Arris CM820A Modem Port forwarding Issue

Rainverm38
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
5 hours ago, Rainverm38 said:

Yesterday Vast Broadband installed a modem for me at my new house this modem being the Arris CM820A i thought well this should be straight forward because i used to have a wireless router/modem from Time Warner although i didnt use the Wi-Fi feature it was able to type ipconfig get the default gateway of 192.168.0.1 type that into my browser and get to the login screen and from there port forward. Now i have this CM820A and the only page i can get that it hosts is 192.168.100.1 which is only really an event log. So if anyone knows about how to port forward this modem or if it is even possible that would be great.

Isnt that a standard Cable Modem? If so, it doesnt have a router built in. Which means your computer is connected directly to the internet. First thing you need to do is buy a router. 

The 192.168.100.1 page is the modems status pages. This is how you check the signal your getting from your ISP and the event log when needed to solve issues with your service. Modems dont offer any sort of firewall protection, which is why you need to buy a separate router. 

Yesterday Vast Broadband installed a modem for me at my new house this modem being the Arris CM820A i thought well this should be straight forward because i used to have a wireless router/modem from Time Warner although i didnt use the Wi-Fi feature it was able to type ipconfig get the default gateway of 192.168.0.1 type that into my browser and get to the login screen and from there port forward. Now i have this CM820A and the only page i can get that it hosts is 192.168.100.1 which is only really an event log. So if anyone knows about how to port forward this modem or if it is even possible that would be great.

5 hours ago, Rainverm38 said:

Isnt that a standard Cable Modem? If so, it doesnt have a router built in. Which means your computer is connected directly to the internet. First thing you need to do is buy a router. 

The 192.168.100.1 page is the modems status pages. This is how you check the signal your getting from your ISP and the event log when needed to solve issues with your service. Modems dont offer any sort of firewall protection, which is why you need to buy a separate router. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.