's pretty bad, and am currently looking for a vertical desk that has enough shelves for what I need.

But these responses really have pointed me in the right direction. Again, I wanted to say how helpful this community is. I hope somewhere down the road I can help others like me. :}

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @ 4.8GHz || GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (Dual Fan) || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8) 3200MHZ || MotherboardAsus STRIX Z270-E GAMING || Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 Titanium (Windowless) || Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX300 1.1TB, Seagate- Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W