System powering up, but not posting PLEASE HELP

Robotcat2

Yesterday i made a post about my system acting literally dead when i attempt to power it on which you can see here -

so the new problem is this-

I got my new power supply and since i had already ordered a new motherboard because i initially thought it was the issue,  i decided to hook up the essentials completely out of my case on my anti static mat. I hooked up everything and powered on the supply and shorted the PWR pins. SUCCESS! WE HAVE FANS RUNNING!

So im thinking great , ya know? fans are running which is farther than i got before. but i assembled it in my case and when i attempted to power on, NOTHING HAPPENED AGAIN. Back to square 1 basically. So i decided to take it back out and attempt to boot with the OLD power supply. IT COMES ON. It seems that the power supply was fine all along. Something is happening when i put it in the case that prevents it from booting.

Now, besides that, the system is on my desk right now and fans are running, GPU fans etc.. BUT ITS NOT BOOTING.

my screen is completely black. Can someone help me figure out why it doesnt run in the case and also now that it IS running, why isnt it booting

PROBLEM HALF SOLVED.

the system wanted the HDMI pluged in to the graphics card not the mb. still dont know about the case issue. will update

5 minutes ago, Robotcat2 said:

-snip-

Please change the title to something less "HELP PLEASE"

That being said, are you over tightening the screws on your mobo?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, bob51zhang said:

Please change the title to something less "HELP PLEASE"

That being said, are you over tightening the screws on your mobo?

no =, i dont believe so. i tighten them down until it starts to get slightly harder to turn, very lighlty tightening

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

your not putting your mobo in your case properly, can you take pictures?

i honestly from the bottom of my heart dont believe that. i insert it, line it up with the IO shield and screw it down. i removed any extra standoffs too

If it works outside the case, but it doesn't turn anything on inside the case, I'd say there is 99% probability something is getting shorted when you install it.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

If it works outside the case, but it doesn't turn anything on inside the case, I'd say there is 99% probability something is getting shorted when you install it.

ok what about it NOT posting

Reset the CMOS / move the Jumper on the MB.

Take out all the ram sticks, and insert one of the sticks in DIMM1 (check your motherboard manual to figure out which slot is DIMM1), and try booting.

Try reseating all power cables.

You could also try a different monitor or cable.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

20 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Inside or outside the case?

outside

50 minutes ago, Robotcat2 said:

Now, besides that, the system is on my desk right now and fans are running, GPU fans etc.. BUT ITS NOT BOOTING.

my screen is completely black. Can someone help me figure out why it doesnt run in the case and also now that it IS running, why isnt it booting

Do not install the motherboard back into the case until you have it functioning properly out of the case.

Do you have a motherboard speaker that can be installed for beep codes? (it is a pain these are not included with most motherboards these days)

What CPU cooler are you using?

Is your GPU connected to the PCIe slot closest to the CPU (PCIEX16_1)?

Is the monitor connected to the GPU?

Are both the EATXPWR and EATX12V connected from the PSU to the motherboard?

Install a single RAM stick into DIMM _A2, the second slot from the CPU. (If this works, then install the second one into DIMM_B2, the farthest from the CPU).