[SOLVED] One month of choosing THE motherboard [HELP]

Hello World!

Straight to the point. I've been doing A LOT of research and I've been looking around for "the best" Z270 motherboard, suiting my needs (since I am not a fan of the ''overkill'').  Right now I am stuck between 9 motherboards and desperately need personal opinions from you guys.

What I am trying to build:
Gaming/Developing rig (WEB and C++) and kind of "futureproof";
What I got so far:

Case: Corsair 750D (already bought)
Am I going to overclock?:

In the beginning No, but in near future - Maybe.
Am I going to make a custom watercooling loop:
Depends if I will overlock.

What are my plans for future:

dual nVidia SLI; M.2 slot occupation; more than 1 SSD;

The mobo list sort by average price [lowest to highest]:

1. ASUS Prime Z270-A
  2. ASUS Strix Z270E Gaming
  3. AsRock Z270 Taichi
  4. ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1
  5. Gigabyte Aorus Z270X-Gaming 7
  6. MSI Z270 Gaming M7
  7. ASUS Maximus IX Code
  8. AsRock Fatal1ty Z270 Professional Gaming i7
  9. MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium

or you can check them here: Hardware.info ADLER mobo lis

What do you guys think?

NOTE: Price is a factor (I am looking for the "golden middle"). I am open to anykind of advices and critics.
Thank you!

Are you going to render or edit video? Or modelling? In those cases AMD Ryzen can benefit you.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Thank you for your comment JDE.
No, I don't plan to edit videos, but maybe a little bit of photo edditing, since its in the WebDeveloping sphere. I can't give you a solid reason, but I am not going for an AMD CPU (maybe its a mistake, but its just how I want it)
Intel 4 life

I'd go for the STRIX, looks great, inexpensive,  good IO and decent heatsinks.  For an extra $50 the TUF also looks great

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I went for MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, mainly due to the IO features I wanted, was all black and had RGB lighting (hence all black was nice..)

Mobo's mainly come down to brand preference (MSI vs Gigabyte vs ASUS), IO features and some additonal features, such as rgb lighting, color of the board, etc.

So a few questions that may help you are...

Are you planning on doing lighting at 1 point that isn't wanting to be tied to your mobo's color scheme?

Any IO Features you really want?

What color scheme are you doing in your build in? (RGB, all black, red/blac, white, etc)

These may help you get more tailored responses to your question, because everyone here has brand preferences when it comes to Motherboards, etc.

Hope that helps.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

I like the Asus Prime Z270-A. No fancy onboard lighting, WiFi, etc. but a nice looking board with an excellent set of features. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

20 hours ago, zMeul said:

get the cheapest mobo that fits your I/O needs

Thank you for your comment @zMeul! I agree, but you I think the cheapest mobos not always meet the "future" (if you know what I mean)

20 hours ago, Damascus said:

I'd go for the STRIX, looks great, inexpensive,  good IO and decent heatsinks.  For an extra $50 the TUF also looks great

Thank you for your comment @Damascus! Its probably going to be Strix or Code tbh. Can I ask you for which heatsinks are you thinking of?

20 hours ago, Drake10114 said:

I went for MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, mainly due to the IO features I wanted, was all black and had RGB lighting (hence all black was nice..)

Mobo's mainly come down to brand preference (MSI vs Gigabyte vs ASUS), IO features and some additonal features, such as rgb lighting, color of the board, etc.

So a few questions that may help you are...

Are you planning on doing lighting at 1 point that isn't wanting to be tied to your mobo's color scheme?

Any IO Features you really want?

What color scheme are you doing in your build in? (RGB, all black, red/blac, white, etc)

These may help you get more tailored responses to your question, because everyone here has brand preferences when it comes to Motherboards, etc.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your comment @Drake10114! Yes, I do plan to install some white and red RGB lightning there, but how is that concerned by the motherboard? The RGB lightning cables are being connected to the motherboard? (I taught they have an indivudual controller, which is connected to the PSU)

18 hours ago, brob said:

I like the Asus Prime Z270-A. No fancy onboard lighting, WiFi, etc. but a nice looking board with an excellent set of features. 

Thank you for your comment @brob, and your opinion on the Prime. Yeah, WiFi is not really needed, since there are USB WiFi Adapters nowadays.

1 minute ago, Adler said:

Thank you for your comment @zMeul! I agree, but you I think the cheapest mobos not always meet the "future" (if you know what I mean)

the moment you buy it, it's already outdated

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

the moment you buy it, it's already outdated

I also agree on this one. On top of that with the arrival of the X299 motherboards, builders (like me) will become more hesitant on whether to build or wait for the new chipset.

Just now, Adler said:

I also agree on this one. On top of that with the arrival of the X299 motherboards, builders (like me) will become more hesitant on whether to build or wait for the new chipset.

and then you wait for the next one - you'll end up without a system if you think like that

1 minute ago, Adler said:

If you only have the case you can easily wait for X299.  It looks awesome

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Do you guys have any information about X299 arrival ???

28 minutes ago, zMeul said:

and then you wait for the next one - you'll end up without a system if you think like that

What is your suggestion? Buy now and worry later?

6 hours ago, Adler said:

look at what do you need vs what's available, configure it and buy it

if you start worrying about "futureproof", you're lost

7 hours ago, Adler said:

late 2017, no info on what CPUs will be avaialble

9 hours ago, Adler said:

Unclear. There are rumours that suggest August 2017.

9 hours ago, Adler said:

It really depends on your need. Regardless of when you buy, there will always be something better, faster, better price/performance on the horizon. This is a given and unless one accepts it, one will either never buy or always regret a purchase.

X99 is at the end of its life cycle. X299 introduces a new socket (2066) and, at the moment, is supposed to support three generations of cpu - Skylake, Kaby Lake, and Cannonlake. But that doesn't really matter. The fact is one will buy a motherboard and cpu and that will last as long as it does. There is a vanishingly small chance one will upgrade a cpu. The reason is quite simple, by the time one is ready to do so, advances in technology and pricing will make buying a new motherboard, cpu, (and likely memory), much more attractive than replacing just the cpu or just the motherboard.

Buy when you are ready. Buy the best you can. Be happy with what you bought.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 3/26/2017 at 9:14 AM, Adler said:

Thank you for your comment @Drake10114! Yes, I do plan to install some white and red RGB lightning there, but how is that concerned by the motherboard? The RGB lightning cables are being connected to the motherboard? (I taught they have an indivudual controller, which is connected to the PSU)

Although you don't see the cables, having a different colour on your Mobo can make it look wierd. For instance, you are thinking of red/white, if your mobo has blue or green, or another colour accents, it can make it look wierd, asthetically. Also some mobo's have RGB headers, which allows it to be snyced up w/ the lights on the mobo. There is other kits however that have a seperate controller, but if you have a board that can control RGB, it might be easier to have 1 program control all the lights. 

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

Well I had a rough day choosing between the ASUS Strix Z270E Gaming and Gigabyte Aorus GA Z270X-Gaming 7.

and the winner was the Gigabyte, not only because it had an extra Thunderbolt3, SATAExpress connectors, U.2 connector, integrated Audio software and Amplifier, 2 lan cards (things that I will use probably in 2018), but because a online shop in my country put a -30% off the price.
Don't get me wrong the Strix has got WiFi and Bluetooth modules, but... you can buy those adapters for like 5$ from anywhere.

and YES, you got it right - I'll burn my tyres tommorrow to go and get it!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR OPINIONS AND ADVICES !! 
Definitely expect another thread about graphics card and CPU, haha.