Can my power supply run this. help pls!!

Xculiber

Can a 460 watt with liquid cooling power supply run this spec

intel 17-7700 with gtx 1060 6gb

the sales person told me it would be a problem since it has liquid cooling

Liquid cooling doesn't consume much power. It depends in the psu model. 460w is an odd no and I don't recall any 460w psu out there that are decent. They will work but not something recommended. 

You have liquid cooling in your PSU? Dang dawg, that's extreme!

Yes, 460W is enough for a 7700 and a 1060, a pump and a couple of fans don't draw that much power.

That sales person sounds like an idiot, but then again he sold you a i7 7700 paired with a 1060 and a probably very cheap power supply.... not the best combo me thinks

Does you mum know you're here?

Which exact PSU you have in mind? Just because there is 460W on the packaging doesn't always mean it can handle 460W, there is a lot of sketchy marketing with many sketchy manufacturers in the PSU industry.

-Moved thread to cases and power supplies-

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

hi guys

just to make sure heres what im gonna buy but really worried about my psu not being able to handle this with dual monitors.

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/alienware-aurora-r6-desktop/pd?oc=daar6_f_s4e&model_id=alienware-aurora-r6-desktop#overrides=daar6_f_s4e:116~460LCOD;6~GT1060S

psu bveen upgraded to 460 watt with liquid cooling instead of fan

and gtx 1060 intead of rx 480

the chassis option does not add liquid cooling the power supply,

it adds an aio(all in one) to the case for cooling the processor

it's just a plain 460w power supply

your power supply does not matter for the number of monitors, both will get there power from the mains(wall socket)

hope i helped a little.

I'm not sure why, but if you scroll to the bottom of the configuration it shows 2 power supplies for this build....

#1.) 460watt may be enough, but it's way too close for my liking and would NEVER have my margin of power available to power usage be that close.

#2.) You could build this PC yourself, and probably save yourself a couple hundred dollars

AsRock X99 Taichi MB // Intel Core i7-6800k Overclocked @ 4.0GHZ // Noctua NH-U14S Cooler // Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 // EVGA GeForce 980Ti SC+ // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD // 2TB WD Gold HDD // Corsair RM850 PSU // Corsair Obsidian Series 750D // Asus VG248QE 144Hz

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 // Intel Core i5-3570k Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ // Noctua NH-L9x65 Cooler // Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 // EVGA GeForce 960 // 250 GB WD Blue HDD // EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80+ GOLD // Corsair Carbide Series 100R