Will windows work with my new motherboard?

Hey guys, My old motherboard broke and I had to get a new one. They are almost exactly the same (Same chipset etc etc.) but its just a different brand. Will my windows OEM copy on my HD work with my new motherboard or can Microsoft reactivate it for me or something since it was due to a hardware issue. Its the same PC and everything just slightly different motherboard

Your operating system has nothing to do with your mobo don't worry ; as long as you can connect that hard drive with no problem there should be no problems :)

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

Your operating system has nothing to do with your mobo don't worry ; as long as you can connect that hard drive with no problem there should be no problems :)

acually it does, the oem copy is tied to the motherboard and if for example i activated it with an asus motherboard and i swiched it out for an  msi it will see it as a new computer, sometimes switching brand for brand works but not always

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

maybe I should read the full post before I reply next time lol, totally skipped over OEM. @felixbearpig might be right

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

This question is asked daily in three subforums. I'll give same answerr as always. If its non-branded OEM (you have bought it from store or pc is custom made), you can install it with new mobo without any major problems. It varies how ppl tell to do it. For me it just activated after installation wihout any problems or calling to Microsoft. If its branded copy (HP,Dell), you need to deactivate it and call to Microsoft to reactivate it. And there's risk that it still don't work due to it being branded. This logic applies to Win7.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv