AMD A10 Kaveri Tested on BF4. Pcper.com

beebskadoo

Pretty impressive it seems :)

If mantle is a decent performance increase, these APU's might offer a much better value than they currently do.

Thoughts?

Edit:

The Jpeg acceleration looks really promising, GPU acceleration is AMD's plan for the APU's and this is a great step in that direction.

BF4 is running on mostly medium settings with the lighting set to low. Thinking back to the first generation APU's this is a huge leap forward in graphics performance and I applaud AMD for delivering a product that performs as they said it would.

At this point, the graphics quality doesn't appear to match the next generation platforms but I suspect the gap will be closer once Mantle is implemented.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I feel like Intel should just stop trying to make integrated GPUs because AMD obviously knows how to make a GPU.....

I feel Intel is pushing the high end graphics chips on the wrong CPU's.

The higher end GPU's are matched with the high end CPU's.

This is fine on mobile, but on the desktop it doesn't make as much sense.

If you have a high end CPU you are more likely to have a discrete card.

putting Iris Pro graphics on an i3 desktop CPU makes more sense to me.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I feel like Intel should just stop trying to make integrated GPUs because AMD obviously knows how to make a GPU.....

How about they trade CPU and GPU knowledge so intel doesn't make shitty GPU's and AMD doesn't make shitty CPU's (looking at you bulldozer)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I feel Intel is pushing the high end graphics chips on the wrong CPU's.

The higher end GPU's are matched with the high end CPU's.

This is fine on mobile, but on the desktop it doesn't make as much sense.

If you have a high end CPU you are more likely to have a discrete card.

putting Iris Pro graphics on an i3 desktop CPU makes more sense to me.

That would make it more expensive though

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

How about they trade CPU and GPU knowledge so intel doesn't make shitty GPU's and AMD doesn't make shitty CPU's (looking at you bulldozer)

The consumer market is where the money is at. Yeah Intel is the majority but APU's offer a great value to average consumers. Most people are browsing the web, looking at photos, playing stupid facebook games and Skype chatting. an i7 makes no sense to the average consumer.

Hail Sithis!

That would make it more expensive though

artificially expensive. It costs Intel nothing to not disable core functionality in a chip. Just saying.

Hail Sithis!

this APU would be fantastic with G-Sync. Buttery smooth. I dont know if it would be compatible though. Considering this APU is AMD's handy work probs not.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

How about you buy a Intel CPU and pair it with an AMD GPU....

0fc.gif

Hail Sithis!

this APU would be fantastic with G-Sync. Buttery smooth. I dont know if it would be compatible though. Considering this APU is AMD's handy work probs not.

Not compatible at launch, I can almost guarantee that. Nvidia might licence the tech a few years down the road, but AMD would have to change their GPU's at the architecture level to be compatible (most likely) Unfortunately the same situation applies with Mantle.

Hail Sithis!

obama-not-bad-l.png

That's a big ass picture.... :)

Hail Sithis!

The consumer market is where the money is at. Yeah Intel is the majority but APU's offer a great value to average consumers. Most people are browsing the web, looking at photos, playing stupid facebook games and Skype chatting. an i7 makes no sense to the average consumer.

But the average consumer will buy an I7 thinking that they need it.

Back from the dead....

Not compatible at launch, I can almost guarantee that. Nvidia might licence the tech a few years down the road, but AMD would have to change their GPU's at the architecture level to be compatible (most likely) Unfortunately the same situation applies with Mantle.

Yeah I figured, one can always dream of a Mantle + G-Sync compatible APU. It would make a truly revolutionary low end gaming machine. mITX would be good because now you have a free expansion for a sound card. Or if you are using a Maximus 5 (i think) impact, you could put in a workstation card, raid card, PCIe SSD. Imagine the possibilities. :)

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

But the average consumer will buy an I7 thinking that they need it.

I disagree, the average consumer is looking for a sub 400 dollar notebook. That is where you see i3's and higher end APU's.

Hail Sithis!

Yeah I figured, one can always dream of a Mantle + G-Sync compatible APU. It would make a truly revolutionary low end gaming machine. mITX would be good because now you have a free expansion for a sound card. Or if you are using a Maximus 5 (i think) impact, you could put in a workstation card, raid card, PCIe SSD. Imagine the possibilities. :)

Well, if AMD supports their new audio engine with the APUs it could be a game changer. you won't need a sound card! It would provide better audio if you did but you wouldn't really need one.

AMD's board partners need to start hitting the Mini itx form factor with a lot of high end choices, but within a great price region. I hope these fly off the shelves!

Hail Sithis!

5a48dbd47d855f39121a763edab0221099107887

You are forgiven, this time! :)

Hail Sithis!

Anyone else find it fishy that the image acceleration was EXACTLY twice as fast as the non-accelerated one?

Anyone else find it fishy that the image acceleration was EXACTLY twice as fast as the non-accelerated one?

I think it was just a representation not the actual thing.

Apple does the same thing, every CPU iteration they launch on the iPhone is always 2x faster than last generation.

Hail Sithis!

Well, if AMD supports their new audio engine with the APUs it could be a game changer. you won't need a sound card! It would provide better audio if you did but you wouldn't really need one.

AMD's board partners need to start hitting the Mini itx form factor with a lot of high end choices, but within a great price region. I hope these fly off the shelves!

There is soo much potential for AMD to seize both the low end media PC/ gaming and the high-end mITX market. Cant wait to see if there is a AMD impact board. They just need to step it up a bit. The only problem with their new audio engine is that it isnt really a good replacement for a dedicate high end sound card and AMP. lol, they need to integrate a Essence STX onto the board. Will never happen but it would be cool. 

There is soo much potential for AMD to seize both the low end media PC/ gaming and the high-end mITX market. Cant wait to see if there is a AMD impact board. They just need to step it up a bit. The only problem with their new audio engine is that it isnt really a good replacement for a dedicate high end sound card and AMP. lol, they need to integrate a Essence STX onto the board. Will never happen but it would be cool. 

Yeah, I agree totally. This is all dependent on how mantle performs. If it sucks, than bad news for AMD because it damn well better blow our socks off or a lot of people won't be happy!

Hail Sithis!

Yeah, I agree totally. This is all dependent on how mantle performs. If it sucks, than bad news for AMD because it damn well better blow our socks off or a lot of people won't be happy!

Mantle isnt compatible with APU's though right? It would definitely suck if mantle failed but I think it will succeed to either a lesser degree with decent performance improvements or a great degree with 20%+ improvements. Would make their APU's fly though. Intel needs to step up their game to compete with AMD in this market though. I wonder what Skylake and broadwell will bring.